Social Evolution

Is there a scientific reason that we have racism/nationalism? My personal idea is that it works like chimps who attack others who aren't members of the group, but on a much larger scale.

Other urls found in this thread:

jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dPxv4Aff3IA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>My personal idea is that it works like chimps who attack others who aren't members of the group, but on a much larger scale.
I agree, but unfortunately this thread will only serve as bait for /pol/.

In a tribal setting, you compete with neighboring tribes for resources. Being the first to kill the other is a boon.

Also, we have a bias toward genetic similarity which is why there are so many wincest threads on /hc/.

you really need some fucking self awareness
this thread IS bait already. it's for attracting people like you who will take any opportunity to yell about /pol/

do NOT reply to troll threads, you jackass

First, the obvious main reason: need to feel superiority.

why do western people want to "help" other people? because it makes them feel superior. that's where imperialism comes from.

why does north korea reject the west so much? because they like their culture and like to think their culture is superior to western cultures.
and so on and so forth.

Second reason: inability to understand.
People don't understand that everyone does not have the same logic. What you think is obvious is very far from obvious for someone else, and vice-versa.
You think drinking alcohol is a great thing, but that forcing women to be stay at home moms is retarded.
Other people think that drinking a poison like alcohol is retarded and that allowing women to surrender their duty as mothers will destroy society.
In both cases, one despises the other if they are not able to understand that not all people think the same way and do not have the same values.

It's usually a mixture of logical fallacies, cognitive biases, psychological effects and base social concepts.

Negatives:
- Comparative Social Status
- Cultural Hegemony
- The "Social Uncanny Valley" or hatred of unsettling "not quite us" or "hatred of one's replacement"
- Paranoia due to Pareidolia
- In-group Narcissism; Outer-group Bullying
- Social Hysteria and Moral Panic towards the unfamiliar

Positives:
- Simplicity
- Congruence
- Conformity and Uniformity
- Positive Shared Status [Pride]

Fair enough I suppose. I always just saw them as an excuse to beat each other's brains out.

Also, another follow up.

Yes, the scientific reason is that niggers are low iq apes and rational scientifically minded people know interbreeding will slow the scientific and philosophical advance of the human race.

underrated post

Everything else fail on meaningful timescales.
jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html

It's easy to alienate people that look different from you. That's about it.

Racists just want to blame the world's problems on someone else and want someone to feel superior to.

The reason why Poland was ruled by Poles and Denmark was ruled by Danes, and our close relatives are in museums.

>People just want to blame the world's problems on someone else and want someone to feel superior to.
FTFY. Racism is one of many ways to pick a particular group.

>mfw when this is why arabic Muslims are doing so well.

Relevant

>Is there a scientific reason that we have racism/nationalism?

racism and nationalism, not fundamentally. It appears that our fundamental intuition is tribalism, which can express itself through racism or nationalism, but also along other axis like "Communists of all countries against capitalism," "Feminists against shitlords!" etc. etc.

Ah, the basic "us vs you" argument.

>jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html

Oh that is fucking interesting mate. It also annoys me, I had hoped Humanitarianism would come out on top.

I wonder how it works across even longer timescales - once the most succesful ethnocentric group has become top dog, does it split into sub-groups that then compete with each other? If not, it has kind of become Humanitarianism already.

Racism is just the human expression of territoriality. We see an outsider in our country and we try expel them. Just like animals try to.

> We're racist because we want to preserve our lives and our sanity.
> I'm proud to be a racist ! And it's our right to be racist !

youtube.com/watch?v=dPxv4Aff3IA

Racism demonstrably works to secure unity and peace through the nation from outsiders. Thats how jews maintained their jewish identity even though they are a small minority in the area. And they are proud to be a racist and xenophobic community.

This. Nevertheless, the Europe legislations and the "pro-immigration" politics are actually damaging the citizen culture.

>small minority
>racist and xenophobic
>were exterminated by an even more racist and xenophobic nation
Darwin was right.

Apparently, "koochie" means nigger in jewish. Good to know.

Are they really still using the prisoner's dilemma as a social model? Jesus Christ.

> even more
I'd say they are about the same. We can't do a comparison because israel didn't have the power that nazis had. But we all saw what kind of massacre even the little power they had caused over palestine and non-jewish nations around, including the african people in israel.

Hell, even Trump can't build a wall that high.

Advanced civilizations destroy other more primitive nations. Such is the course of life.

You'll have kids one day OP. Then you might realise you care about your own genes.

>Are they really still using the prisoner's dilemma as a social model? Jesus Christ.

It's a good simple model. Yeah, sure, it's not an

""""accurate""""

representation of society but it's close enough to have some explanatory power. What else would you use?

>sociology
>science

this is why people make fun of trash like you.

>The most difficult science
>Not science

gb2