Al/ck/oholism: hemingway and fitzgerald edition

fuck yeah it's not the stock image

im feeling great on bloody mary's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LopaFte3CXA?t=171
youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6b1PvAhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the secret ingredient that makes green absinthe green?

Food coloring.

He's not wrong unfortunately

"im feeling great on bloody mary's"
can't into hard liquor, just beer for me, lots of beer.

dont really wanna go to work tomorrow, should i drink and call out?

Fuck yeah bro take it easy

You deserve it

>this image suits my narrative better, because
>I want to glamourize alcoholism because I can't face reality

You're not wrong friend

T. OP

The hard truth is I deleted the other image to clean up my desktop and this was as close as I could get to an appropriate pic

cant do it, gonna go in
prob drink afterwards

Im sad and tired
;_;

>I can't find the other image that is still alive in a thread on this board
but alcohol doesn't kill brain cells. nut.

hmm, first day of sobriety after finishing my benzo taper yday
i feel depressed and tired, but not anxious and withdrawy
i feel like i will drink again pretty soon to be honest, this a'int for good, but i will try and enjoy it while it lasts

in actual absinthe it's chlorophyll
in that shit in your pic it looks like some kind of radioactive ectoplasm

Major depressive full time/full course load uni student here. Loathing going to class today. Currently 4am, class is at 12pm. Not feeling like going. Sleep schedule has been fucked for weeks. I want to stay in and drink all afternoon leaving just enough time for my evening study time and the lecture notes from my class I will be probably skipping is online. What do guys?

Realize university is the best chance you'll get to meet interesting people your entire life and without doing anything drastic that might break you, work hard every day to make sure you succeed at it and can feel proud of yourself.

32 days sober. I am an alcoholic, and was a handle every 24 hours vodka drinker. I stopped cold turkey and have not used anything but a lot of pot. I feel better physical health-wise, but have not established new sane patterns fir myself. Still dealing with the day to day shit of work (physical skilled labor) and trying to stay busy. I still do not have normal emotions, and pretty much only feel stress, anxiety and boredom unless I am sleeping.

Beats being a gross, dying, artificially egotistical untrustworthy monster.

Mostly.

I need to taper. Im here at 745 am wanting to go get booze but dont want to be judged going to thw store once again this early and only buy booze. So im going to try some coffee.

Uni finishes in 2 years and I still haven't made a single friend haha

>tfw 22
>tfw can't drink alcohol because it aggravates my psoriasis

Am I supposed to be lucky or the opposite?

>university is the best chance you'll get to meet interesting people your entire life

So much fucking this.

I lost my ex because of my drinking (she went on to get her Ph.D. from an Ivy League school and will be in academia forever, and wanted to get married to me), and I didn't realize until after we broke up how incredibly fucking unintelligent and boring most of the world is outside of the bubble We'd been in for 8 years. If I wasn't an alcoholic before... holy shit.

Update got beer drank half threw away othher half body just kinda rejected it. Got a little buzz now im just kinda hingover again. Rinse wash repeat

Worst case scenario is I get my PhD if I don't get into med school. My mom has a few million dollars and is paying for my education so I am fucking lucky to not have debt. I drink a lot. Only thing I need to do is keep my grades moderately decent and do some psychological research in undergrad.

alcoholism = constant anxiety
sobriety = constant depression

dno which to pick

cycling = constant endorphines and adrenaline (+ sex when you get fit)
flat bar road bike!

Anyone here go to bars by themselves?

I pass a few decent looking ones on my walk home from work, always been tempted to go in for a couple of quiet drinks before I head home. never been to a bar by myself, is it weird?

Or should I just continue to get drunk at home and shitpost by myself?

i've got a few spots i sometimes pop into after work on my own if i can't find anyone to drink with

i'm a member/regular at a couple of them so i can sit at the bar if i want some chat, as i'll usually know someone there (mostly alcoholics way older than myself), or i can sit at a table and be on my own

if i wanna go for a drink in a pub on my own i usually bring a book or something

I too am sad and tired

In fact just the other day I forgot my sunglasses before I went to work and thought to myself "my sunglasses help me hide my sadness" because I am a faggot who thinks stupid things.

That being said life is okay, decent job, things are looking up, I just feel as if I've forgotten how to relate to people outside of a retail environment

Half a fifth last night with my bloody Mary's

OP here

I've been worse off

Hi i never had any alcohol in my life before and i want to become an alcoholic. How do i start?

Hurled for the first time in months last night at a dive bar. 10+ well whiskey shots, a fernet (annoying troll bought it for me idk) and whatever amount of beer on an empty stomach. Puking to The Show Must Go On was a fun time though, and I still took the bartender out to a movie and makeout. Don't love the little red dots on my face this morning, but what can you do.

why?

Anyone have experience with repeated medical alcohol detox?

Does it get worse every time?

Do you get to the point where one night of drinking gives you the shakes? Or is that a myth?

I go to bars by myself often, to read or study. I don't have many friends who live near me or want to hang out with me regularly, so it is nice to be around people even though they are strangers. In my mind it's kind of like socializing but I don't talk to anyone really. You can go to bars by yourself.

That sounds pretty comfy, might give it a go this week.

its not worth it pal

u fuckin wot

guys I think I might have a drinkin problem

Job interview tomorrow. Few people that I knew yelled out to me "Have a beer." I haven't had a drink in 3 days. "That went fast grab another" "Have another"... by number three heading to the shop to get a box of beer became the plan.

Drinking water now. I think I'm going to fuck up my interview if I even make it :(.

you'll do fine stop being hard on yourself

I haven't drank in over six months, and today I bought a 750ml bottle of Zachariah Harris whiskey, and a 100 ml bottle of Evan Williams (the guy said they were on sale for a dollar, so I got one)

wtf am i doing

This desu. Stay sober and then cycle so hard your gasping for air and legs are shaking. Really good, good feeling buzz as long as I push my body hard enough.

If youre hung over it doesn't work though. You just feel like shit trying to cycle hard.

If you think you do you probably do.

fucking relapsed
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stop being faggots

yer an alcoholic harry
IM A WOT

stop posting here and get proper professional help

bayonet bro here. trying to kill me some squirrels.

OP here

Hungover as fuck at work today I think my new antidepressants are making me have more anxious hangovers

Debating getting a drink

How am I such a shitbag

chill out mate. I was right pinned all day at work today. such is our struggle

youtu.be/LopaFte3CXA?t=171

In this video it looks like they're using hemp. Would make sense - high chlorophyll content.

Sorry I'm an amerifat does pinned mean drunk?

yeah im a Canadian. I also use the term ''right shittered''

Who /maltliquor/ here?

makes me want to hurl so no

but i respect it and its fans

Liquor store worker here. Hello to all you alcoholics out there. I want to tell you about some of my regulars.
"Two please" a middle aged woman who shouts the order "two please" before the door is even all the way open, asking for two Smirnoff minis.
"Two-man minimum" is a man in his 30s who drinks Natty Ice. Friendly guy, but he usually says "man" at least twice a conversation. Personal favorite is "Hey man, how you doin' tonight man"
"Tom Pizza" is his real name. I've seen his license and everything. Used to drink a mini of sambuca every couple of hours. He stopped drinking when he got kidney stones. Still comes by the store to say hi.
"789" and her idiot husband. She thinks its funny to recite the UPC at me like i don't know it. Another Natty Ice drinker. Fireball, too. Her husband is equally annoying.
"The Incredible Hulk" is a professional mover who is really built. He injects this fake tanner into his body that turns him slightly green. Him and his wife are Natty Ice and Franzia drinkers.
"Mcginnis" is a on again, off again alcoholic. 25 OZ natty ice and crystal palace drinker. He came to me crying one day, asking me not to serve him anymore, swearing he was getting sober. Saw him in again in like 3 weeks.
That's it for now. Safe drinking, ya losers.

>the liquor store worker calls people losers

enjoy your impending suicide

im sorry i didn't mean that bro

im a mean drunk and sad

you're a swell guy

I went out drinking for the first time the other day. I had a "pink panther" (vodka with lemonade and pomegranate juice), a rum & coke, a tequila rose, and a tequila sunrise.

After all that I didn't feel drunk.
I felt my heartbeat in parts of my head for a while and a bit of warmth in my face for a while and some lightheadedness for a longer while, and I was a little bit more smiley and giggly than usual but some of that was from being excited.

The first few sips of the first drink (not sure if this was only before I got the bartender to add more juice) tasted like hand sanitizer. After that everything tasted like varying degrees of cough syrup, except the tequila rose which tasted like strawberry ice cream except worse (and I don't like strawberry so it was worse than that for me).

What should I try next time, and how far should I go? I have a taste for sour and spicy things BTW.

what?

drink until you feel it man. mixed drinks at bars can really vary. 20% of bars make them very strong and good but the other 80% make them super weak. sounds like you got weak drinks.

just get double gin and tonics until you feel it, then enjoy

whoops got drunk again when i meant to "taper"

just fuck my shit up senpai

"feel it" meaning what?
also they were intentionally weak because I'd never had them before, with one shot per drink; I didn't know that would translate to that little effect

one standard shot per drink is basically intentionally weak, it's a way for the bar to save money on alcohol

why does it have to be like this
im fuckin miserable

nigger grow up and get truly drunk you'll feel fine then

>get truly drunk
laughing my fuckin ass off
you'd fuckin die if you drank how much I drink faggot

try me dude how much are you at

so I remember taking some kinda health class, and one thing I particularly remember is that liver/upper right quadrant abdominal issues can have referred pain in the shoulders, specifically right shoulder.
i've had said some uncomfortable pain in my right shoulder these last few days. would it be a good idea to get checked out?

on a binge since ..thursday, 5 0.7l bourbon, two cases of of 20 0,5lofbeer, chainskmokingwhilst atit.. I'll regret the next 3 days

I drank half a handle today

Not even that guy but are you serious dude. Like just get help. You're not going to be able to handle that if you're boasting like this. Ridiculous. Seek help.

Weird descriptions. Do not drink.

I dont usually drink this much but you're probably right

I feel like im going to explode

Why didn't they get Kyle MacLachlan to play Hemingway in Midnight In Paris? He would have been a dead ringer.

dead ringer in 1995

old looking fag in 2011

brutal i know but it's the truth

CAN'T HANDLE THE HANDLE

Screen magic, man. Anything is possible.

please just let me dream it's all I have left

It's been 5 weeks since I amended to quit and during that time I've drank twice: both times just beer and once socially, however now I'm facing a real test. Won't go into specifics but just learned a depressing revelation and my first instinct is to go buy booze. I'm really battling here. Dunno if I can hold off.

Any resistance tips from those who have successfully quit?

I didn't think Stoll looked too far off. Certainly not a dead ringer but close enough. His performance was good too.

corey looks hilarious when he has hair

Fuck this stuff it's blackout fuel

I drank two mouthfuls of it and blacked out, ended up either walking all the way back on the side of the highway from my friends house or getting off the bus way too early and walking back at least 15 minutes to my house. I remember the sight of my shoes and everything else being dark and blurry. Could have gotten hit by a car, it was one of the straws for giving up drinking so much

That's just because you're used to him bald.

Watch and emulate this man, he will teach you how to become an alcoholic folks!

youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6b1PvAhg

He looked pretty good for a Mid 1920's Hemmingway.

tree bark in the original recipe

Anybody around?

sugar and caffeine > alcohol >>>>>>> meth, coke, pot

Dude I am.
Just got back from the doc and everything sounds good according to him. *commence wood knocking etc.*
Bought a sixer of 12ozers right afterward that I will bust into later tonight.

Does different alcohol really give people a different buzz?

No matter what I drink the alcohol buzz/high is always the same

If I have five beers or five shots, I feel it the same

16oz, my mistake.

more words please?

Hey man glad to hear it

I'm still at work and was bored but I downed two mini bottles at lunch and feeling a ok now

It's the fucking same m8. You can different levels of hangovers though. Beer is not usually as bad as cider, cider is not as bad as liquor etc.

Agree--I think the rapid elevation of BAC that hard liquor causes is responsible for worse hangovers than the slow elevation caused by beer or even wine

Whats something light I can eat that wont completely throw off my stomach after a 3 day binge? I can't miss another day of class I need to be back in regular form tomorrow or i'm completely screwed

First take alka seltzer

Then saltines

T. Alkie