How strong is the relationship between race and intelligence?

How strong is the relationship between race and intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/
insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Very strong and consistent with every IQ test.

its very strong if you're white, jewish or asian. it's bullshit if you're not.

How is that not a fair question?

because you dumb crackers start this thread every day

I can already tell by your baseless prejudice that you're a brainlet.

Nothing dumb about asking valuable questions, laddo.

it is an interesting subject that is taboo because people are too interested in protecting their own egos than finding out the truth. As an Asian, I am very interested in understanding how Asians and Asian-Americans & Ashkenazi Jews have the higher IQs than their white and african counterparts even though both groups are minorities in the US and come from historically repressed ethnic and religious groups.

Medium strength, but it become stronger with scale.

One sub-saharan african with proper prenatal care and an upbringing in say, some western celebrity's home, could probably have a 100-ish IQ.

1 billion sub saharan africans working off of eachother will probably have a 70-ish IQ. When IQ is behind, the population itself never really catches up.

>How strong is the relationship between race and intelligence?
Intelligence? Unknown. We haven't defined intelligence nor found a way to measure it.

IQ? Pretty strong relationship.

IQ difference caused by genetics? Unknown at this point in time, and likely for a long time to come. We're just scratching the surface of the links between genetics and intelligence, but that's not saying much because we have a long way to go in our understanding of genetics by itself.

IQ difference caused by environment? Lots of evidence pointing to that. Environment certainly is a main factor in deciding IQ scores, potentially much more decisive than genetics based on the case of the person.

This is all there is to the topic. Any more "information" is redundant and not scientifically backed. If you think otherwise, you should probably follow this guy's advice.

Define "Race"
Define "Intelligence"
Define "Relationship"

it's "there", but it doesn't mean what /pol/ thinks it means, namely that there is some kind of meaningful genetic difference in intelligence between people of different 'races'

first we've got to account for all the people in shit countries/living under shit conditions being at the lower end of their genetic reaction range for IQ because of the godawful environment (IQ scores vary ~15-20 points because of the environment, imagine that genetics set the bars between for example 100-120 IQ, your environment will decide on where you land)

also, looking at the difference between the first and the third world there's the Flynn effect: IQ scores have been getting higher for the last 50-60 years in developed countries and it might just be stopping, if it already hasn't

it's not unlikely that all the shitty third world countries with lower IQ's will catch up as they develop

tl;dr the difference in IQ you see isn't because of genetics, it's because brown people are poorer

Africans literally have a lower IQ than a gorilla.

Maybe being repressed filtered out the low IQ ones and only the smart fuckers made it out alive ?

> i don't understand what IQ is

>Asians
>repressed
choose one
Whites have never wanted to kill off the entire asian race. Jews just change their surnames when things get hot

Race and intelligence do correlate, but IQ means literally nothing.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/
>Does IQ Really Predict Job Performance?
>Supporters of IQ testing have been quick to point to correlations between IQ and job performance as evidence of test validity. A closer look at the data and results, however, suggests a rather murkier picture.

>post mentions 50 claims
>doesn't cite a single study to support his arguments
B R A I N L E T

> only whites repressed people
Thats a very ignorant and racist approach. Asian cultures have been clashing for centuries between them. Even now the Japanese don't consider Chinese to be the indigenous. They think they are Cantonese and invaded China so they're not really the chinese people. There is not much repression going on as it used to in their history but still there's a cultural barrier that keeps them hostile due to their past.

This thread is literally /pol/ tier even without the intent to be one.

>needing to source common knowledge like the genetic reaction range or the Flynn effect or the way they work

did you even go to high school famalam

They don't teach race or intelligence in political science...

Do you have empirical evidence to back that claim?

I thought you were referring to America. In America, black people have had several instances of the military killing them. The Tulsa riots and the violence during Hurricane Katrina being good example

>Flynn effec
Why do africans assimilate slower into higher IQ people than asians?

>That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

If we were to accept the SAT as a defacto IQ test it accounts for more variation than SES or parent education.
insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california

i know this is shitposting, but i'm gonna bite anyway

>Cattell Infant Intelligence Scale
>Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test
>Ravens Progressive Matrices
>Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence.

mate they had the ancient gorilla tested on being able to sign what pictures they showed it after teaching it sign language for half a lifetime and then they made some half arsed assumptions about it demonstrating abstract thinking, all without succumbing to the sensationalism usually surrounding Koko doing things amirite

furthermore, with Kid's IQ-tests

you are aware of how IQ works, right?

Culture bias over scores for everyone blacks do better on the verbal portions and that is resolved for.

>Why do africans assimilate slower into higher IQ people than asians?
>assimilate slower into higher IQ people

i genuinely don't even know what you mean by this. under what circumstances? do you have a source for this?

only took growing up someplace different for the adopted kids in the Minnesota transracial adoption study

also
>>That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

google the keywords, i'm not gonna source a Veeky Forums post about the fundamental workings of what we're discussing just because you decided to argue about something that you didn't understand

Nice to see that you couldn't find the actual meaning of my post.

As strong as an average black man

Yes, of course. I nearly aced the IQ test when I was in elementary school (99/100). They said they wanted me to join the military for special services but I declined because I don't like to murder innocent lives. Did you read what Chompsky had to say about Kokoro, because you said just like her? Whether or not that's true or not or whether it is true doesn't matter because they'd literally be considered mildly retarded and borderline retarded.

>image.jpg

Top shitpost

Where are these studies of black verbal IQ?

We don't talk about that one lad.

Nothing like adding a liberal spin to science.

Source on all these claims? Sounds like bullshit.

Race is part of your genetics and therefore plays some role in IQ. That being said, melanin content doesn't really play a hand in neuroplasticity, so you're going to have to define your question better. If intelligence is "le smart but le lazy?" 100%. If intelligence is accounting for environment, nutrition, individual talent, individual interests, amount of access to resources, culture, and isn't solely stemming from a puzzle solving test? Then the answer is clearly fucking not much,

how about gender and intelligence? do you guys see a pattern among your peers?

99/100 on the IQ test? What?
Scores don't work like that.

This is not true at all.

Ayy what is race or intelligence, my man?

differences in gender ability on different tasks are marginal and variance is far bigger within than between groups

^

It is saddening that such garbage is being published.

Your upbringing has a far greater influence on your intelligence than your race.

T. Someone who has never seen adoption or twin studies

The study if intelligence is the only aspect of psychology is the only subdiscipline which ISN'T having a reproducibility problem.

And your intelligence has a far greater influence on your upbringing

>Applied Developmental Science
Lmfao how does this shit get registered in pubmed

>And your intelligence has a far greater influence on your upbringing
Jesus Christ. I've heard some stupid shit in these threads over time, but this is just... wow.

Well I don't blame you brainlet. It's clear to everyone that intelligence has barely influenced you and your upbringing.

A liar on the internet??

jej

At least it's relieving that this was bait instead of a real person.

Some iq studies sample is 5 year olds and they concluded different scales based on "race". (the difference doesn't really make sense for me but that pretty much eliminates environmental factors)

there there brainlet...keep your family dumb like yourself. remember, it has no impact on your upbringing ;)

absolutely ebin xd

>brainlet telling brainlet a brainlet
This always makes me laugh

With 99 IQ points you definitely are one of the best there is. Be sure to tell everyone, and when they try to discourage you with their bs by saying things like "you are with 99 points actually slightly below average", igonre it and keep telling people. It's important that everyone knows. Good luck. Maybe leave Veeky Forums though, I don't think we can appropriately appreciate your genius. Cheers mate.

Science stop where my feelings begin, you fucking white male.

>T. Someone who has never seen adoption or twin studies
Link

Not as strong as the relationship between IQ threads and bans.

sage

you wish brainlet. now go back to flipping burgers

>How strong is the relationship between race and intelligence?
about as strong as the relationship between race and penis size, little guy.