Math and science stuff you can buy

Sometimes you just want something physical to represent your love for something. Pic related is some math jewelry you can buy (a Hilbert Cube). Anything similar, I'm looking for a necklace or something but any form of math and science is ok.

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/product/74HJ237ZG/hilbert-cube-pendant?optionId=8087941
shapeways.com/product/QEVTKFH8Z/icosahedron-platonic?optionId=55897467&li=marketplace
youtube.com/watch?v=izJglgrqA-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU
supermagnete.de/eng/faq/What-is-the-safe-distance-that-I-need-to-keep-to-my-devices
youtube.com/watch?v=nom7NiTLrFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

textbooks do the trick for me

Here is an Icosahedron.
Links for Hilbert Cube: shapeways.com/product/74HJ237ZG/hilbert-cube-pendant?optionId=8087941
Link for Icosahedron: shapeways.com/product/QEVTKFH8Z/icosahedron-platonic?optionId=55897467&li=marketplace

These Banach-Tarski balls are quite popular presents in my country. People buy them by the dozens around Christmas. No surprise that Hungary has so many great mathematicians.

Very true, I'm building my own little collection but they aren't very convenient to carry all the time

I hope that this thread gets some serious replies unlike and They can make great gifts to fellow mathematicians, especially if they're your gf/bf.

buy a bunch of spherical neodymium magnets. comfy to wear as necklace.

but use this diameter
youtube.com/watch?v=izJglgrqA-Y

just dont open a portal to hell

>homosexual wedding ring

Those are problematic to say the least.

I like these klein botte earrings. Probably going to gift them to one of my friends at some point.

Here's the link:
kleinbottle com/tiny_klein

If you think the website is shady here's the guy who makes them:
youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU

thanks!!

no u

kek

Japanese and Hungarians confirmed for best posters.

ehm..y?

I guess it's because of potential issues with pacemakers and technology?
There have been people who unknowingly messed up their laptops or tablets by wearing bracelet versions.

mk. honored.

supermagnete.de/eng/faq/What-is-the-safe-distance-that-I-need-to-keep-to-my-devices

>ring of strong magnetic fields wrapping around your head
>suppression of metaconcious brain waves
>increased susceptibility to suggestion and higher docility

lol no thanks wage slave try again

top kek Janos

bigger problem is kids eating them. if you get 2 on different parts of your digestive track attracted to each other, it will fuck up your gut.

only 300$ :^)

I bet it pays for itself in no time with all the free energy you can generate.

>No surprise that Hungary has so many great mathematicians.
I think you wanted to say "had". All your jews left so you have no great mathematicians anymore.

I went to Hungary (I'm an US PhD from an Ivy league uni).
Basically their average student just REKTS everyone in the US. I feel ashamed after that. They truly have a fucking good elite education, probably better than in the US. Problem is they don't have money

subversive hungarian detected

>Basically their average student just REKTS everyone in the US.
US has a demographics problem. A portion of US students is fine and are some of the best in the world. Problem comes when you look at averages. Same fate will befall on Hungary as well the way things are going for EU.

Jews do not count as Hungarians, only Magyar types are true Hungarians.

Hungary barely has 10 million people. Better to compare them to NYC's smartest people.

What is the point?
Just use your money on drugs or textbooks

I would compulsively turn it so it would wear out in no time, not to mention the frustration caused by me feeling it rotate against my skin.

They have a tendency to break apart if you rotate one of the balls in the wrong way, and that would be pretty unfortunate if it happened on the subway or something.

>kids eating them
I don't have kids.

>textbooks
>not just downloading the pdf
also

No, why would you download a PDF?
It's not the same.

Also, go fuck yourself, this garbage is vapid "LOOK AT ME IM SO SCIENCEY TEEHEE" garbage.

Spend your money on something useful instead of novelty trash.

PDFs are free and you can carry all of the books that you wish on your tablet rather than lugging around multiple textbooks at once - but you already knew this, so why ask?
And what the fuck are you talking about? No one buys these items to wave them around at social gatherings trying to prove that they're more sciencey than each other or whatever. Do you buy gifts for someone and boast about the gift that you bought to others? No. You don't. You buy gifts for the other person and no one else - it's like you don't even know how to be a person.

First, if it's not shitty metal it wont wear significantly from compulsive use. Second, if it frustrated you to compulsively turn it, you probably would stop compulsively turning it. Third, if it was made by someone who is not an idiot, the inside/back is separated from the free-rotating outside so that it does not rotate against your skin.

I know it'd be separate, but I mean the outside part against my other fingers when I use my hand for anything.

>PDFs are free
Price is not an issue, I'm not spending money on trash, after all.

>can carry all of the books that you wish on your tablet rather than lugging around multiple textbooks at once
Where are you gonna carry your textbooks?
They're for studying, you're not moving them further than from your shelf to your desk and back.

>it's like you don't even know how to be a person
You have no idea how right you are.

>No one buys these items to wave them around at social gatherings trying to prove that they're more sciencey than each other or whatever
you're very wrong
typical vapid popsci memorabilia

>Price is not an issue, I'm not spending money on trash, after all.
You'll never be able to acquire every single textbook that you want regardless of what you spend it on unless you're rich.
>Where are you gonna carry your textbooks?
Um, how about university?
>inb4 you can just go home and check it
The convenience of checking whatever book you want at any time is invaluable, especially in lectures.
>You have no idea how right you are.
Then that's that - you can't really talk about what people use things for if you can't understand the sentiment behind something as simple as gifting.

You're with the wrong crowd then.

>You'll never be able to acquire every single textbook that you want regardless of what you spend it on unless you're rich.
You do understand that I can still just go download a PDFanyway, right?
A printed, bound book is just infinitely superior to a fucking digital file.
You can't even annotate it decently.

>Um, how about university?
No, why would I do that?
I can go home and check it, you're absolutely right.

>The convenience of checking whatever book you want at any time is invaluable
Utilizing textbooks limits you.
Forces you to think by yourself when they're not available.
Convenience is a terrible thing.

>especially in lectures
In lectures you are supposed to be listening to the lecturer and taking notes.

>Then that's that - you can't really talk about what people use things for if you can't understand the sentiment behind something as simple as gifting.
Nobody here is talking about "gifting here".
Read :
>Sometimes you just want something physical to represent your love for something
>your love for something
That implies that you get this object for your own sake, for vanity's sake.
My statement is perfectly valid, whether I am barely functional or not.

Right, so you do actually know how to answer your own question of:
>No, why would you download a PDF?
>It's not the same.
Why did you ask it then?
There are obvious difference between a PDF and a physical textbook. Both have their own pros and cons which you have evidently already understood. So this part of the conversation is absolutely pointless and was a waste of time.
>Forces you to think by yourself when they're not available.
Why do you need to force yourself to think by yourself? It's not something difficult to do. It's not like having a textbook there means that you cannot think by yourself.
>In lectures you are supposed to be listening to the lecturer and taking notes.
Yes, you can do that as well as referring to whatever material you want at the same time to complement your learning.

No, but I was - I linked a post about gifting and is what I was talking about.
If that's not what you were talking about, this discussion has been on two different topics and is moot, so we're done here.

>Why do you need to force yourself to think by yourself?
Because you think differently if you're forced to.

>It's not like having a textbook there means that you cannot think by yourself.
It certainly require a certain measure of discipline to stop yourself from opening the textbook and looking up what you need.

>Because you think differently if you're forced to.
You also think differently if you're free to think by yourself. There's no need to hold your own hand and put a textbook out of sight or whatever.
What? Do you also need to turn off your computer to prevent distractions? You're not a child.
>It certainly require a certain measure of discipline to stop yourself from opening the textbook and looking up what you need.
Yes, which you already have if you're not a child.

Different user, All of this is rhetoric. Looking up what I need 2-3 times is enough to commit it to memory and not need to look it up again unless I go without using it for a couple months. Your assumptions are meaningless without an actual study to back them.

nautilus shell
i have a patch of it on my bag
phi is lit

bump

Enjoy catching your gfs hair in it

These are a ton of fun. I have 432 5mm ones.
-Dont get 3mm
-Try not to go too cheap, or at least dont get colored, the variance in diameters makes them tough to use in dense patterns. Stick with nickel look, it looks the best anyway
-Aside from a stupid fucking necklace with a set of 216 which is super cheap on many chinese sites you can make tons of neat geometric and physically interesting designs
-absolutely and wholly satisfying to make neat things even though it takes no skill
-you can get a billion
-if you live in the US, be aware that your package might be stopped. People are not allowed to sell them in this country. Bringing them into the country is fine, but as you might know, if they're paranoid enough to check your mail they'll be paranoid enough to toss it. Of course, mine got through fine, and it's rare to have issues
-the reason they arent sold is because kids or pets would swallow 2 or more of them and then in the digestive tract the two would get close to each other and try to stick, rupturing the digestive tract. This happened few times, but be very very selective about how you use them and who you use them with.
-never put them in your fucking mouth you retard. I cant believe i saw people do that once.

That guy is the world's most precious creation
He is proof that there is a god which has handcrafted all of our traits.
I suppose it could also be evidence for evolution, as he is the mutation which will be the alpha male in our generation.

>buying shit that will just clutter up your moms basement
Wew lad

Blooms anyone?
youtube.com/watch?v=nom7NiTLrFg

Hi! Where can I purchase?
I'm not gay, but I like this.

so Muska was dead by this black magic stone at Tenkuuno shiro Raputa.