Tfw can't bear to give up on a book or read multiple ones at once

>tfw can't bear to give up on a book or read multiple ones at once
>mfw 250 pages through a boring as shit 700 page novel
>mfw it's a "classic" that people will call you stupid for not reading

Brothers Karamazov is not boring.

I never thought I would find this much meaning in a meme. This has made me realize that I don't need meme's to make me happy. That I am addicted to them. That I don't control the memes, they control me. And I say that I can stop anytime I want but... I can't. I don't want to. The memes give me life and purpose but, do I need memes to be happy? What is happiness if not a good doggo meme? What is internet cancer if not LeafyIsHere? Am I internet cancer? Probably, but why can't I be a meme. On all levels except physical I am a meme, but is that a good thing? Are memes a good thing or just another passing of humanity? Will aliens see our memes when they come down to our war rot planet and think, "How could people this cancerous make weapons this destructive?" Will memes be how we are remembered? With a doggo meme or two and dat boi? I've gone on a tangent and I don't know why you've read this if you did but fun fact that isn't actually fun, the average weight of a pygmy goat is 35 pounds. I'm sad that I know that off the top of my head... Damn. Got to go meme again.

which one is it? if it's a hugo novel, drop it before you get to the sewer system, people only know the disney version any way. he's not for everyone.

>600+ pages detailing small cash loans between peasants
>not boring

OP here, you guys immediately guessed 19yh century books... and you're right. But it's neither of the authors you guessed.

What is it about this era? Dracula (not the book in my OP) was literally 50 pages of goodness followed by 300 pages of absolutely (literally) fuck all. Genuine fucking nothing.

>reading for plot

Try the Hunger Games series.

you're what we call a pleb

>19yh century books
We know you're not reading In Search of Lost Time because you're a whiny cunt.

I know the feel OP. I think its more of an OCD trait I have when it comes to books.

>tfw drop more books than I finish
I'm probably too picky.

You're reading Moby-Dick, aren't you?

come on maen

i felt this way when i started reading peter f hamilton stuff. I started with reality dysfunction. holy shit how boring. I fought myself through it and then read on wikipedia that the most retarded characters got even bigger roles in the next books. dropped into the trash hard. glad I gave him another chance with the commonwealth stuff tho. GOAT space scifi

He's reading Anna Karenina

Well OP, David Copperfield is what we call a weeder book. Plebs pick it up thinking they've heard about it and want to get into proper literature. 4 months later they aren't even half way through the boring fucker and vow to never read again

IJ is the weeder book you lemming

The only good part is when the retarded bastard kid starts making plays.

The rest is fucking awful.

>that fucking monk chapter

WHO GIVES A FUCK

which one family?
this was my guess aswell

I actually agree with this. Why couldn't the rest of the book be as good as the first part when Jonathan is trapped in the castle? That was extremely interesting and enticing. The book drug out way too long, and the final chase made me want to smash my head against a wall, with all of the extra useless detail he added.

>tfw reading Ulysses for the first time

>tfw when it's beautiful, but I find it very hard to relate

>gonna finish it

>mfw it's a "classic" that people will call you stupid for not reading

Did this ever happen in real life? Remember that this is the internet and everyone goes full retard about everything.

How far are you? I found Bloom a lot easier to relate to than Stephen

Those old ass books arent meant to be read like novels you read today, more like how you go see a dinosaur in a museum. The form of the novel had yet to be perfected, so they did whatever.

It's not meant to be relatable, it's basically an extended version of Queneau's Exercises in Style, with a bunch of added circlejerking about Ireland. It's fine if you're just reading for prose, but don't expect any actual meaning from it.

If you got to the sewers might as well finish it

the rest of the book is mostly sewers from there

>>tfw can't bear to give up on a book or read multiple ones at once
>>mfw 250 pages through a boring as shit 700 page novel
>>mfw it's a "classic" that people will call you stupid for not reading

actually, infinite jest has 1079 pages

if a book bores you, put it down and don't let it guilt you into turning your free time unpleasant. if the book did in fact intrigue you without you being aware of it at the time that you had become bored of it, you will likely pick it up sometime in the future again. just remember that a book is just a book and you owe it nothing, not a minute of your time.

I'm about 200 pages in. Yes, Bloom is more relatable because essentially he doesn't come off as a pompous ass. He is intelligent, but he doesn't shove it in your face. Stephen is quoting Latin the entire time, and while I like him, he's a little more complex.

>700 pages

literally what is there to not relate to? their emotions and psychology ressonance (and a lot of the political, moral, and philosophical questions) haven't changed in 100 years

>implying OP has enough taste to be bored by it
he probably raced through it if anything

Ohhh, I don't know. How about their every day struggles and scenarios that are causing every single character to act and think the way the do about the stimuli going on around them?