What do you think it feels like to be the best in the world in your field?

What do you think it feels like to be the best in the world in your field?

Must feel depressing. Because high intelligence comes with higher levels of nihilism and apathy. You inevitably realize how meaningless and futile everything is.

>Must feel depressing. Because high intelligence comes with higher levels of nihilism and apathy. You inevitably realize how meaningless and futile everything is.
t. angsty teen dropout

cite your shit or fuck off

Just because some study says intelligent people are more likely to be depressed that doesn't mean every intelligent person is depressed.
I bet you choose to believe this because you're depressed and you want this to mean you're smart

Hatred for mankind due to its intent to remain ignorant and negligent.

Kind of scary to know that there's nobody you can turn to if you want to ask a difficult question.

It is like you are God. Like You can get any girl on the street and fuck her right now! Coz you are God and yo can do anything. That is like it feels. Oh yeah.

>expecting top-of-the-world scientists post on Veeky Forums

Most great scientists i've seen are enthusiastic about their job and very hard-working. They have interesting hobbies and/or are into scientific journalism.
The competition is nowhere easy and only strong-willed stay on top.

>expecting top-of-the-world scientists post on Veeky Forums
No part of his post implied that. Learn to read, mong

I imagine it feels both somewhat empowering and somewhat lonely. You get the satisfaction of knowing you're so much better than so many people at something, but typically people who like things like to talk about those things. And past a certain point, you just wouldn't really be able to talk to people about the things you love because they wouldn't understand it at all.

Very busy.

Like you live on a planet of Homer Simpsons.

Outside of science, i hold two world records, so i guess it feels great at first, but then you suddenly realise, that its not that big deal, and thats how little mankind has to offer themselves.

>i hold two world records
At what?

define your field vaguely enough and you are already the best

I bet you think that you are too smart to be depressed :^)

This is very true. I am dumb as a rock but immensely depressed.

It probably feels like being in a class with other students and you breeze through the information because it's insanely easy for you, but retards are still struggling and have the nerve to ask questions.

Not that I feel like a genius at all, but I'm taking linear algebra in the summer and people are asking retarded questions about REF, Systems of Linear Equations, etc. (Elementary shit). And it really slows the class down.

I'm a math major, but I still feel dumb half of the time when doing proof based math (probably average desu). I'm just assuming it probably feels similar to this for people at the top of their field.

i feel like i'm wasting time potentially spent opening this universe to a division by zero

they can't say it violates the point of going to an anonymous message board and posting as anonymous

where's your logic at?

Listen to what Richard Feynman said about Nobel Prize and honours.