Will we see the cure for schizophrenia in the next 20~30 years? Or at least understand how it works?

Will we see the cure for schizophrenia in the next 20~30 years? Or at least understand how it works?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12505794
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

schizophrenia is a meme

>Vapormeme

I don't need to be cured. By the way, anyone find it soo convenient how a protein to kill zika is found after it gets all that media attention? Almost like Zika was made up in a lab specifically to manufacture a problem for a preconceived solution.

>I don't need to be cured.
You really should be. By way of evidence:

>By the way, anyone find it soo convenient how a protein to kill zika is found after it gets all that media attention? Almost like Zika was made up in a lab specifically to manufacture a problem for a preconceived solution.

Welcome to being a paranoid schizophrenic.

Jeez. Get woke. I was doing a skit.

but, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you aren't surrounded by sharks.

>but, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you aren't surrounded by sharks.
There's a difference between recognizing the human condition results in a world full of selfish dumbshits taking advantage of others, and being paranoid of conspiracy bullshit. The government has been lying for decades but the moon landing was real, as an example.

Schizophrenia is caused by issues with cognition, and it's probably different between every individual, usually caused by stress, drugs or head injury.

We will never be able to "solve" it since the psychiatric establishment is obsessed over stating all disturbances are to be treated the same and as diseases.
So mood disorders and personality disorders will always be treated as diseases on par with schizophrenia, even though common sense would tell us environment plays a big part in complaining and adaption, and that they're not always bad.
Sometimes society is sick for falsely accusing people and oppressing them and that provokes a reaction... but people benefiting from the status quo use mindguard techniques to implement affirm the consequent fallacies in the diagnosis of whistleblowers.

Right now the Australian Psychiatric Association says at least 50% of all Australians will have a mental illness in their lifetime.
That means it's abnormal to be normal.

Even the top people at the APA, NIMH and WHO have abandoned mainstream psychiatry because it's ruining lives for profit at the moment.
That's how far we are from a cure: the system is so corrupt it's calling BS on itself and publishing articles about it.

>Cure
Mental disorders are not lego block problems like physical illnesses they are more complex chemical sometimes even neural tissue anomalies that are impossible to get rid of outside of science fiction, why do you think we have yet to cure one single form of mental illness beyond addiction?

It won't be permanently cured because it can already be effectively treated using pharmaceuticals.
Welcome to the world of medical research grants.

so-called chemical anomalies are infact natural reaction to social situations. you not feel bad because you have depression, but you have depression, because your life is bad.

No it wasn't, retard. The world is retarded and few people are smart. You think you're smart because you can regurgitate what you've been fed but you're not wise. If you were wise you would not cling.

BLASPHEMY.
Only subhuman scum feel bad.
They do it to themselves.
If people just learned THEIR PLACE there wouldn't be any issues to begin with.
[satire]

Seriously though. Depression was considered perfectly normal until WWII.

Anxiety has always been unfairly treated as insanity by sheltered and religious thinking communities.

PTSD? If you don't have some reaction to the fact there are thousands of armed nuclear warheads and crowded prisons... then there is something wrong with your conception of reality.

Bipolar? The go-go 80s, narcissistic 90s and the strive for extremist social competition and applied force to fit social roles do this, especially of people use stimulants for A.D.H.D. to correct their "confusion" or lack of cooperation with the system.

Psychiatry is mostly bullshit.
It's fascism masquerading as medicine.

Just cringe

Are you cringing at me or asking me to cringe.
Your English sucks.
If I said something incorrect, then you should be able to point out the fallacy.
Well?

Quantum brains loooool
2 states folded 1000 times
autistic like katana

Just cringe

Cringes at both of you.

I hate that people like you exist

FYI I've recently watched a moon landing hoax documentary and found the arguments to be laughably childish. If you know any physics (and basic optics intuition) you would not buy the shitty arguments. If you don't, there are literally thousands of professional responses from people who do.

Shadow angles = sloped terrain, "blowing flag" = stiff wire support frame + instability of rotation around second axis. Reappearing mountain background = large distant mountains don't move much when you walk slightly towards them. External camera is part of the design. "Sped-up footage looks normal" = what the fuck do you expect it to look like?

Anything else I missed? It's physics. I'm sorry that your intuition hasn't evolved since age ten.

user clinical depression is your brain producing too much serotonin its a chemical disorder that you cant really get rid of because you have to reformat or remake the brain of the individual to get rid of it thats why they say being mentally ill is far worse than a physical illness.

Yeah, but depression tends to be stress-induced. Unfortunately, life doesn't often get any easier once you have it, so people are stuck in a cycle of medication instead of just catching the break their mind needs.

Just kys

Is schizophrenia just basically dreaming while you're awake?

as mentioned before the criteria has become very large in the past decades.

The safest definition is probably along the lines of "the inability to discern what real and what is imagined, with a degree of altered perception"

They have recently removed auditory hallucinations from the list of symptoms and are now saying some degree of auditory hallucinations is normal.

If you want a laugh, look up word salad.

Not necessarily a cure, but we'll understand how it works.

Many theories right now hint towards dysregulations of dopamine as explained by Kapur (2003) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12505794

Some dopamine pathways modulate serotonergic and glutamergic receptors as well, which could account for the richness of the hallucinations but also for the decline in cognitive abilities and negative symptoms.

As I have personally had a psychotic experience in my life (dopamine agonist + stress induced), I believe quite strongly in this theory.

You're an adult. You do business things and someone else controls your life.

it has to be defined properly first.

Fucking kys

This is nonsense. You turn everything upside-down.
Physiology follow the psyche. Too much serotonin your brain has not because that serotonin (fuck this pseudoscience) just came out of nowhere, but because this is how your body and your psyche adapts to social environment.

End your life.

Right now psychologists are interpreting patient symptoms in terms of neurology.

In the next 10 years, researchers will start to link biological causes to mental illnesses.

In 20 years, doctors will diagnose microbiological ailments and prescribe medicines as treatment.

In 30 years, the virii, bacteria, and parasites which cause schizophrenia will be targets for eradication so as to uplift the human species.

Trichinosis will be recognized like smallpox is today.

The main thing holding back this process is the repression of fundamental human rights. Every time some random evil dictator sets up a police state, he gets a plethora of human subjects upon which to experiment- so as to develop a new form of schizophrenia.

There are precious few people who can deal with this problem in an integrative manner and on an empirical basis. My late uncle was one and the field is impeded by the fact that his last will and testament were not fulfilled to any meaningful extent.

Psychologists need to use a more precise classification scheme.

Biologists need to be more accepting of work done in other languages.

Neurologists and other doctors need to respect the patient magnanimously.

I offer you my emotional support,OP;
If you or a family member faces these problems.

Bretty gud 3X3 desu

Kill yourself dude, make that that call.

Wew lad

>people benefiting from the status quo use mindguard techniques to implement affirm the consequent fallacies in the diagnosis of whistleblowers
I can tell you know what you're talking about but please work on your fucking syntax, I can't understand half of the shit you're trying to convey

This
\thread

End your life bro

schizo here.
I've been taking paliperidone since I'm 15, all symptons are pretty much done and I'm 99% normal.

but why do I still need to have my brain bussy with something so I don't start walking in circles (because nothing to do) and after a while start talking alone?

>why do I still need to have my brain bussy with something so I don't start walking in circles
>I've been taking paliperidone since I'm 15
You fucked up your brain, that's why

I don't think so.
I feel calm and clear.

I was off one month in january because there wasn't medicine at my hospital and my brain started to play very fast, almost as if it was F-1 shit.

Also, I saw the diference of another aunt also with schizophrenia that never got medication until 50 years old.

She's now more calm, understand more, think more logically and talk less at slower speed.

I have several family members with schizophrenia so don't tell me it's bad for me.