Why the FUCK didn't you warn me that years of reading would've left me completely unable to relate to anyone in any...

Why the FUCK didn't you warn me that years of reading would've left me completely unable to relate to anyone in any environment. They talk about nothing other than drinking the previous night or drinking in the upcoming nights and the women also talk about game of thrones.

You sound like a pretentious asshole, and that's your own fault.

There were warnings, you didn't listen

You can easily find other people to talk to

>reading [...] left me completely unable to relate to anyone in any environment
i don't think this is literature's fault.

Reading has been shown to increase empathy and give insight into the minds of others. You're lucky you read, else you'd be even worse off.

You're just a pathetic prick, this has nothing to do with reading. I bet you're not even that well-read. Speaking of an excuse…

What's funny is you think liking books makes you better than people who like drinking, but so many great authors spent sizeable portions of their lives completely soused

How does reading make you unable to drink or enjoy silly things ?
Sounds like the shit pseud manchildren tell to themselves to justify their social ineptitude

kys

Reading has made me more social, wtf

>They talk about nothing other than drinking the previous night or drinking in the upcoming nights
That doesn't sound like 'any environment'. That sounds like a very specific environment .

Why do you bother people with your own selfish interests?

I don't talk about my job to my family the same way I don't like people to throw up what file papers they did.

not exactly, free will is an illusion

because I have ressentiment but I am also willfully hypocritical

>Reading has been shown to increase empathy and give insight into the minds of others.
And let me guess, the people being questioned were mainly women and as such what the majority were reading was YA and generic genre-fiction books.

>t. Holden Caulfield
Sounds like you should join MENSA and surround yourself exclusively with other intellectuals high above the trivialities of plebians

I feel like you worded this horribly hahaha
Are you trying to say that there is a lot of shit going on in the world, yet no one seems to care or willing to talk about it? If yes, then I'm with you, but reading is no better than TV, movies, comics, music etc. Just depends on what you are viewing or reading, because all have substance and lack of substance in their respective genres or fields.

It's hard to think about the rest of the world because it's a dark place desu, drinking and TV help people get through the day if they don't like their work or lives, which most people don't desu

But drinking can be fun. I stay away from liquor, but I love beer. I usually drink alone though. My dad doesn't like beer.

I agree.

If you live in the deep south where education is shunned, and almost nobody reads anything of substance at all...then I understand your pain. Most people that I know barely know how to read where I'm from, and they always complain about there not being anything on TV (so read a book there are so many!) Nobody warned me that a conversation about the futility of ethical consumption would be seen as "sinful" I understand and can enjoy simple things like getting drunk and watching reality TV but when you realize that's as deep as most people go it gets exhausting.

Game of thrones is awesome

Refusal to take responsibility for actions.

No, you're just autistic.

Reading has made me more of an idiot, I'm not even joking. And by idiot I mean I try to sound like I know what I'm talking about but fail miserably, it's essentially autism