There's a Stephen King sale on local book store. What are some must read Stephen King books?

There's a Stephen King sale on local book store. What are some must read Stephen King books?

Salem's Lot

misery and the shining
all Stephen King books are the same
>Alcoholic
>something spooky
>''omg it reflects Stephen Kings personal troubles!''

and repeat with next book

Also
>main character is a writer
>there's a child character that's more mature and capable than the adults

Still pretty fun books imo.

the stand
the dark tower series
on writing

All of them.

He's a literary genius whose entire oeuvre digs deep into the psychotic mind.

On writing.
Cell. Think 28 days later.
The Skeleton Crew, it's a compilation. I suggest reading the sort stories Sand World*, Survivor Type, The Jaunt, and The Mist. There's also another short story in there that is directly linked to Lovecraftian mythos.
Just after Sunset, another compilation. I suggest the short "N," it runs in the same vein of "The great God Pan."

*This may not be the actual name, my bad.

You forgot Maine

Obviously you'll want to read his horror classics, but read The Green Mile too. It's not set in Maine, isn't about an alcoholic writer, and there are no spoopy ghosts, so it's really refreshing.

'the long walk', written under one of his alternate pen-names (i forget what it was)

IT, Misery, the first gunslinger, The Shining.

Pet Semetary is one of the most disturbing horror stories ever poorly written

Carrie Movie>>>>>>>>>>>Carrie book

Different Seasons has the shawshank redemption, stand by me, and Apt Pupil, all pretty great

lisey's story and insomnia, his best works.

This isn't true,
But The Shining movie is certainly better than the book.

Save your money and buy real literature.

>not applying this advice to Veeky Forums

Are you even conscious?

His Bachman books are all top-notch. His short story collections are pretty good, too. Especially Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Ahhhh cant believe i left out maine and protagonist writer!

>If a lot of people like a book that means they are shit! T-thats why nobody likes my book cuz its so good that nobody wants to read it.

Stephen King went though a coke phase and and accident phase, and all those stories and books are mostly just feeding his demons. He's gotten back on the horse again lately, and he isn't shit at all.

Honestly I didn't mind The Stand. It was kind of cheesy, but it hit a sweet spot for me. Recommended.

Firestarter

are there any that aren't that scary?

I want to read one but I get scared easily, and then I don't sleep

Salem
The Shinning
running Man
Misery

avoid The Cell...it has a good opening but the book in general is full of shit and the ending is pure crap.

Running man, for sure

>stephen king
>are there any that aren't that scary?
all of them

haha the bottom guy looks a bit like simon cowell

yeah. Whenever it gets scary you're sure that King wrote an entire paragraph out of nowhere about how the maine character loves bowling or something.

>maine character
kek

>one of the dark tower books
>entire chapter about how some random character can only get off by killing people

Stephen King is an ugly cuck loser. Why would you read any of his books?

There's a religious fundamentalist and an abusive parent.

am i a faggot for liking 11.22.63? I thought it was fun

I would say no King is a MUST read. Just a meh read. I dropped Cujo after 90 pages of fucking cereal talk.

And you guys all forgot that there's always a handjob scene.

I dunno why the first part broke my heart.
It made me feel bad for the janitor.
I know treat all the cleaning people on my floor with much respect.

If you're a fag for liking it, I must suck a lot of cock because I loved it. Sharp and devastating, even if it follows all the King tropes and motifs.

Tracy Chapman or something like that

Agreed 11.22.63 is my favorite Stephen King book. I learned a lot about the kennedy assassination and I felt a connection to the characters.
Also, Pound Cake

>Add pop culture or music reference
>Related characters and connections.
Personal favorite are The Stand, Night Shift and 'Saleom's Lot

>On Writing
>The Stand
>IT
>The Dark Tower
>Pet Semetery

Richard Bachman

The movie is also not about the book