What's the next big thing?

Since we have some time to kill before our crypto holdings turn us into millionaires... Get in here and discuss the future.

What are the next big trends going to be? Feel free to speak about the near and distant future. I'll bump this with speculative articles and summaries.

OP for artificial intelligence and deep learning algorithms.

Other urls found in this thread:

weforum.org/agenda/2017/05/bill-gates-is-pretty-good-at-predicting-the-future-this-is-what-he-thinks-will-happen-next1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crypto lending
Security for your crypto
Using crypto in daily lives.
Working your job and getting paid in crypto

Decentralised internet; without it crypto will be a tyranny

Facial recognition + drone swarms + massive divergence between haves and have nots (there will be no basic income. If you're not rich and connected RIGHT NOW you won't make it).
+ webm related. We're all fucked. The only chance the people have is unity. Why do you think we're constantly fighting over trivial partisan bullshit? Because that's exactly what we're supposed to be doing.
Better make sure you have an off-grid farm in the middle of fucking nowhere before it all comes tumbling down.

Bill Gates' take: weforum.org/agenda/2017/05/bill-gates-is-pretty-good-at-predicting-the-future-this-is-what-he-thinks-will-happen-next1

>Bioterrorism could wipe out 33 million people in less than a year.
>When it comes to food, Africa will become entirely self-sufficient. (thank you Stellar!)
>Mobile banking will help the poor transform their lives.
>By 2035, there could be almost no poor countries.
>By 2030, the world will discover a clean-energy breakthrough to power our world.
>Countless jobs will be lost to automation.

Wrong webm.

Maybe smart contracts

Decentralized Oracle with multisig

That was one of the most fascinating things I've seen in my life. What the fuck? I'm sure it isn't working with a whole lot of accuracy now (or is it?) but we all know that it will, some day.

Damn.

totally believable if it's identifying "person" "vehicle" etc
things have changed a lot this decade
there's a ways to go before reliably identifying 1 out of 1 billion individuals

Imagine when it lists a person's internet browsing habits, and suspected criminal activities.

This.

PoWH
unironically

People have till 2020 to make themselves able to survive independently of society. There will be plenty of rich people who loose everything when the dollar collapses

so...KIN or LEND?

Never realized Paul Newman was Chad af

Don't know what daily sounding crypto will be

Bullet proof scured wallets could be something like Rivetz or Pillar ultra secure wallets

Lending is going to come in various forms and will replace existing bank lending and will become p2p. This is Populous, PayPie, Salt, etc.

Also add.. ocean communities // seasteading. Tax free crypto life. (Pic attached)

Free energy by tapping into atoms all around us

Sounding = spending #typo

Gartner hype cycle. Check this thing every year and invest accordingly.

>600 billion market cap without practically any consumer transaction use
>bottom of hype cycle

heading toward disillusionment (prior to productivity)
Best time to plant a tree and all that

I think iphone and samsung phones with larger screens etc etc will patronum dissappear-o. I think the main use for mobiles other than intra-comms (whatsapp/we-chat/ telegram/ or some form of encrypted private comms) will be to secure your decentralized currencies. Cold Storage Hardware will have to be developed and fuse into everyday comm devices.

00's and 10's were the era of selling your private info to corporations, 20's information will be taken back by the people in a huge way, fb will become bust, XMR to the moon.