kebab?

What

yiros

do you mean kebab or do you actually call them kebbarbs

gyro you euros

idk what the fuck you're talking about but I call this a gyro

Doughner kebbarb.

that's a chalupa

I stayed in Greece for three weeks, the correct word is spelt 'Gyros'... the pronunciation is 'yeerohh' (the s is silent in Greek - eg: the name Stravros is pronounced Stavrohh) - the 'ohh' part is pronounced as in the 'o' in Oscar.

Yiros - Westernisation of the correct way
Gyro - Americanisation of the correct way
Kebab - Objectively wrong
and some people say Souvlaki - ?????

Your pic is somebody's makeshift chicken shawarma.

When people say "Jy-ro" (like gyroscope), instead of "yeeroh", it makes me go instant full rage and want to punch them. I don't punch them, but I really fucking want to. Especially if they're selling the fucking things.

IT'S A FUCKING DONAIR

t. Canada

It's food. Calm down

You're probably the same type of person who ridicules chinks and indians for being protective over their own cuisines

>You're probably the same type of person who ridicules chinks and indians for being protective over their own cuisines

You're right, because "cultural appropriation" is just separatist and divisionist thinking wrapped in the guise of political correctness. Fartface.

Provided that the meat was cooked the right way, yiros.

its not a kebab. murifags call it like this because they dont know shit. the exact name is lahmacun and its turkish. but leave the chicken away and take veal (babycow meat, dont know if translator fucked it up), coleslaw, tomatos and onions to fill it. end it up with a sweet jogurt or garlic sauce.

Maybe there is a dialect that does it that way, but the standard Greek pronunciation is [ˈʝiros]. Stavros is pronounced [ˈstavro̞s].
Souvlaki is a different dish. It's a smaller meat skewer and can be eaten directly off the spit.

Veal is correct. From the picture itself it is impossible to tell wether that is lahmacun or yufka/pide.

a wrap

>its not a kebab
correct
>murifags call it like this
mostly gyro but also this
>the exact name is lahmacun and its turkish
that's something different to what is in OP's pic, similar though:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_(food)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahmacun
>veal, coleslaw, tomatos and onions
put that shit in my mouth rn

thanks for the clarification. so a greek souvlaki is like an australian kebab/shashlik (pic)?

i don't think one can exactly say what this is.
could be gyros because of tzatziki, but a lahmacun looks the same.

>thanks for the clarification. so a greek souvlaki is like an australian kebab/shashlik (pic)?
Yeah, pretty much

In Australia we call them "skewers". Souvlaki is the Greek version, shish kebab is the Turk version, and shashlik is the West/Central Asian version.

Kebabs use processed meat.
Souvlakis use diced lamb.

That's why kebabs tend to be cheaper than souvlakis. Unless a scrupulous operator tries to pass off cheaper processed meat as a souvlaki.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the processed meat, btw. But if you're ever in Melbourne then try Zorbas in Sth Melbourne for a taste of what a real souvlaki should taste like.

is that chicken? cyros is beef i think. pita gyros ist the same shit wrapped inside a pita like in the pic. maybe this is some nigger-pita-shit

btw gyros with fries wrapped in pita-bread is the shit!

shitty kebab places use processed meat.

>processed meat.
>diced lamb.
What's the difference?

All meat is processed, retard.

Compressed minced meat vs chunks of real meat.

Like sausage meat vs a steak.

Thats a burrito

>Tzatziki
That well known burrito condiment.
Retard.

Those are dürüm

Do you call a giroscope a yeeroscope? No? Then fuck off you pretensious faggot.

Turns out words that come from other languages change thier pronunciation when they enter the English language.

ffs. it has different names in different regions throughout the world and the ingredients are pretty common, so they're made in many regions.

This is what I see people call it where I live:
>>gyros
>>chicken shawarma
>>chicken kebab
>>chicken kabab
>>chicken kabob
>>dürüm with chicken
>>chicken döner
>>chicken roll
>>roll with chicken
>>grilled chicken in roll
>>chicken grill

Pay debts, cockroach

that's gyros.

>meat wrapped in pita with vegetables and garlic sause
Kebab
>add beans to it
Now it's a burrito

Do you call a gyroscope a yeeroscope? No? Then fuck off you pretentious faggot.

Turns out words that come from other languages change thier pronunciation when they enter the English language.

Turns out you're a moron.
>Found the faggot who says "JY-RO" like some kind of hick

Variations of this theme exist across several languages. Could be gyros, shawarma, shish taouk, donner or just kebab. Depends on who's making it.

>cant even answer the question

Nice try mongaloid, your silence speaks volumes.

Obviously that's one of them Greek tacos.

Yiros

>words that come from other languages change thier pronunciation when they enter the English language.
This is untrue. Plenty of French expressions are used in English with French pronunciation. A person with a certain je ne sais quoi can display sang froid during a dramatic situation. Same goes for borrowed German and Yiddish words. You're not much of a mensch if you indulge in schadenfreude.

The only reason Italian, Greek and Spanish are freely mangled in American English (and Hindi in British) is because immigrants who spoke these languages were looked down upon. And with regard to Italian and Spanish that's been changing in my lifetime. I hear more words from those languages pronounced in their original pronunciation than when I was a kid. Especially when it comes to Spanish words.

This is a chicken Shwarma. It's not Gyros, but its very close (wrong meat). It's not a Kebap at all. It's not Dürüm, but its Close (lack of slaw).

People act like theyre all the same, but theyre clearly not.

My personal fav is a simple Lahmacun. Just a Paprika & Mince mixture, onions, parsley. Maybe a little Yoghurt and Lemon. I like Harissa in my mince. Shit is godly.

I just call them not as good doner kebabs. Lamb is the worst meat to out in those things and the sauce isn't terrible but its still not as good as the other options