MED thread first try to diagnose and then we talk about treatments

MED thread first try to diagnose and then we talk about treatments

Yes shitty image, deal with it faggot

Pneumonia

Before someone says its TB, the bacteria usually occurs in the apex of the lungs due to the higher v/q ratio of oxygen.

OP here
Good try but no, look carefully at the image

BTW, in pneumonia the parts of the lungs close to the diafragma are blurred and there isn't a clear line that divides the lungs from the diafragma (costodiafragmatic and costomediastinic regions)

Sory for vocabulary regarding med, Spanish is my first language

well if it's not consumption or pneumonia then it must be the cancer. R.I.P whoever that person was.

What about acute pulmonary schistomiaisis ?

Why the fuck consumption is even an option

Justify something at least

Nope

Protip, the problem is not in/on the lungs

chondritis?

mediastinum

whoops
mediastinum lymphoma*

Look at the image guys... Find something that doesn't fit, like somewhere near the heart... Enough tips, use ur eyes

theres no heart

Is it the bullet fragment?

a tumour? this white dot is suspicious

Nice!! You even got what it was

More info now: it is a bullet fragment and it went through the pericardium but not the heart.
Possible consequences...??

Pericarditis and pericardial effusion

You are right on pericardial effusion, but that is not it, what symptoms would the Pacient have and what consequences a pericardial effusion would have

Try to use ur brain and not Wikipedia and as im not a faggot I'll provide another image supporting what I said

Based on the cardiac shadow looks like LVH.

Nope, I was wrong about the same thing the first time I saw it.

First of all, muscles won't show as much on an x ray, what u see of the heart is actually blood, and an lvh would increase the left ventricle muscle but wont justify why the cardiac shadow increases

Hypotension and eventually cardiogenic shock. Stick a needle in his pericardium.

Medicine is just applied biology which is applied chemistry which is applied physics which is applied mathematics, hence it's is not a science. Now take you necrophile cartoon back to liveleak.

>physics is just applied mathematics
lol

Endocarditis, put him on steroids and lets monitor him for a week

Glioblastoma
No point living no more
Just end your own suffering

Just right in sticking a needle in pericardium

Nope

Pneumothorax?
Tamponade?

is it pulmonary embolism

OP HERE, yeah its cardiac taponade. Causes?

Getting shot in the fucking chest?

Two exams left guys.
I had enough I want to quit.
I wasted 5 years on this shit,I lost my vision,I had countless of sleepless nights,for 4 years i didnt sleep for more that 6h per day,no social life what so ever,i gained 10Kg,Ive seen nepotism,corruption and retarded professors right in front of my eyes.
Ive fucking had it

>two days ago
>practical exam in 8:30AM
>only 7 people the rest 20 have moved their date for exam because they can
>first 4 go in
>the professor does all the talking i can hear her through the door
>students barely say a word
>all pass,they continue to have a great day
>my groups turn
>brings it down on us like a bitch
>one guy passed
>me and other student got caught up in some bullshit question that made no sense in the first place.
>tells me to go again tomorrow and clear few things up

No shit sherlock, its a fucking med thread, there are actual causes to justify why a bullet penetrating the pericardium could cause a cardiac taponade

Good luck mate.

So, I guess all of you regret this choice, eh ?

I'm not a med, but let me ask you something guys :

>What can you tell me about mithocondria. It's there a big difference between our and animal mithocondria ?

>Why did you chose to join in a medical carrier ? Don't you hate to memorize an entire book(s) ? Do you learn that anatomy book from A-Z with every word ?

>How many years does it take to graduate the med school. In my country it takes 6 years, after you can start to do residency.

>For americans, how hard was the MCAT.

>It's your uni good, at least ?

My guess is that your country uses the European system like most countries in the world, which means it takes 6 years+1 year of internship before you can start a residency (specialization). Though some countries have shortened it to 5 years+1 year internship.

It is not that different from the American system which includes have a B.Sc. with premed as a minor (generally I believe it covers the first year and a half of med school in the European system), and then has a 4 year med-school+1 year of internship.

>a very embarrassed man walks into the ED where im working at 2am

What did he insert into himself? It looks like an otoscope

Bronchitis or pneumonia

Read the thread man, its almost resolved

>medicuck
looks like you've got a case of being a homo

it was a dildo.

Is that some steampunk dildo?

It's a vibrator.
Metal plate and spring, batteries, motor, weighth.

End stage lung cancer? Or just a heart attack, leukemia, or pericarditis from some kind of bacterial infection.

Looks like a fucked up case of PVR.

[PVR]
Pulmonary vascular resistance of the chest.
And here is a pic to prove it in concept:

So did I deliver or what?
Me from:

Going to deliver cuz its over two days already

As I said before it was a bullet fragment located on the pericardial cavity as u can see on the x ray, the shot caused blood to get inside of the cavity resulting in a cardiac taponade and as the pressure increases the heart can't contract properly.
The second xray I delivered was 30 min after the first one, as the blood continued to enter the pericardial cavity, the cardiac silouette increased im the xray appearing to be a macromegalia or hypertrophy of the left ventricle.

Blood was drain with a needle on the 4th/3thintercostal space

Done faggots have an exam on Monday probably going to make another thread after that

BTW yeah its me OPand if u have any questions, im glad to answer

asthma
/thread

fags just give him an inhaler and send that fat nerd on his way

Just a small update on this I went this morning and the professor tangled again with question and failed me so that makes me the only one that failed from ~80 people which means i wont be able to qualify for the final exam despite having arranged with a date for it.She even took the time embarrass me in-front of everyone and i quote -you don't know the basics get out I cant stand to look at you-.The professor is chief of department which means i will encounter her a lot in the future.
I will have to retake the failed one in august/september and then set a new date for the final exam.
My father told me over the phone literally to get gud and dont bother him with bullshit.
I don't have words to describe what i feel.

bad luck friend. Keep at it - sounds like your exams are really hard

What is this?

who knows about brachytherapy?

death

Looks like it's just a blood blister or something. I wouldn't jump to something like melanoma. have you been in the sun a lot recently? Does it itch? It looks like a perfect shape to me, and melanoma will usually have a "broken" or "hairy" circular shape around the skin.

I said in the full fucking thread you had. Hemangioma of the skin.

Alright medfags lets play a game. 20 year old Patient comes in with severe chest pain. 10/10 pain and sudden onset. Physical exam shows hyperreflexia and some serious mydriasis. Ekg is done and reveals st segment elevation in leads II, III, and aVF. Paramedics on the way in gave the patient morphine, oxygen, nitroglycerin, aspirin and metoprolol. Now I ask you. What labs should you order next? What went wrong with this guy? How did the paramedics screw up? And finally, what's ur treatment plan?

Gonna get the obvious out of the way so others can try, st elevation in some leads => heart attack. Check CK and BNP.

> wut labs
No idea
> paramedics
Nitroglycerin for chest pain without tachycardia ?
> treatment plan
Call paramedics. Take vitals.

t. ski patrol

No need for bnp. No heart failure here, just heart attack. Very unusual for a 20 yr old. CK is good. Troponin is better tho. This rules in heart attack. Considering he's twenty, what caused the heart attack? The mydriasis is a clue.

Good job on vitals. Blood pressure will be suuuuper high. It not nitro that's the prob tho. It's the metoprolol. Do u know why?

Trauma to the back of the head/neck?

Probably drugs tho.

High BP and heart attack at twenty could be cocaine. Hyperreflexia gives it away, I'm guessing it might cause mydriasis?

Tell me why the metoprolol is a mistake, curious af.

get a utox and trops

load him up with some delicious ativan cause cocaines a hell of a drug

No plan. My job here is already done.

What was wrong with my wrist?
Bonus points go to the user who can say why I had to get surgery on my pelvis for this aswell

Would you mind encircling the bullet fragment with a red line in e.g. paint, and reuploading the picture for us non-medical people?

can 2 joints a day give me cancer?

I hardly drink or smoke cigs (once a month)

I also use active carbon filters but I'm starting to think its meme to make money off stoners...

Not even in med school yet, but...is it a problem with the lymph nodes? Looks like it could be sarcoidosis.

Again, shot in the dark here.

Yes, even one joint a year can give you cancer. If you're worried about cancer, why not just vaporize or make edibles?

>Using active carbon filters in joints
Hahaha, oh wow. I guess your weed more than doubled in price after you started doing that.

broken scaphoid

dunno, you were probably hit by a car or some shit

well seen
but my pelvis was in great condition prior to the surgery, it had to do with my treatment ...

2 joints? I have 360 joints in my body and not a spec of cancer as far as I know, not to talk about the number of bones

bathtub accident?

distal radius and ulna fracture? you slipped and fell, attempted to catch yourself with your hand but struck your hip anyway

ER scribe here, I'll try my best

>What labs should you order next?
Troponin and drug screen
>What went wrong with this guy?
Well assuming he has no significant PMHx or FHx and since he's so young, he's on motherfucking crack
>How did the paramedics screw up?
Don't know but I think metoprolol. Never seen EMS give that for chest pains, just the usual MONA
>And finally, what's ur treatment plan?
titrate to silence, maybe admit to cath lab since stemi?

It's the brightest spot in the picture

cystic fibrosis?

hello randall

x-ray = hard things you can see, softy squishy things you can barely see.

you were the driver in a car crash

Dude that was clearly a bullet fragment. Need medfags awnsering only not you or those like you. Go find a trap thread you pedo

Tuberculosis

Possible aortic dissection. Patient is possibly intoxicated with cocaine or amphetamine, thus metoprolol is a big mistake. Do a drug screen and a CT with contrast of his aorta. Keep BP down with calcium channel blockers.

Putting solid radioactive materials in the bloody cavities or tissues, yes?

B-blockers can exacerbate coronary vasoconstriction, I would give more nitroglycerin as needed along with benzos. Phentolamine is good too.

Looks like his lungs are all fucked up