Drum or flat?

Drum or flat?

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OvLhPHOO0g&t=1m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

both

Flounder has more flavor, but black drum is more versatile. Does red drum count? If it does, I'd say red drum.

Flat all day baby

Neither, boneless breast meat.

Fuck working for slivers of meat that cost like a dollar a piece. If I'm going to pay premium and get sloppy for very little reward I will eat crab legs.

But if I absolutely have to pick one then Flats because it's usually easier to get all of the meat.

Flat because drums are tougher. flats fall off the bone.

I like the drumette. Welp, that's it, I'm having Popeye's for dinner.

obviously the drum, the only reason people even eat flats is because they are sitting on top of the drums and the drums aren't readily accessible

it's no surprise when I order 100 wings and have people over, the leftovers are 25-30 flats and no drums

>drum
no comparison to snapper desu

>tfw moved from Florida
>tfw no good fish live in lake Erie

you must hate flavor

You can get just as much flavor out of meat with no bones in it. Fuck off with your "flavor from Bones" meme. You aren't cooking chicken wings anywhere near long enough to extract flavor from the bones, and the marrow isn't being touched either. Literally the only advantage you might have over boneless meat is connective tissue and fat that gets rendered as it cooks, but even that it's going to be subjective as hell.

I think if I have one food vice it has to be buffalo wings. I've eaten myself sick on those little fuckers.

I live in buffalo. Best chicken wings. I say drum is the best and most people I know would agree

Flat, if cooked properly you'll easily remove the bones and eat it whole in one bite.

Drum because you can get all the meat off with one hand so the other hand is clean and can hold a beer

weird, usually when I get wings I try to get all flats when available

when they're done crispy that top flat part of skin is just the fucking best

Have a seat Timmy, it's time for dinner

Thats why I like flats. That extra skin is nice and crispy and holds some extra sauce

Lol what are you even trying to imply?

That because I know deep frying bones does nothing for flavor I'm a child?

I guess so. That seems like strong logic for a child though, especially one that still sits in a high chair. Seems like a fitting seat for somebody like you who just regurgitates shit he hears on the food network though.

You think they would even touch chicken wings in this day and age? Maybe on Triple D, but one of their own would never be allowed to shill something this unhealthy.

Instead, they would insist a slightly healthier option, some pure white meat that could easily be battered and fried, mimicking the wing but ultimately lacking any of the flavor.

>boneless breast meat

If your breasts meat doesn't have any flavor it's your own damn fault you fucking retard. If you stick a chicken wing in the fucking deep fryer with absolutely no seasonings or marinades and eat it it's going to be boring as fuck too, you mongoloid.

Repeat after me: you cannot extract flavor from Bones by deep frying the meat. You are literally trying to defy physics. The only thing giving your chicken wings more flavor than breast meat is the fact that they have skin, which you can also get on your breast meat.

It takes literally hours of boiling to extract flavor from bones without breaking them open to get to the marrow. You are not doing anywhere near that when you fry a fucking chicken wing.

In conclusion. You don't know shit about cooking.

This so much, utterly satisfying.

Boy you dumb. I prefer breast meat nuggers too but it's obvious wings taste better

Well if you read my posts you'll notice that I never mention bones, Timmy. In fact, ONLY YOU DO.

The true flavor of the chicken wings come from the skin, and while you can get breast meat with skin, where on earth have you ever seen that used as a boneless buffalo wing? It isn't. Instead you get a skinless chunk of white meat with some soggy breading. No skin whatsoever. Even if they gave you the skin, at best, it'd only be on one side of your chicken nugget. meanwhile, drums are almost completely covered in skin and the flats actually have an excess, making them the superior choice

I like both for different reasons, the flat is more work to eat sometimes but easier to pick clean, the drumstick is easier to eat and less messy if there is sauce but sometimes there is little hard bone/cartilage or whatever pieces towards the tip. also the meat:breading/sauce ratio is different which may be less desirable if the sauce is really good

Never mentioned bones desu.

It's all about white meat (flavorless trash) vs delicious dark meat that's tender and juicy.

Hey man, I got you some boneless buffalo wings, sauce on the side

If you cook breast meat and wings or any dark meat the exact same plain way, the dark meat and wings will have superior taste and texture.

Well that's the only difference between a wing and breast meat you retard. You can get skin on breasts and just because trendy faggots don't do it doesn't mean it's not possible.

God damn it you triggered the shit out of me with your food retardation.

Lol the 90s called, they want their pointless debate back.
Properly prepared both meats can be equally flavorful. Sorry you're so shit at cooking you manage to dry out a chicken breast :^)

>Nuggets
>Not delicious tendies

Are you even trying?

No shit retard different meat has to be cooked differently.

If you cook a duck and a chicken the exact same way one of them is bound to be more flavorful too because the other will probably be burnt.

Is this how fucking stupid Veeky Forums is now? We just regurgitate bullshit food memes we've been hearing since 1985?

Once again, I ask where on earth is someone serving boneless buffalo wings, made of breast meat, with the skin still attached?

This mythical "wing" you speak so highly of simply does not exist, Timmy.

In my kitchen. Just because they don't serve it at fucking Buffalo Wild Wings and you don't see it on your trendy cooking youtube channels, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

See, there's this magical thing called "cooking your own food". You go to the grocery store and you buy all these crazy raw ingredients, then you get to come home and use them to create dishes of your own! It's fucking crazy! Like, you know how when you go to Applebees and they give you a menu and you pick out what you want and then they bring it to you? Imagine all that, but instead of telling someone what you want, you just make it yourself!

I know, fucking insane, right?

drum. flat you have to separate the bones to get the inbetween meat and it becomes even messier

Sorry mate, breast meat is simply the shittest part of the chicken. Perfectly poached boneless breast is delicious, sure, but it still can't match up to the texture and moistness of any other part. And let's be honest, 99% of people who prefer breast meat aren't cooking it properly anyway, they just don't want to deal with bones.

>being this assmad over nuggers

I legitimately hope that if I ever act this autistic my friends put me out of my misery

Jesus fucking Christ. Wings don't taste different because of the bones. They taste different because it is a different part of the animal. How can someone be this stupid?

Lol okay. Today I learned livers and gizzards are better meat than breast meat.

Stay retarded.

It's not about the nuggets it's about people being so god damn retarded they can't even cook chicken right.

THIS GUY IS SAYING THINGS I DISAGREE WITH! BETTER CALL HIM AUTISTIC!

I see you've run out of snarky replies and pictures of kids eating chicken nuggets.

>when they're done crispy that top flat part of skin is just the fucking best

Kek, sure thing bud. You making them while you write this?

I mean, yea you could make them in your kitchen, but that would mean going to the supermarket and buying skin-on chicken breasts for "wings" while a package of chicken wings is sitting right there. What kind of idiot would do that, Timmy?

>he doesn't eat offal

I'd take a stick of chicken hearts over a chicken breast any day of the week.

Someone who understand economics, dipshit. A pound of skin-on chicken breast is like 5 bucks. A pound of wings is like $4 for less than a quarter of the meat.

Only retards would willingly pay the same for less meat because "hurr durr flavor! someone told me so one time and I've never bothered to actually test it for myself!".

Thanks for proving you're a worthless NEET who can't and won't even cook his own food though. What the fuck are you doing on a cooking board?

rock bottom: the post

But you know what, Timmy, I'll humor you. You can make your skin-on boneless "wings" and make them your "superior" way, but first I'll tell you about how I make my special wings.

I buy whole chicken wings, remove the tips, then split into drums and flats. Meanwhile I heat some oil up to 375 F and then I drop my drums and flats in. I like to keep them in until they brown, about 15 minutes, then I remove and cover in a sauce consisting of Frank's and Butter.

Now that's all pretty typical, but I don't really like the bones, so when I eat them wings I remove the meat and the skin with my teeth and form boneless wings in my mouth. It's pretty technical stuff, but it's the best wing I've ever had.

Nobody cares about your cookie-cutter wing recipe that literally every single person uses without variation, nigger. You've already proven you know exactly jack-shit about cooking.

Also, lol
>I don't like bones, so I purposefully buy bone-in meat and pay way more for it because I fell for the meme

Full-on retarded.

>Getting THIS mad

I have no patience for stupidity. The fact that people are THIS retarded about food on a board dedicated to cooking is just hard to ignore.

Your insecurities really show through your post. You should stick to lurking man, you straight up suckered at talking with people...

>A pound of skin-on chicken breast is like 5 bucks. A pound of wings is like $4 for less than a quarter of the meat.

but twice the skin to meat ratio.

I hope someone is screencapping this.

I know right? It only takes one mad aspie to make a thread magical.

>economics

Where do I mention economics in my original post? You've gone so far from the original argument that you feel the need to create a story to justify your preference for an inferior product.

And you know what, Timmy, your "economics" make no sense at all. The reason the wings cost more is clear. They cost more, and have less meat, because they are objectively superior. That $/lb difference is the entire public saying no, we don't want your boneless "wing" meat. We'll take the real thing, please.

Hell, maybe that's why I didn't include boneless "wings" when I opened this thread. No one on earth, and surely no one on the COOKING BOARD would consider a leaner, cheaper cut of meat superior to the more expensive, more sought after piece?

Really, I thought there was only one discussion to be had here, whether people would like to eat the drum or the flat of the wing, but I guess we aren't all patricians of Veeky Forums.

M80 I reverse searched your IP and got your facebook photo

>hurr durr flavor! someone told me so one time and I've never bothered to actually test it for myself!

Yes, no one here has tasted both breast meat and wings.

Drum. I like them more. More fun.

But you're arguing that your chicken nuggers which are cooked the same way as wings taste better.

>fatasses defending their addiction to lard and skin
Chicken breast has plenty of flavor and it's Veeky Forums as fuck you retarded sharts, there is literally no reason to eat fatty non-lean chicken in 2016.

Drumstick because I hate having to stop to pick out the bones for wings.

>51 replies
jesus christ this board

Proof that Veeky Forumsfags have no tastebuds.

what a thread

I like flats. Breasts suck.

Soda drinker detected

What is it?

Soda drinker >>>>>>>>>> cum guzzler

this

real good work everyone

>needing your food to be lean and fat free to stay healthy

Just eat less.

Soda doesn't have protein in it you mouth breathing tard

flat. if you know how to use your tongue, which i hope you do you pussy lickers, than its easier. with a drum, you are taking a messy wide bite. with flat, you bite one side, and then suck out the other side.

and a reminder, you are a little bitch if you leave any little bit of meat on a wing

both
neither is complete without the other

This, if there's anything but bone and marrow left you need to stick with nuggets permanently

Flat, but I hate that they are messier.

>he doesn't suck out the marrow
white people b cray

Ok so we had thigh fight over meatless wings/drum skin and bones vs literally worthless dry flavorless breast meat. This here is the best part of the chicken, it has the perfect mix of lushous, joooocy meat and crispy flavorful skin, prove me wrong faggots

Wings > Legs > Thighs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breast

breast = tendies = best

I think I can agree to that.

Can't disagree there, if I'm not roasting a whole bird I'll almost always go for a pack of thighs. Perfect meat, you get chicken fat and crispy skin cracklings if you're not leaving it on, and a bunch of bones for stock if you're deboning them.

Drum is better and more fun to eat.

Flats are easier.

Get a mix of both.

Flat can be eaten with one hand in one bite. So flat

>take out the loose bone
>use teeth to strip the other bone

flats are the best ones.

drum

easier to hold and gets less sauce on my hand

I prefer drum
I'm a lazy eater

Flats because the drum is 90% cartilage

Flats because you just tear off one end, bite down on the meat, and pull it all off in one

you forgot the most important part of all

the juicy little kidneys in the cavity next to the spine

drum because I can dip it in ranch without getting too messy.

>Fuck off with your "flavor from Bones" meme. You aren't cooking chicken wings anywhere near long enough to extract flavor from the bones
I suck on the wing bones for hours after I eat wings. They are the best bones in the chicken.

I prefer thighs or whole chickens though.

> mentioning price per pound
; not understanding what the word economics means

Kill yourself aspie.

T-tendies..

I prefer flats because all that golden brown crispy skin and the extra area for sauce to be on and how easy it is to get all the meat off of them. Drums seem to have too much cartilage or whatever to be to my liking and they gross me out. I can't confidently take a bite off the end without worrying about what is in it and chomping down on something nasty. I do like legs though especially deep fried and breaded an coated in the same sauce mixture. It beats out all the other options to me and me personally.

Huh, basically never see that part attached to separate thighs, maybe it's butchered slightly differently over here.

Flat has a better mouth feel, also I like to break the 2 bones apart and get that bit of meat in betwix them

Flats. They're the easiest to eat and you usually can get every bit of meat, skin, and cartilege off them if you know how to eat them right. Most people have no idea how to eat chicken wings, though.

For those of you who think flats are hard to eat, I'm going to change your fucking life:
youtube.com/watch?v=9OvLhPHOO0g&t=1m

fpbp