What's the quality like on those B&N Collectible editions? I'm thinking about picking some up...

What's the quality like on those B&N Collectible editions? I'm thinking about picking some up, but some reviews say that the paper isn't great quality or the inking and stickers on the cover can come off.

>ywn be american

the fact that the cover is a fucking sticker is enough to make me not want one

Shit quality: do not buy. I have the Huck Fin from before I knew better and it fell apart after a single read.

If you're looking for high quality editions of classic lit I recommend the World's Best Reading series by Reader's Digest.

The pages are thin but the dostoyevsky is so pretty sitting on my shelf I bought a 2nd paperback copy to actually read

I have the Sherlock Holmes one and it feels very cheaply put together.

Veeky Forums will hate me, but they're actually pretty decent. For $15 or so (average price when on sale), you're not going to do better. The Arabian Nights in your pic is probably their nicest title, although some people grumble about the Burton translation. Some of the other titles have generous amounts of Dore woodcuts as well, which is nice.

The stickers are kind of tacky I admit. Not all of them have stickers though.

What the hell are you doing to your books that they are falling apart? I assume you're treating it worse than you'd treat a paperback? Even then, still kind of baka desu senpai.

they lock so tacky ew

>putting entire collected works into a single volume

I have 50 year old paper backs that I've read multiple times. They still look completely fine. The one B&N book I have split down the binding mid-read.

Now this right here is a true reader

:)

I actually just got the Dune one today and it's surprisingly nice looking. I could just be sucker for anything related to Dune, though.

That's crazy. You should take it back and get a refund/exchange. I haven't had any of those problems myself.

I read the whole Sherlock Holmes collection, excluding The Hound of The Baskervilles, and my book is still in great condition. Not that I recommend them. I used to work for Barnes and Noble and they're a shitty company.

It's convenient. I don't want to buy all of Oscar Wilde's plays individually. I'd rather have them bundled in with a book I like.

It works well for Borges' Collected Fictions

Gaudy trash designed to act as ornaments for pseuds

Tackiest trash I have ever seen. Fucking subhumans.

Are you worried the books might get

DAMAGED

They look like they're made of plastic, fucking yanks

daggy af

C&P is the only one that looks kind of acceptable, if you put it on a shelf and only see the spine.
Also what the fuck, how is Alice in Wonderland thicker than Arabian Nights???

For any book not originally written in English you should be buying based on translation, not on whether you like the cover. B&N collection editions use public domain translations so that they can keep their costs as low as possible. Public domain translations aren't always bad, but they tend to be.

Everyman's Library, Norton Critical, and Oxford World's Classics are almost always better.

>translation

holy shit those covers are terrible