Go to some hip, overpriced bar

>go to some hip, overpriced bar
>they serve drinks in beakers

Why?

Because hip overpriced bars need gimmicks?

To steal. Beaker like $15

They weren't Pyrexes/Kimaxes.

Probably some cheapo Chinese shit not suitable for actual lab work.

steal the beakers, good pyrex is pricey as fuck,

You should ask if they can serve you a margarita in a 3 neck Round Bottom Flask, then steal that too.

Brand not matter. Only borosilicate matter

The glass felt thin.

So you know exactly how drunk you're gonna get.

>n00b drinkers itt

Only after they finish their dichromate titration to determine the ethanol content.

PYREX (R) is just a brand name for ordinary tempered soda-lime glass, it is not pyrex as in borosilicate, because of the retarded way US of A works
do not use PYREX(R) for things you need borosilicate, or you're going to have A BAD TIME (TM)

Aren't the two differentiated via the use of upper or lower case? (pyrex = soda-lime, Pyrex = borosilicate)

Either way, I know what you mean. I read a story online about a guy who made ETN in fake Pyrex glassware, dude lost both his hands when it cracked and ... something-something happened I don't remember.

there are a bunch of companies using the Pyrex brand, but only like one of them (i think the french one) is actual borosilicate

Lmao OP made up some retarded story for attention but everyone just wants to talk about beakers now

Flunked right out of cocktail-school.

My impression of a joint skydives if I see a fucking beaker. Half the time the drink dribbles down your face because of the shape of the rim. Can't stand that shit.

Is it just me or does that blue liquid look like it'd taste real good?

Even as a Chen student I find this idiotic.

You're a retard lel

>trusting gradiation marks

Gotta weigh that shit, nigga

I remember that story. Making explosives on a stovetop was a terrible idea in and of itself, let alone not getting the fuck out of the way once he heard it crack.

I remember the first time i went somewhere that served drinks in mason jars. I thought it was the kind of dumbass internet shit that only happened to faggots in greentext threads and yet there i was. Guess i was the faggot all along.

Because they're hipsters. Have you seen the restaurant where they serve your food on skateboards? I don't mean that in the "waiters riding skateboards" way, I mean, they put your food on a fucking skateboard and serve it to you. There are multiple restaurants that do this.

They know their food is overpriced garbage so they up the presentation to compensate.

not for liquids, you dumb fuck

This thread makes me question the value of this life.

you cannot volumetrically measure liquids with the graduates on a fucking beaker. Use a fucking balance, or volumetric glassware

I don't know if it's just me or my training as a chemist but I don't think I'd feel comfortable drinking out of any labware.

Because they're cheaper than fine glassware and people either expect that or something memorable

...These people DO know that skateboards are coated in a toxic resin, right?

Was there a strawberry pink bullshit drink with the word titration in the name?

>doesn't know about organic toxin free skateboards
what a pleb

>$27.99 plus tip

>go to the chemical stock room at the university
>all they've got is hip, overpriced 140 and 180 proof ethanol
>they only serve it in beakers
Why?

Pyrex is pretty good.
Those beakers are $10 each tho I dunno why they'd rather not buy the usual $2 bar glasses.

Are metal dishes even hygienic?
Even if they are, wouldn't they alter the flavor?
Some times I can even taste the metal of some cutlery.

Yeah same
The unnatural colour and just even a slight alcohol smell, being in a beaker brings me gagging thinking I'm back in the lab.

Enjoying your work user

They found them while dumpster diving behind the local hospital

I hope you like prawns.

That looks pretty norm-

>Sees filename

I'm out

Someone wants to be a Japanese theme restaurant and is not managing it.

Everyone wants to be a theme restaurant. Food has to be Instagrammable now.

Damn, I had that idea 20 years ago.

Is that log dishwasher safe

Don't think so.

I wonder how much of the cost of these novelty dishware items artificially inflates the cost of the food.

I HATE

THIS THREAD

Food 2deep4you?

Just. What?

I like to imagine they put them on and walked around with cake-filled diapers because it makes about as much sense as eating out of a diaper.

>I don't need cooking skills, it's my style.jpg

I reckon they alter the flavor about as much as a piece of slate or shoe does.

i see what you did there.

well they are honest, with those price is literally a racket business

Sure it's in paris? must be pretty obscure place.

I think the idea is that millenial grew up on microwave and fast food and has no idea of why they should eat outside because they have no palate, so they prefer showy stuff that looks good on their facebook photos.

Zéro de Conduite

Pretty much.