In my mind, there are two types of coins/tokens: Hype coins and Work coins

In my mind, there are two types of coins/tokens: Hype coins and Work coins.

Hype coins:
-founders hype the coin up publicly trying to get people to buy it
-announcement of announcements
-not much demand from companies or real use cases
-most price action is from people buying the coin hoping it will go up
-coin will randomly surge on people pumping it without any extra adoption of the coin

Examples: Tron, Vechain

On the other side there are Work coins
-developers focus on updates on their project
-not much public hype until it has already been adopted mainstream
-demand primarily from companies who want it for its use cases
-coin rises as more companies adopt it

Example: Chainlink

Other urls found in this thread:

americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did you even bother making this thread? You know exactly how it's going to go. It's going to be the same FUD, the same stale pasta, stupid posts, questions, and everything else we've already seen a hundred times already. The only LINK news worth posting about is how it was mentioned on TV and even that's lackluster.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

I can't say much, but I've got insider information that Sergey is in talks with the Department of Defense, where they've expressed interest in using ChainLink and smart contracts to control nuclear launch information. Despite hints otherwise, the current launch system has very little automation and relies on a human to eventually push the button. The problem is that although they can access the information such as missing nodes (launch sites) or early warning triggers that could prompt a launch, it still has to go through a single source to verify the data and eventually make a decision. The solution they're hoping for from smartcontracts.com is a transitional process towards full automation, starting with a temporary solution where a majority of the data sources into the oracles would still be human operators choosing to press a button. That is to say, if there were theoretically five data sources feeding into the oracles, three of them would be humans choosing to launch the missiles. The beneficial side-effect is that launches are given an extra layer of confirmation through the smart contract where there's less likely to be the situation where one node acts on faulty data and triggers a run-on effect. I can't say where I got this information, but you won't hear about this publicly until it's already been operational for at least a few years. Russia's building their own next-gen nukes as well, so strap in for an exciting decade.

is this a shop? it's making me feel schizophrenic just looking at it. is meme magic real? has the internet completely rotted my brain?

This sums your point up pretty nicely.

It's real

>Tron, Vechan
forgets about Verge the millenium fag token

Cool story bro, but I gotta admit, Putin’s nuclear fud certainly has me a little worried, looks like its gunna be COLD WAR II: The Fappening, stock up I guess.

-developers focus on updates on their project
this is the opposite of chainlink.

as for the rest, point to any point on the charts that isnt a pump and dump

Comforting to know that I hold 7902 (and growing!) little harbingers of our upcoming nuclear armageddon. Chainlink could also be useful in targeting and mission parameters of anti-personell kill-bots, or even smart landmines!

>I cant say much

chainlink is the first step of creating skynet. thanks, just bought 100k.

linkfags are honestly so pathetic that they need to make shit up like this. Shill the living hell out of the coin. Desperatly try to get the GETs. Make photoshop images all day. All that for doing another day with -5%, while volume and interest is slowly fading.

newfag falling for pasta

how many stinkers you got

>falling for reverse psychology fud

You are a MANIAC.

ofcourse it's pasta, doesn't make my point incorrect.

agree about hype/work coins, OP

b0x.network is another work coin

they have less than 1k members on telegram but they're doing decentralized margin trading

shit's gonna blow the fuck up come ico spring

it is incorrect, volume fadding is cyclical which applies to any project out there.
-5% down, 5% up do you really bother yourself with such movement in coins you are invested?

as for shilling, yeah can't explain that. Has no relevance on the actual product unless you believe Veeky Forums paved the way for Trump into the office.

You are correct on the point that every coin is dropping in volume. But LINK has a -90% in volume. Coming from 3000BTC/24h to 300BTC/24h. The shilling probably works to some extent

>as for shilling, yeah can't explain that.

"compromised" presale caused a lot of bizraelis to pool ETH together so they could participate. so relatively there's a lot of LINK holders on Veeky Forums and the shared presale thing paved the way for some kind of brotherhood i guess.

well that's some odd occurance, there was all time high volume of $30m/d which lasted for 2 days. To me this is an outlier, the average volume day-to-day volume is about $6-7m, hence 50% drop.

Anyone who were around for the ICO knows that when Sergey first pulls the marketing trigger, he makes sure it matters. Not with shitty crypto-crypto partnerships or empty promises or rebrands.

Newfags, read this: americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world

And for those who don't know what American Banker is, it's like WSJ, except bankers actually takes their publications seriously.

Just sold 100k stinkies.

This place sure is smelling bad this morning. Have fun with your SEC indictments for the scam ICO.

Best thing in the world is seeing a stinky linky lose his internet money AND get locked up.

I had about 300 Links in my binance account, sold couple omg and bought more link, this happened by accident.

Cool time digits. How many LINK you got?

I know you're probably just trying to be a faggot by swing-trading your poorfag stack, but here;

A fuckton of ICOs, including EOS, who happens to have an army of lawyers uses checkboxes as part of their KYC. And in legal cases checkboxes, like whenever you have to agree to terms when using a new program, are sufficient.

Plus, LINK isn't even based in the US. So find something better if you want to make the newfags sell.

It's likley they have a marketing person who posted all that stuff simultaneously to twitter.

They hired Dimitri Roche in november and didn't say anything .

Huh. Not so subtle rebrand from Smartcontract.com to SmartContract. Not surprised, it's a lot neater. Their marketing manager must be at work, haha.

It's from last year. I'm retarded.

Assassinated if true

I’m going to actually suicide if LINK keeps falling. I have the means. I’ve thought about it anyway. This coin saps my dopamine dry.

Poorfags are going to keep FUDing to cleanse all the weak hands until the mainnet is out, so hide all guns and medication in your household, because it's going to be a rough ride.

>actually believing this

Well, poorfags and newfags.

this
They are based in Cayman Islands, aren't listed on any burger exchanges, the SEC can literally suck my dick

i can actually confirm... in two months i get 1000 dollars which is 30% of my crypto folio and i have to keep sure that people think its a street shitter coin. the conference might be in the way but it could also mean a nice dump

Would I make it with 5000 LINK

Yes

i have to dissapoint you dude
sergey is finally ready to shill his cube to the world and you had 6 months time you faggot

The virgin/chad meme went right over your head, brainlet.

>Tokens
Ultimately shit dependent on third parties. No serious business will ever even slightly think about using an erc20 token or any other shit Token relying on another network. Face it, after the senate hearing ICOs is not a way to make money anymore

No

Link is based in San Francisco you dumb fucking faggots

no they're on US virgin island

DYOR kek

in freacking spa saloon

Read the number on the building it says 344. Link is at 334 fuckkk you this board is full of retards.

this is even worse

>334
Good Job Faggot you just went down to 318.
Learn to decipher building numbers you fucking retard. You should be banned because youre obviously 5 years old gtfo biz.

WE WILL MAKE IT

man your us system is really retarted

in europe place of the ubermenschen
its simple 36 34 32 30

so how does theire building look lke

they use imperial units, what did you expect

I'm in Europe as well but its not difficult to figure out.
Tenmatsu is 336. so it will be above or behind.

No one is realising the most important thing though here with this. McDonalds is a 6 minute walk away so can we please have a San Francisco user please intervene at lunch time and go ask sergey some questions for us.

Lol this is quality content that I come to Veeky Forums for

DO NOT FALL FOR THE FAKE RIPPLE RUN
I repeat, I tell this to you guys because you are our strongest hodlers. This is a trap set up by Sergey who is pumping Cripple right now in order to filter out opportunists and deserters who are not worthy of being millionaires.
If you buy Cripple right now, you will make SOME gains, but you will MISS OUT THE SINGULARITY
ITS IMMINENT
I REPEAT
SINGULARITY IS IMMINENT DO NOT BUY CRIPPLE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR DESERTER LIVES.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE 1 LINK, .05 OF A LINK, OR HELL, EVEN 0.000000001 OF A LINK, WHAT MATTERS IS WE'RE ALL STINKY LINKERS, AND WE'RE GONNA CLIMB TO THE VERY TOP OF SOCIETY, ONE SMART CONTRACT AT A TIME!!!!!!

>Make photoshop images all day.
Aww you remembered me.

It probably wont pump as hard as everyone wants it to after the conference, but I highly doubt it will dump very much if any. Most likely scenario, it keeps trading between 60-70 cents or maybe gets a slight bump up to 80-90 cents. I don't think this conference will break the dollar mark.

10/10

>Hey! Clear the way in the old Veeky Forumsaar
Hey you!
Let us through!
It's a bright new star!
Oh Come!
Be the first on your block to meet his eye!

who here /15_cent_buyer/ and ain't even worried

Poor Sergey has ride his fatmobile for this long before he can go to the McDonalds everyday

me mostly but then bought all the way up and back down and now average 23c :(

>tfw you bought during SIBOS at $.38 and you’re still holding