I have to drop either differential geometry or special relativity, which one do i drop?

I have to drop either differential geometry or special relativity, which one do i drop?

Either way you're a faggot and unfit for Veeky Forums

Come on, m8. With diff geo you can easily do GENERAL relativity. If you're sufficiently advanced to do diff geo, then SR should be trivial to you.

How about you man up and ace both

Special relativity is for cucks. Go the Differential geometry route. Ball hard.

Drop SR which you can learn in 2 weeks in your free time

Physics courses always start with SR for a reason

why is SR for cucks?

btw im a math major thinking about a minor in physics

>why is SR for cucks?
Because he doesn't actually have a reason for telling you to drop it.

learning relativity after dgeo will be easy

learning dgeo after relativity will be difficult

thank you this is very helpful

Why drop? Don't be lazy and do both.

well then i would be taking 4 math courses and 1 physics course, which i do not think im capable of. Furthermore, I dont my the math advising department would let me

>tfw you're doing 4 physics, 2 math and having to learn tensors on your own at the same time

user if i'm a stupid cunt and i can do it I think you can too

Is this for fall or summer? For summer, thats pretty challenging, I once did 5 classes during the summer (there was only 2 weeks where all 5 overlapped, the rest 3 overlapped and the other 2 overlapped). I did well, but 3 of the 5 classes were really trivial.

For fall/spring, 5 classes isn't too challenging, unless these are graduate classes (I don't think SR would be a graduate class, even an entire semester for an undergraduate course devoted to SR seems overkill...)

okay here it is all out on the table:
Fall 2016
statistics&probability
differential geometry
differential equations
relativity
abstract linear algebra

problem is that I have to drop a course otherwise math department wont let me take the linear algebra

Are you sure its just SR? I had an undergraduate course called "relativity", but included both SR and basically an intro to GR.

When you say they won't let you take linear algebra, do you mean they won't let you take intro linear algebra or the abstract linear algebra course you've listed?

One of these courses is not like the others.

it is in fact both

I would drop differential geometry desu.

If the relativity course is an undergraduate one, they won't expect you to now differential geometry. Differential geometry is a whole other beast compared to the other stuff you've listed. I would really suggest taking the abstract linear algebra course before differential geometry.

i am an undergraduate and all of these are undergraduate courses.
i am getting pretty anxious and nervous about this desicion desu

Drop differential geometry, its far more advanced than the others. You'll be fine in relativity, if its physicists teaching it, they will teach you the minimal differential geometry you need to learn. In fact, we didn't really learn differential geometry, it was mostly tensor manipulation.

i don' mean to sound snarky or rude but what are your qualifications? your advice seems to be different from everyone on this thread.
I do realize the futility of asking this on an anonymous mongolian throat singing forum

I think you should drop differential geometry. You're probably really anxious about learning it I suppose, since it's so cool, but I don't think you'll use it on special relativity. Im assuming you'll take General Relativity afterwards, but I think in undergrad General Relativity you'll be doing more tensor manipulation than differential geometry, since you really need to drop one that's the one I'd choose.

I agree completely with that guy.

I have undergraduate degrees in math and physics. I've taken all of the courses OP mentioned.

Undergraduate GR does not need DG, if it did, it would be a prerequisite. DG is a harder course than GR (at the undergraduate level). Undergraduate GR classes don't involve full-fledged DG, usually just some tensor manipulation.

Also. I'm and , I'm a undergrad physics student, taking a relativity course and I asked the professor if I should take differential geometry soon and he said nope. But Im not sure how it works in there, here the pre-requisites for taking the differential geometry classes are the analysis courses so it's hard for a physics student to take it before graduating

alright fair enough
my advisor also recommended that i drop diff geo
i can always do diff geo next semester r-right g-g-guys...

Yeah I know the feel.
Why wouldn't the math department let you do it anyway? Here they let you do everything you want, even if you're taking so many courses that it looks like a suicide attempt

>even if you're taking so many courses that it looks like a suicide attempt
lol

no but i wanted to take the honors section of linear algebra and given my grade in my proofs course I needed them to approve my schedule before they could approve the honors section. This is probably for the best, i can always self study diff geo if i want to learn it so badly

These two are correct.

I see. Well good luck with your semester OP, and enjoy relativity since it's pretty cool

Alright the deed is done.
Thank you all for the advice!
Hope y'all have a great summer

>15 credits is too hard

Fucking millennials will be the end of humanity

STR. Always drop the physics.

Sauce on pic?

sorry bro i got it from /co/