Came across this gem

Came across this gem.

Having some trouble parsing specific data.

Whattaya' think?

Other urls found in this thread:

businesswire.com/news/home/20160524006209/en/Ink-Announces-Advanced-Color-ePaper-Breakthrough-Technology
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Good Shepherd (episode)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>¥=
I'm solving for the Japanese Yen??

I think it has something to do with Bitcoin.

the "ae" form near the middle is nearly identical to a band logo design for the electronic music group "Autechre", that they used more regularly about 15 years ago.

In fact it's so similar that I want more context on the image, and I wonder if Autechre or their logo designer was aware of this (if it preceded the late 90s). image looks like Star Trek: TNG, like Shut Up Wesley's homework or something.

>posting homework on Veeky Forums
Nice try, Wes.

Color e-ink, we could build these things now.

I'm not against it but I'm more interested in faster blanking so that they can be used as a live pencil-and-paper replacement. Add the level of stylus detail (pressure, angle) that you get from an art tablet. I also really would like a folding two-page ebook reader that allows you to pin one page and continue flipping through the book on the other.

First equation: expression for the radius of an elliptical orbit at apoapsis
Omega: ... has something to do with energy
Gamma (or that weird y thing) has something to do with specific angular momentum
Third: Just a statement regarding the velocity
Beta is an expression for eccentricity of the orbit
And the very last equation is the same as the very first.

Anyone recognize that square clover-like symbol on the bottom line?

Surprisingly, all of these equations are exactly correct, with some different symbology.
That's all very basic orbital mechanics, but I find it cool that it was in Star Trek.

>⌘2
wew

U+2318 PLACE OF INTEREST SIGN

I dunno, but it's probably just more star trek bullshit like "stardates" and "subspace"
>ST: voyager
>episode about aliens invade peoples nightmares
>7 of 9 lures harry kim into a jefferies tube
>pins him against the wall
>"resistance is futile"
>make out

fuuuuck, that shit was hot

>fuuuuck, that shit was hot
Harry woke up screaming like it was his worst nightmare in the next scene.

>>Color e-ink
businesswire.com/news/home/20160524006209/en/Ink-Announces-Advanced-Color-ePaper-Breakthrough-Technology

What episode is this from?

>ae
But thats obviously an æ. I bet you can't even pronounce it

If you check OPs title it mentions the "theory" some kid is trying to disprove in the episode called "Good Shepherd" from Star Trek: Voyager.
As the scene goes, he's some anti-social math whiz and Tom Paris walks over.
..asks him what he's doing and the kid says he's trying to disprove Schletzholt's theory of multiple big bangs.
Tom says "Interesting.." and then the smug kid says "What about it do you find interesting?"
Tom looks at the PADD and it shows OPs shot, to which Tom turns to him and says "Your clever usage of the minus sign."
>also they kept talking of "Wang's second postulate" as the reason against it's disproval

Underrated post that the whole of Veeky Forums should be ashamed for not replying to

I think this is from the episode "The Good Shepherd" (maybe OP can confirm), which first aired in 2000 (two years after Autechre first used the logo).
It's possible that its appearance here is a reference to Autechre.

I always wanted an LCARS layout or theme for my PC growing up.

Sigh

I can't confirm that but I can supply some fun facts from the Trek wiki.
>memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Good Shepherd (episode)
>The equations shown when Tom Paris checks the PADD which Crewman Harren had been working on are adapted from Fundamentals of Astrodynamics by Bate, Mueller and White. Several symbols have been added and or changed. They can be found in the Example Problem in section 1.11.