What's the point/advantage of having multiple majors simultaneously over doing them one at a time?

What's the point/advantage of having multiple majors simultaneously over doing them one at a time?

it takes less time to do them.

What about your weekly schedule?

Not really though. You'll complete necessary credits at the same rate, the only reason it would ever be quicker is if having the extra requirements drove you to take denser semesters.

well what I'm doing is a double degree. Did 4 years in one institution, and 2 years in another.
This replaces 5 years for one masters + 2 years for the other masters, mostly because some prereqs overlap.
No extra workload.

Fun? I did Chemistry and minored in math and literature because why not? College is also to better yourself as a person and I won't get a chance to learn like that again.

Multi-tasking

I'm a pure math, applied math, chemistry, chemical engineering, English quintuple major.

With any project you have three resources you need to manage; time, money, quality. With dual majoring, you minimize time and money while decreasing quality (GPA). If you do it sequentially you likely improve GPA, but at a cost of time and money(tuition for more years of school). Bottom line which resources are more important to you.

>chem/neuro double major
>4.0 cumulative GPA, fourth year
>2 years research experience, and a publication

I've found the cheat code
>stop playing vidya

I don't think there is an advantage/disadvantage either way. You still have to complete the same amount of credits, as said

Earned a BA in linguistics and now I'm earning my BS in math. I hope to start my MS in computational linguistics next year. Feels good man.

>life is worth living without vidya
what a fucking wagecuck. And a proud one.

I don't play video games or have perfect grades

I'm in a cycle in which, I get tired of playing vidya, greatly increasing my focus on studying almost to the point of obsession-this usually lasts for months until I get tired of studying and go back to playing vidya again. The cycle has been going on for 4 years now

It looks good on your resume, but not that good. Employment/research experience is a lot better. The only good reason to do multiple majors is that you feel like it and you'll actually enjoy it.

>not sextupling with electrical engineering

fucking plebs make me sick

The real redpill is to do the courses that fall under both major simultaneously so you only have to do a minimum of extra work

Often course requirements in one major fulfill requirements in your other major as well. This is also the case for double degrees.

I'm doing a double degree. All of my electives for one major are being filled by required courses for the other major and vice versa. There are also some over lapping requirements. You end up finishing the program faster than if you had done then individually because you end up having to take less classes total. This is especially the case at universities where your course decisions are more open (my university has very few required courses outside of my major and a very large number of electives).

>you will never map a neural network that is capable of playing against you at near human complexity.
>you will never be able to programme your waifu to actually love you.

Get Reckt.

Everyone knows real men go for Physics/Chemistry/Biology/EE/CS/Japanese sextuple major before simultaneously entering law school & med school. Have fun wrecking your portfolio with easy shit.

>The real redpill
gtfo you pill-popping /pol/esmoker

J-Jesus user

>Captains log: Reckt Date: 7331
Not rekt
Rekt
Really Rekt
Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Cash4Rekt.com
Grapes of Rekt
Ship Rekt
Rekt markes the spot
Caught rekt handed
The Rekt Side Story
Singin' In The Rekt
Painting The Roses Rekt
Rekt Van Winkle
Parks and Rekt
Lord of the Rekts: The Reking of the King
Star Trekt
The Rekt Prince of Bel-Air
A Game of Rekt
Rektflix
A Series of unfortunate Recktvents

>the point/advantage of having multiple majors
It depends entirely upon the majors.
Psych/Women's Studies, shit-tier
English/Library Science, meh-tier
Engineering/CompSci, high-tier
Physics/Math, god-tier

but that's exactly what I'm doing RIGHT fucking now user
you're deluded, intellectually inferior, and have no worth so you keep posting "get rekt" to cather to your need of superiority.

How's Applied and Computational and Math and Electrical Engineering? A waste of time to do ACM? Will any employer ever care?

how much do you study a day?
Got any neuro science books you can recommend?
gj on publication