What should I use coconut oil for...

What should I use coconut oil for? People are always going on about how miraculous it is and how healthy it is and whatnot, honestly I don't believe it

Literally, lube. Feels great on your dick, senpai, and keeps it moisturized and smelling pleasant.

I use it whenever I make curries, or coconut rice, or certain stirfries, baked goods, or anything where the flavor of coconut might be welcome.
Just make sure you're using unrefined virgin coconut oil, otherwise you're not getting the supposed benefits.

I also keep a jar in the bathroom for oil pulling (a natural way to whiten your teeth and keep your gums healthy), and for slathering my entire body in twice a week after I shower, because it makes your skin unbelievably soft.

How strong is the coconut taste if you use it in say, a cake? Is it somewhat equivalent to using a teaspoon of coconut essence?

Not him but I imagine it's MUCH weaker than essence. I have some and although I don't use it for cooking much, on its own, it smells and tastes extremely faintly of coconut.

Is this bait?

No, the taste isn't that strong at all. If you wanted coconut flavor in your cake, you'd have to add actual coconut or coconut essence.

Cool, thanks

No, look it up, recommended internet-wide. Seriously works great.

can confirm lube
also great for long hair to get rid of knots
useful in making creams
good for any red spots on your skin as it will help the healing process

coconut oil is nutritionally equivalent to olive oil. Idk where the 'healthy' thing comes from. Butter is a better option than both if you care about calories.

It's pretty flavorless and spreads well in the pan so you don't need to use mutch. Use whenever that sounds appealing idk.

I use it for everything and im in ketosis i see my doctor once a month and im more healthy now but dont get viva labs coconut oil it smells good but the taste is soap... Also extra virgin coconut oil is fucking cocaine same with the butter

It's 90% artery clogging saturated fat, higher than butter or lard. Saturated fat raises LDL 'bad cholersterol' levels. However it contains very high levels of lauric acid which raise HDL "good cholesterol", and medium chain fatty acids which have a shitload of health benefits.

It isn't hydrogenated (trans fats), so is not the really bad kind of saturated fat, but it's worth avoiding super discount coconut oil to avoid possible hydrogenated fat.

It tastes pretty good. I use it with honey, sugar and cinnamon for toasting oats. The smoke point is very high so it's good for any kind of cooking.

I think it could potentially be unhealthy to eat a lot of it though, don't go Mediterranean olive oil style with it. There isn't a consensus. Like all food i think the healthiest option is to have a wide and varied diet, olive oil, butter, peanut, rice bran, canola, coconut, sesame oil.

It's nutritionally very different to olive oil. Butter is not a 'better' option at all except being delicious.

I just fucked my gf in the ass using coconut oil as lube. No shit

>Saturated fat raises LDL

no longer clear.

Forget healthiness. Focus on flavor. Coconut oil is light and and with a cool mouth feel.

Best thing to use coco oil for is home made peanut butter. I grind my own peanuts at my grocery store, and then I mix the pure peanut paste with some coco oil, honey, salt, and if I want it sweeter, brown sugar. Easily the best peanut butter in the world because when you leave it in the fridge, it flakes deliciously like some kind of amazing candy. And it really does taste like candy, just because coco oil gives the illusion of tasting sweet.

Depends, basic coconut oil not much flavor, but if you get extra virgin coconut oil it absolutely imparts a coconut flavor, fairly persistently. If you want a coconut cake though you'd probably still want to add coconut/coconut flavoring though.

unrefined has much more Coconut flavor than refined.

Sauteed mushrooms in coconut oil were surprisingly good. Not everything works with C oil though.

Ba dum tish!

>Butter is not a 'better' option at all except being delicious.
it has lower calorie content at equivalent volume.
a tbsp of butter is roughly 100cal. A tbsp of olive or coconut oil is 120.

Googled it. The first result was "4 reasons NOT to use coconut oil as lube".

I bought a jar of refined coconut oil for about $8 because I wanted to use it for making pop corn. It's nearly empty now and I saw this cheap shit plastic bottle of coconut oil for about $2.50 so I bought it.

Only problem is, the stuff out of the jar was workable with a spoon, the cheap stuff in the plastic container is rock hard

Do I need to put it out in the sun or something before i use it? I don't live in the tropics

Those four reasons are all bullshit and the company that wrote that article got called out on it in the comments. They revised their position, acknowledged that the only downside to coconut oil lube is when used in conjunction with condoms (true of any oil lube) and started making a coconut oil lube in response to the demand.

I respect your instinct not to click obvious clickbait, but you really needed to do that this time.

btfo

Put it in a bowl of hot water

I'll try that, I was just wondering why it's rock hard yet the other refined stuff I had in the jar was easily scraped with a spoon. Perhaps different refining processes.

Different fatty acid saturation

i was about to look stuff up and argue with you but fuck it i love butter, butter is the best. Keep on eating and recommending it, im wit u

Thank you for making things clearer.

Gf and I use it for lube, not only does it work better, but it's way cheaper.

I hear you can use it for lube.

it's so fucking watery though when it gets heated, may as well use water for lube

Water isn't oily.

Not him but yes it is

I used coconut oil to fap purely because I had a fuck tonne of it and was too poor to buy anything else for over a year

I guarantee you coconut oil is shit fucking lube because as soon as you get some friction it basically turns to water without any oil, I couldn't fap without getting irritated skin as if I was using no lube at all or attempting to use fucking water or something as a lube

Olive oil even had much better lubricant qualities because it actually maintained the oily texture

Coconut oil just turned to nothing within 60 seconds

Probably not the discussion this thread was meant for but just giving my 2c of using coconut oil for lube for over a year and now gladly using other lubes

I just bought some coconut oil and slathered my dick and balls with it. I liked it. Thank you, Veeky Forums.

it's bait. coconut oil makes for shit lube

you're just going to clog the pores around your dick and get crotch acne. it also disrupts pussy equillibrium, if one is into that.

water isn't oil, you idiot. i don't know what it is you don't understand, but if you wash your face and allow it to dry naturally your skin will be drier than it was prior to washing

i second this
smells lovely and not greasy!

it smells like acrid vomit

you have some whack as count oil nigga

i am neither an oil aficionado nor a coconut buff. i would not say any part of the coconut is worth the hype, they are but foul orbs of discord. fuck zico

Good lubricant, only safe with non-latex condoms.

It works great for blisters, especially canker sores.

Put it in your hair for a while before showering. It's a good moisturizer