When and how did you grow out of nihilism?

When and how did you grow out of nihilism?

I fade in and back out of it myself. Once it's come to you it's there to stay and is assuaged only by busy periods of life when there's no time and it's useless to contemplate such things.

I still haven't

please help me. everything seems cold and dead

When I realized the term Nihilism is an entirely empty designation that only people with poor philosophic literacy take seriously

I grew into it.

Thanks, Schopenhauer.

When I took the redpill

Nihilism is inherent to the fact that everything must contain it's own absence. After that you can never really "grow out" of it, no matter what purpose you adopt in life you will always be aware of it's arbitrarity.

You don't "grow out" of it. If you think you have, you've just regressed. What you do is internalize it and come up with some sort of personal answer to the question it poses.

>What you do is internalize it and come up with some sort of personal answer to the question it poses.

Why do people always say this shit like it means anything

Seems fine to me. Do you not know what he means

Once you embrace nihilsm, its impossible to ever really forget it. You just create distractions for yourself and create your own meaning, and try to generate as much happiness as you can.

Ultimately though, nihilism is the final description to life.

by becoming a negative utilitarian/hedonist and antinatalist of course famaladingdong.

It's almost like the process he describes is literally what is signified by 'growing out of'.

Schopenhauer is not nihilistic. There is more to nihilism than a pessimistic worldview. Apart from espousing aesthetics as the highest good, he already clearly understood that suffering matters. A true nihilist is Camus or even Sartre despite being relatively more optimistic in their beliefs. Even Nietzsche was a nihilist, just not in a comprehensive sense.

"Nihilism" just means you wear black clothing and grimace a lot, right? Then about age 17.

This.

By embracing quietism. Nihilism is just as intellectually sloppy as any other ideology.

Have you never thought of something you didn't know how to answer or how to feel, and then let it slip away only for you to think about it again at a later point in time with a more certain or comfortable reaction or understanding towards it?
That's what that is. It's very real and means a lot if you actually pay attention to yourself and your mind.

>literally being passionate about nothing

I accepted the truth of the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth

camus has already put existentialism to rest. read only 'the myth of sisyphus' and move on to other fields.

existentialism is not nihilism. Campus is fundamentally nihilistic

Are you seriously calling Nietzsche a nihilist?

I took the "spooks" meme too seriously. Not even kidding.

I read the Ego and its Own, and now I've turned into an absolute nihilist. My path of progression went as follows:

> SJW -> Classical Liberal -> Paleoconservative -> Neo-Conservative -> Conservative -> Reactionary -> Traditionalist -> Nihilist

Nowadays I feel like something dangerous; a conservative with nothing left to conserve. I read Evola's major works and I think he's also to blame. I increasingly don't give a shit about morality, I look at the world with constant derision and when I'm not working I'm reading philosophy.

Nietzsche resonated with me, and I think even he didn't go far enough. Nowadays I think too much to pose any danger, I just go through life riding the tiger. Something keeps me from turning into a full-blown hedonist/epicurean, but I don't know what.

If anything nowadays, I'm an accelerationist; but I don't know what I'm accelerating towards. Part of me feels giddy at the prospect of societal breakdown.

All of this might sound like a joke, but it's not. I stopped taking anything seriously, disregarding everything I didn't like as a "spook." Now it's too late.

Similar to the concept of every knowledge being ultimately based on what can't be proven?

you haven't read or understood epicurus or you filthy plebian

Lighten up, Francis.

You can't possibly be serious.

>Schopenhauer
>nihilist
nope.

>Nietzsche
>nihilist
even more wrong.

i'm not even sure I'd say Sartre was a nihilist, seeing as he was so wrapped up in Marxism.

Nihilism is the only objectively true philosophic school of thought. Everything else is a waste of time.

So this is how we neuter /pol/?

Interesting...

Nietzsche was a moral nihilist

What the hell does "nihilism" mean?

This thread is like watching a bunch of Down Syndrome victims staging a mud-wrestling match.

i didn't. i can't think of one single thing that is worth doing, i don't get joy out of basically anything anymore, i am depressed and feel like i don't have the energy or brainpower to do literally anything (cf psychomotor retardation), and i just want to die.

Congratulations, you have transcended morality: this is the first step.

Alas, there are many more spooks you must dispel in order to be truly free.

Even now, you are struggling with this freedom; seeking another spook to latch yourself onto.

Resist that urge.

When Nietzsche called me a pussy and told me to have a stronger will

Nhilism is looking at your view of life from someone/thing that is not you, therefore it is a fraud. We all know that humans can not escape the choice to make a decision, whatever the decision may be. So first, do you want to live or die, as those two are the only two options available to us. If u can answer this question then you have desire in ur life, the desire to live or die, the next question will be how to live if u choose to live, how do u want to make ur existence worthy of your existance, this presents just about infinite options while death is one(also i have forever to die after im dead so ill live while im alive). With this in mind, satisfying desire brings meaning TO YOU as you are working on what you want. Now how can you say it is all meaningless when you have the WANT for something? When you have the desire for something and you can attain it, then isnt satisfying that "want" doing something purposeful to you? Isnt living a life u want (or trying to) living a subjectivity meaningful life to YOU and you only? Nihilists fail to realise that meaning to man is given by man. The lover letter that stacy gave to chad is meaningful to chad because he gave it meaning. Its "objective" meaning to the universe we will never know because we are NOT the universe, we are man, and man gives meaning to his own life and the actions that make up it. We cannot escape the choice of making a choice, so don't try to seek objective meaning cause there is none, instead make the choice to make ur actions in correspondence to ur desire. For as long as there is desire, there is meaning.

Now how to know what u want? Experience. You cant know what is color red until u have seen it

Many Nihilists make their meaning to be supporting Nhilism and walk on the path of apathy through living a life that is just a waste of time to themselves. If u want to be happy, then do what will make u happy. Is that not meaningful to you?

Desu Nhilism is nothingness and unless that's what u want, it only brings suffering. live a life worthy of ur existence, live a great life desu.
Z

I've settled fairly contently with an attitude of cynicism regarding everything.

When I read Hume and Kant and realized that there is an objective reality.

When I stopped pretending that absence of answers to life wasn't itself just another copout answer to life.