What's the cheapest way to make this taste god tier?

What's the cheapest way to make this taste god tier?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQPLo8hECWg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't your thread just get deleted?

Nah, I deleted it because I defined it incorrectly.

The way I make my baked potato is getting some plastic wrap and microwaving it. Add a dollop of Daisy sour cream, sprinkle a bit of bacon bits and cheese. Won't exactly be god-tier but the cheapest and fastest way that tastes fairly well.

>microwaving plastic wrap

top kek

>some plastic wrap
N-nah

Maybe some balsamic glaze or sprinkle some grana/parmesan on top of it

is that even real cheese?

Bake it almost all the way, like slightly over halfway. Take it out of the oven and slice off the top so you can scoop out the insides. Don't cut it in half, cut off like the top forth. Do not throw this away if you want your potatoes to look cool. Scoop out the insides and mash them with some sharp cheddar and crispy bacon bits. Don't forget to add the potato from the part you sliced off because it will make your potatoes look over stuffed and more attractive. when you are done mashing put the potato back into the shell and bake it the rest of the way.

Bake it, cut in half, scoop out the flesh and mix with butter and salt, pile it back in the halves and bake them again until they're crisp.

If you want to spend more, you can also add fried onion, chives, cheese and crispy bacon to the mix.

Woah, creepy.

We posted recipes for twice baked potatoes at like the exact same time.

Hivemind confirms.

It wasn't toy cheese if that's what you mean....?

looks like an american imitation processed cheese

Hello chef John

Best baked potato method is as follows and is what most restaurants do

First preheat oven to 450 degrees F (inb4 eurofags whine about (F) vs (C)....fuck off)

1. wash potato and completely dry it off
2. smear the outside of the potato with room-temperature butter until it's coated in a layer of butter
3. salt and pepper that motherfucker (it will stick to the butter). Garlic powder is optional, but I use a little bit. Feel free to experiment with different spices.
4. Put that buttery, seasoned spud in the oven on the middle rack. Put a dripping pan below to catch some of the butter that will melt (this is okay if it happens).
5. Set timer for about 45 minutes, then just start going in and checking the potato's firmness every ten minutes after that until it's fluffy enough for you
6. Remove potato. Cut open and add whatever of the following ingredient suggestions (and more if you want).

>butter
>cheese
>sour cream
>chives
>salt and pepper
>pieces of freshly cooked bacon

Eat the entire potato, skins and all (the butter/seasoning method will make the skin god-tier).

Enjoy.

Also there is no need to wrap the potato in foil. I've found that it makes for a very soft and soggy skin. Leaving it "naked" makes the skin kind of crispy and the butter browns a bit. It's so good.

im·i·ta·tion

/ˌiməˈtāSH(ə)n/

imitation; plural noun: imitations
a thing intended to simulate or copy something else.

no, no it wasn't imitation cheese it was honest to goodness edible American shredded cheese

sriracha

I was going to just post the video but I didn't feel like looking it up. Here it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=CQPLo8hECWg

Chef John is that ish.

>go to Wendys
>give them $2.79
>get this
>profit

yeah, loads of american "cheese" has to define itself as imitation cheese products because it's not actually, legally cheese

>burgers have to "acidify" their sour cream

>Chef John is that ish.
kys

>it's not actually, legally cheese
That goes for all cheese here.
Fuck pasteurized milk.

Listen here you uncultured, American swine. Imitation cheese is not real cheese, and it never will be. If you enjoy eating that overprocessed bullshit, be my fucking guest, but we are not going to let you ruin cheese like you ruined pizza and hamburgers.

American cheese is usually imitation cheese

>wendy's sour cream is indicative of all of america's sour cream
i r yurop
i r smart

>like we ruined pizza and hamburgers

How the fuck did we ruin pizza? NY style is the best. Also, tomatoes were native to the Americas before Italy ever heard of them.

Also hamburgers...wtf are you on about? It's ground fucking beef, pressed into a patty, cooked medium rare/medium and dressed with tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard and whatever else you want on it. We didn't ruin shit. inb4 you try to use McDonald's as though it's the standard of American hamburgers.

Baked potatoes are revolting. Roast them instead.

>muh semantics

When you are wanting to eat a potato, you fucking bake it in an oven. Mincing words like you are only makes you a faggot because you're not baking a fucking cake when you heat up a potato.

no bruh, roasted potatoes are different, they're cut up, tossed with oil and seasoning of choice. it's a completely different beast than a baked potatoe

Specifically baked potatoes? Or potatoes in general?

For a baked potato, the cheapest way to make it taste god tier is to
>poke a few holes in a baking potato with a fork
>bake at 400F for 1 hour
>take out, plate, cut a slit in it and squeeze from the ends to fluff it open
>pile in some good butter and salt and pepper

That's the CHEAPEST way. And it's tasty too. Also, you can eat the skin as is, or save it, put it back in the oven to get crispy, and fill it with something else.

Baked potatoes are the worst way to coom potatoes. Better off roasting them on a sheet pan and already split in half with the skin and insides buttered salted and peppered.

>tomatoes were native to the Americas
so.. native Americans invented pizza before Christopher Columbus discovered America?

If your reply doesn't mention salting the crust then leave and never come back.

Twice bake it man

okay op here's what you do

wash and dry potato

get a kitchen syringe

make a herbed butter compound with whatever you wanna top your potatoe with

bacon, chives, sour cream, butter, garlic, etc... anything else you want

fill syringe

Inject potato all over, from just under the skin to directly in the middle so it's evenly dispered

Wrap in foil and bake, or put on grill if you're grilling outside

>roasted potatoes
cut the potatoes up, toss with oil, seasoning, and put back in the oven at 450
>baked potatoe
don't cut potato up, make sure you cover in oil, seasoning, and put back in oven at 450

>hurrr it's only roasting if you cut the potatoes up first

>tomatoes being from North America means north Americans invented everything that Tomatoes were ever used for

I guess Native Americans invented Thai food too because they use peppers for most of their recipes, huh? (peppers are also indigenous to the Americas too)

>cold plastic fake cheese
>fake squeeze bottle "butter"
>expecting the bqq to be any better

fuck outta here with that bullshit

>Wrap in foil

Why do people do this? Is it because they hate crispy skin for some reason?

Cum in it

well only for the method I typed before because the injection sites could possibly leak out said butter compound. Don't want to have OP dirty his oven when it could be avoided

If the skin was nor punctured and was a plain baked potato then yes I would expose the skin to get a crisp.

So why not leave the foil off, get a crisp skin, then add your compound butter after it has been cooked? It's not as if you actually gain anything by adding the butter before the baking process.

it was fucking delicious! jealous much?

>It was delicious
for you

baked potato, seasoned with salt and pepper
roasted potato seasoned with chili powder based spice mix
you see the difference now asshat?

Butter, S&P, sour cream, and jalapenos

The only difference is the seasonings, you fagscarf.

Fake cheese has its uses. I use Velveeta shreads as a base for homemade mac 'cheese sauce. But it has no place on a baked potato.

guys what's a fagscarf?

Oh, burned !

... I'll go back to /a/ now.

how do you delete your own thread?

>microwaving plastic wrap gives u le cancer

learn how a fucking microwave works u retards

there's a reason why a paper plate doesn't burst into flames if you microwave food on it

If you mean really cheap then lots of salt butter and pepper

margarine is cheaper.

>throw out potato
>buy a yam
>bake in oven
>put shit ton of brown sugar on top
there you go

>What's the cheapest way to make this taste god tier?
If you have a rack in your microwave, the skin gets a bit more dried and baked tasting.

Buy yukon gold for the most flavor in the spud to begin with.

My usual: I like to scrub the peel, prep it well to remove eyes, any dirt or rough spots. Prick all over, nuke until done, and add a minute to make it a little overcooked. Then, I slice them open, cube up the potato to cut through the peel. Smash with a fork all over to flatten, hit with butter, and sliced or grated cheese (whatever I have from gouda to cheddar to meunster to asiago). Nuke until melted. Top with sour cream, and favorite seasoning like Mrs. Dash or just cracked pepper and Lawrys or Tony's.
Breakstones > all the other sour creams. Double it on sale, cause it has a long shelf life too.

You can also top with chili and cheese. I might microwave a couple slices of bacon on paper towels and crumble on top.

I love to whirl up cottage cheese and green onion, for this thick cheesy oniony topping. Dill isn't bad on a potato too.

600 calories for 2.50

can you not read? it says one time use plastic containers, nothing about plastic wrap

please dont tell me you think all plastic is the same

It melts, stupid.

Bake in oven (Or cook in Microwave), slice open, add Frank's Red Hot Powder and Butter.

what i do is microwave a handful of small potatoes. like two pounds probably.

microwave them for 16 minutes or so, until the skin gets wrinkly.

dump them in a salad bowl with a stick of butter and smash the shit out of them, add monterey cheese and sour cream, chopped green onions and bacon. you want the butter fully incorporated, the cheese partially incorporated, and the sour cream on top with the bacon and onions.

as you eat it, stir it little by little.

Baked beans and cheese.

salt

plastic wrap is a one-time plastic container, and way more vulnerable to melting than a yogurt container.

Not the dude you're arguing with but no, you're wrong. Plastic wrap is more than safe to use in a microwave, it does not get heated by them. The only way for it to melt would be if you've got the item it's covering in the microwave for some absurdly long time and the item itself heats up enough to melt the wrap.

Maybe read up on shit you say before you say it, age of information and all that.

>wash skin
>prick with fork all over
>rub with salt
>wrap in tinfoil
>chuck on hot coals for an hour
>serve with butter

OP said cheapest and tastiest. Let the tattie speak for itself.

no plastic gets heated by a microwave, it is always talking about the food heating it up. and yes, nuking a baked potato for like 10 min would definitely melt the plastic

Cheapest? Salt and butter.

It begins
Took the bait
Dumbshit confirmed
It's too late he's dragging you down to his mudhole level
Starting to crack
Bingo
The facade drops, this is where you pissed off the retard and made my night, thanks for the read.

Let it ferment

Topkek

>paying $2.50 for a single potato when you could buy 20 for $5.79

I use his measurements, but I stopped doing the cut 1/4 off the top thing after a single time. Now I just cook a couple potatoes the way he does, mash em up in a bowl, put all the shit in there (milk+egg, spices, salt+pepper, garlic, butter, maybe bacon if I have some, cheese), mix it all together, and just throw the whole bowl in the oven. I live alone, I'm not trying to impress anyone with presentation.

By not being new.

>buy american cheese (I know, but I always bought a good brand)
>notice some brand I'm not familiar with is on sale
>it tastes funny
>read ingredients
>water, soybean oil, artificial rat feces, emulsifier, suspect cheese enzyme
fuck

goddammit

wasted money

No, it takes like shit

Sour cream and soy sauce.

Trust me.