I went to an interview for a commis chef job about a month ago. It was for a new restaurant...

I went to an interview for a commis chef job about a month ago. It was for a new restaurant, with Nuno Mendes being the executive chef. The guy who interviewed me said he'd be willing to give me a chance, and that he'd get in touch with me.

For all intensive purposes, it was not a great interview.

Turns out the fucking restaurant opened a few days ago.

Feels bad man.

You dumb ass. You couldn't spend half an hour on youtube learning how to interview properly? You deserve to not be hired.

lol there were so many awkward silences, holy shit I'm laughing thinking about them.

>Tell me about yourself

Fuck, I hate that question the most.

When you interview, you are being a salesman. You are trying to sell something to this place of business. You're trying to sell yourself. Know your product. Know what benefits it has and show how it can benefit the buyer.

Maintain that mindset. And fucking smile a lot.

Dumb frogposter

you have to follow up OP. it's the worst thing in the world but that's how you get hired.

also
>intensive purposes

>Turns out the fucking restaurant opened a few days ago.
Why don't you just show up one day in the kitchen and start working. Claim your were hired

It's a doggy dog world out there OP

People like you sees to amaze me.

>You're trying to sell yourself
probably helps if you don't think of yourself as a worthless piece of shit.

I know right!
They're a diamond dozen

Huh?

I used to be in charge of hiring, loved asking that just to see people squirm.

The trick is to say how much you love the hobby related to your job.
>"so why did you want to want to work as a dump truck driver?"
>"I just love taking the trash out, I can't stand my place being dirty and take the trash all the way to the dump about every other week"

The trick is to say how much you love the hobby related to your job.
>>"so why did you want to want to work as a surgeon?"
>>"I just love cutting people open, I can't stand people not bleeding. I usually cut a couple of hookers open about every other week"

What would you do if I just started going off on my natal chart (astrology) and inane shit like that?

I'm guessing you still work the fryer at McDonald's with that limited mentality.

I did. I just sort of apologised for my awkwardness.

Oh well.

marine propulsion engineer
I feel like a fraud.

Never apologize. Just say you will correct whatever you did.

Never apologize. It shows weakness.

(Wives, girlfriends and mothers excluded, of course. You always apologize to them and admit guilt. LOL).

Try to come up with some related follow up questions. I never was interested in the actual answer, just wanted to see how people thought and if they were quick on their feet.

so in other words you did no follow up

READ THE FUCKING THREAD YOU WORTHLESS KEK

here
calling to apologize for being awkward doesn't count as follow up

fuck you shitface