ITT: We derive all of mathematics as it was done chronologically, as if we did it

ITT: We derive all of mathematics as it was done chronologically, as if we did it.
Holy shit guys, I have this stone and this other one. That makes two stones. We need to make a system for this!

If we have two stones and then we take one away well only have one stone.

Today I'll give you one stone. Tomorrow I'll give you two stones. The day after tomorrow I'll give you three stones. The day after the day after tomorrow I'll give you four stones. Assuming we are both immortal and can continue this forever, would you accept the deal?

Nice try, you're just trying to steal 1/12 of a stone from me, I won't have it.

One...out of twelve? Woah dudes, If we have one stone out of twelve.. that means... we can have partial parts of something. Does that mean anything?

What are those symbols? This is witchcraft, but.. we need to make some pattern. Maybe one line for one item, two lines for two?

what the fuck is that

Welp, I thought this was supposed to be a proper thread, but looks like people are writing the nonsense [math]\displaystyle\sum^\infty_{i=1}i = - \frac{1}{12}[/math] instead of the correct [math]\displaystyle\sum^\infty_{i=1}i \stackrel{\scriptstyle \Re}{=} - \frac{1}{12}[/math] again.

>[math]\dfrac{dy}{dx} [/math]
>not [math]\dfrac{\mathrm{d}y}{\mathrm{d}x} [/math]

lol either way it simplified to y/x! you math grads are so dumb, you cant even remember algebra!

>come back to Veeky Forums after quite some time
>anons can't into simple logic notation
Yeah, fuck this place. Bye.

>y/x!
What's this ! you speak of?
>how do I read the OP

'I don't read the OP' - you

>obvious bait
>gives (You)s anyway

>I was just pretending to be retarded xDDDDDDDDDD

Perhaps the art of stone counting is too much for you guys.

>counting
huh?

>I have this stone and this other one. That makes two stones
no it makes 11 stones

I see, cause if you smash 2 stones together one of hem will break, resulting in at least 11 stones

h-hey guys

scary dark skinned men are flying

11 rocks, maybe you're right. 1 and 1. 11. Genious. We should use this as our notation from now on until we think of something better.

Also,
>be some undergrad faggot
>not know how to roleplay
>Veeky Forums

if you split a stick
now you have two stick

Hey guys,I noticed that if I take 3 steps forward, turn to my left, walk 3 steps forward, and repeat twice more, my foot steps trace out an interesting shape that is pleasing to the eye! I think i will call it a square.

You have two halves of the prior stick. Is 11 = 1/11?

no dummie it makes a window

Can it be done if we have ten stones and eleven stones? What should 10 + 11 look like and what should 11 + 10 also look like?

It is nice, isn't it? What if you cut your trip in half, going from the original position to the second part (Three steps foreward, three steps left)? It cuts the sides from your "square" of 1111 to a new shape, of 111 sides. Does this mean the space it occupies is 111/1111 of the square?

What is this "0" you have? ten is 1111111111. 11 is two. But you are right, 1 and 11 is the same as 11 and 1. 11+1=1+11. Is this correct for all number values?

What is eleven?

Let's have "x" for any random, or unknown value. x + 1 = 1+x. This is sick.

what's going on with these 111-sided figures, guys?

Do you think it's possible to work out their perimeter without measuring all the sides and adding them?

lmao ur such a fuckboy I was looking forward to this thread and u went and fuckboyed it all up

This is neither fun nor interesting, and it is definitely not clever; the delivery is lacking and your collective grasp on the history of mathematics appears to be dogshit, to say the least.

t. Godfrey Harold Hardy, PhD

Is that an abstract loss edit or am I finally losing my mind

I do not know, I need to develop a method to figure out how much space my new square occupies. I'll take some stones of equal size and try to draw out small squares and see how many stones it takes to fill a square.

Although, I have also noticed that if I have a square with sides 11, it takes 1111 stones to fill it; a square with sides 111 takes 111111111 stones to fill; a square with 1111 stones take 1:111111 stones to fill! I have adopted the use of a semicolon to denote 1111111111.

Am I on to something guys?

what's the 'figure' thing you are speaking of?

>Do you think it's possible to work out their perimeter without measuring all the sides and adding them?
Nah, probably not. Why would anyone even need that if you can just measure the sides?

Good question.
Maybe we can use this idea.

If we have 1111 tree trunks that are same size, how much taller will the middle tree trunk have to be to fit inside the box?

what if we used different symbols for each value less than 1:?

here are some ideas for the first 1111 (now called 4)

You are, but the pattern is odd, isn't it. It seems to be this pattern for many things. If I have 111 leaves, by 111 leaves, it also makes 111111111. 11 by 11 pieces of meat makes 1111, just like for you. what can we use to show this?

forgot pictogram, sorry famalam

ITT: what autists do for fun

this guy knows what's up. stop fucking around with sticks and go do something useful.

What if you have no rocks?

our "keeping track of amount" system seems to have a deep flaw, we can't describe large numbers as the time to do such a task is too much, perhaps introducing symbols to represent collective groups will be better
perhaps V = 11111
perhaps X = VV

Stop making up words, Ooajohaha. Be like us and try to help us figure out if there is any logic to 1, 1111, 111111111, 1:111111, continued. Or be productive and plant this potato to grow.

I thinks that syhn is a fraction

Jesus, what does 111 leaves, *by* 111 leaves mean, you dumb fuck? Go die in a, recently invented, fire.

God bless you, those 1 were begining to hourt my eyes.

good question

where did you find those symbols? you are scary and I want to kill you because I don't understand.

So 1 is still 1, 11 is 2, 111 is A, 1111 is 4, 11111 is V, and X is VV. What about before X?

111111 is V1 perhaps?

ITT: People jealous of autists having fun.

We can use better symbols than old sheepfucker there.
I will be 1
V will be 11111
X will be VV
L will be XXXXX
C will be LL
D will be CCCCC
M will be DD

Then you can count easy

I mean, come on, its MMMMMXV1 BC
one symbol not enough for counting

If I double my cat 3 times and I take a picture of one of them and the cat in the picture comes out of my computer how many cats do I have

V11 could be 1111111?
VA would be 11111111
And for 111111111, VA1

I don't think we can ever find that length. Should we make random lengths for the sides of the square until we get an actual number, or fraction we can use?

This is the worst and best meme on this board.

ITT: what autists do for fun

First off you need to understand the identity principle.
A stone is a stone.
A non-stone is not a stone.

This is vital to understanding and knowing anything

keke

/thread

No need to samefag while sucking MM penises

that one wasn't me tho

Philosophiae Naturalis laterum figurae alicuius quadraturam lateribus Unum.

TABLE DE VALORES QUAE IN AQUA:

1 – 1
11 – 1111
111 – 111111111
1111 – 1:111111
11111 – 11: 11111
111111 – 111: 111111
1111111 – 1111: 111111111
11111111 – 111111: 1111
111111111 – 11111111:1
1: – (1:):

We can see that, clare, unum follows a proportion similar to the movements of the waters. In a following charta, I will present more advances ex natura corporis of the figures presented once I understand the fundamental substantia of the movements of the waters

Alright. 1 is the same as 1. 1 is not the same as 2. 1 us not the same as A. 1 is not equal to all numbers not equal to itself. Does that sound good?

Look at this lost scroll one of our brothers found. Those ancients with their archaic number system, but good ideas. This is valuable information. How can we use it? Maybe part of the triangle?

gentlemen, i have discovered that we can also count in groups

i shall call this operation 'fast-counting'

accept the axiom x(y+b) = y*x+b*x or else my tribe will burn down your library

You are clever, good sir. A amount of As is the same as 1 A + (together with) 2 A.
Fast counting, this means.. My bees can be split up and still be equal as long as the value is the same.

Factorial base is pretty swank.

1:1
10:20
11:111
20:220
21:1001
100:1200
101:2001
110:2220
111:3111
120:4020
121:10001
200:11000
201:12001
210:13020
211:14111

If I have one rock and give someone else a rock- how many rocks do I have? Nothing rocks? I think we need a symbol for 'nothings' I propose a big empty circle.

this thread is a cringe-athon

Or we can just not have a symbol for nothing, how significant would it be anyways? Probably not at all.

but how can we signify how un useful it is?

Alright, O will be nothingness, I'll bite. If you have O items, and I give you V11, I'll have O take away V11, and you will have V11. Is there a way we could write that?

I have seen another civilization use a + to mean "in addition", meaning if you had 1: goats and I give you 1 more goat, we can represent this as
1: + 1 goats
They also seemed to use the symbol = to mean a total amount. In the previous example, that would mean you now have
1: + 1 = 1:1 goats
or
1: + 1 = V11 goats if you prefer those symbols

Correction, 1: + 1 = V1, no bully pls

Therefore, the amount of nothing could mean that if you have 1:1 goats and I gave you O goats, then

1:1 + O = 1:1 goats

What am I even clicking on.

Let's subjugate them and steal all of their technological inventions

History in the making. Pun intended.

Oh, yeah. Those false gods with their black magic, let's fuck them up and steal their women. And then learn from their counting tables.

I think we should put our attention back at this. Maybe it's 2? It has to be longer than 1.

>The year of our Lord M + M + X + V1
>Can't count past V

How does its length compare to the length of the sides?

Why am I taking part in this nonsense when I have a final in the time it takes the sun to travel roughly three fingers' width at arms' length?

Oh crap, it's between two and one. We need a way to find this. Hmm. It can be three squares, on on each side of the triangle. But that wouldn't give anything. Maybe triangles on each side of the triangle then? Also, why wouldn't you take part in something so beautiful.

Guys, is there a number between 1 and 11? I mean, we can make 11 by taking 1 and adding another 1 such that 1+1= 11. Can we do the same thing but for something smaller?

No, dummy. You break a stone in half, you have 11 stones.

Yes but are the 11 stones the SAME stones as the previous unbroken one? Note that if we have 1 stone as large as my palm and we break it into 11 stones, we now have stones smaller than my palm.

Plebs from dumb village
Not knowing we use 2 for 11
But something between 1 and 2, it may be done. How? I have one finger. I have 2. But If I have one finger, and I cut the other into a smaller part of a finger. That gives me something between 1 and 2. Because the parts are divided into 2 equal ones, 2 out of 2 is one whole. one out of two. Can we make that a thing?

>Not knowing we use 2 for 11
112 = 1111, got it

Technically, yes you priest.

okay we need a better system for counting, or else 's village will fuck something up

in the original system we counted 1111 where each 1 represented a thing

now that we're using more symbols like 2, we can count faster if we just make different arrangements of symbols mean different things

i propose we merge fast counting and regular counting to create a system called 'numbers'

each symbol is part of the number, and the first symbol can be groups of 1
the second symbol is how many groups of V
and the third symbol counts groups of V that also each have a group of V

here's an example of how fast you can count:

A21 = A+"V"2+"V"V" = 111+1111111111+1111111111111111111111111

see how much nicer this system is?

just remember, the first symbol is for the smallest group, and the last symbol is for the largest. or else we'll sacrifice you to the volcano gods

Helpful, it looks great. It's great for counting the amount of people In a village, city, or home complex.

Guys, hear me out. What if you get half a stone, then a half of that, and a half of that and do that forever and add them together. What would you get? They get smaller, so it must be some value right?

Once we steal all of the intergalactic negros technology, no one will ever suspect that cave dwelling Europeans who are prone to sunburn could possibly do that, it'd sound like utter fucking nonsense!

The perfect crime!

Sorry to newb up the thread but could anyone give me the terminology used to describe the second equality in this post? I'm self-studied and all over the fucking place so I know pretty much zero analysis (largely because my proof skills haven't improved since babby discrete math) but am aware of the gamma function and analytic continuation. Just curious what word to google for that notation. Thanks.

We started from one stone, so yeah, it would make sense for all them together to equal 1. We need some way to represent the partial rocks however. Maybe, 1p2 (for 1 "part of" 2) If we cut that again, it would be 1p4. and so on.

This reminds me of an event of the fastest warrior in my tribe:
each runner starts at a pile of rocks and the aim is to get to another pile of rocks further away - but to get there they must run half of the distance, then half of the remaining distance and half of that remaining distance and so on
- nobody ever finished the race before they died but it was very exciting, I invite you and your tribe people to visit for our next event if you have a lot of free time to spare.