Foods that is absolutely normal in your country, but people find disgusting

Foods that is absolutely normal in your country, but people find disgusting.

Brazilian here. Love them juicy chicken hearts!

Peanut butter desu

how do you prepare them properly? I mean beside grilling them?

Why on earth would anyone find that disgusting? I grill chicken hearts and I'm an amerifag.

actually a lot of people don't understand PB&J sandwiches, like it's not a good combo

Grlling is definetely the best prep. You can simmer them with lots of onion and garlic. Let them take their time, somewhat like 40 to 50 minutes in low heat. Finish it with parsley and serve with white rice.

Andouille is pig intestines and apparently people outside my region don't like it or its smell like the filthy plebs they are

Buckwheat? Really newbie-friendly grains, harder to fuck up than boiled rice. Stir-fry with anything, voilà

No no, I understand the grilling way is best way, but how do you prepare them beforehand? Marinade them? How to spice em up?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I marinade mine in wine then stick 'em on skewers and grill. They're red meat so you can season them like any other red meat. I alternate between using teriyaki sauce, plain 'ol salt and pepper, BBQ rub/sauce, and cajun seasoning.

Coarse salt and black pepper. That's the best way. You can marinade them in lime juice with some fresh herbs, if it pleases you. Cilantro is a pretty good choice.

I've heard about this (or maybe is was andouillette, not sure what the difference is) and they do say it smell "a little, but, not to much like shit." I've eaten natural casing hot dogs/sausages. Why the difference? It is because it includes parts nearer the rectum?

thanks a lot anons

I've actually thought about preparing buckwheat in various ways for breakfast, because of the high protein content. How would you compare it to oats for ease of cooking and versatility.

I can't really answer that since I like the smell myself (and no I do not like the smell of shit)

I don't think there's a difference, andouillette simply means small andouille and nowadays it's just a variant (andouillette is only consumed cooked though I believe)

A standard cheeseburger.
I don't get how people don't understand that 2 patties and below is a snack.
(inb4 multiple burgers, but why have empty calories in the buns?)

fucking wretched, i blame the scots

>Why the difference?

Andollie can mean many different things depending on the region. For example, Cajun andoullie is a sausage made from pork meat which is then smoked.

But the version that is being mentioned here is literally stuffed with intestines (and sometimes tripe). It's not just the casing: the filling of the sausage is intestine and/or tripe.

>versatility
It's bad in sweet dishes.
>ease of cooking
like oats, it can be "cooked" even with just water overnight, although the taste is funny. Cheaper price of shredded grain as opposed to whole grain is not worth it, really easy to go overboard with water and make a sloppy mess, and here goes the easiness of preparing.

They're tasty, but there is definitely a musky undertone that you'd sort of expect from marinating something in shit for several years.

They're found in cuisines around the world.

One of the most common sandwichs spreads, lightly smoked and salty cod roe.

In this brands commercials they let people from other countries test it and they only show how disliked it is by them

Is it anything like taramasalata because if so just aim it at my face and stamp on the tube.

I have no idea. Never tasted taramasalata, sorry

Tried it before, I found it way too smoky to eat more than a few bites.

This shit in general.

Oh, never heard of somone thinking it was too smokey. Perhaps you tasted a brand that smoked it harder than usual.
I love the stuff, could eat it every day for the rest of my life.

When I was a kid a fucking hair came out, so I haven't eaten it since.

Although, I wouldn't eat it anymore anyway.

I'm an American and I love chicken hearts, they're like delicious meat popcorn.

min neger

That depends on the size of the patty though.

Andouille and andouillette smell terrible to me, like an old smoker mouthbreathing. Never had it in me to taste that.
People who eat it keep telling me it smells way worse than it tastes though.

"Herring under a fur coat" salad

I can't stand chicken hearts because they melt in your mouth like sand.

Only if you overcook the piss out of them

Tacos de tripa.. Quite common in Mexico but here in the us someone has to be a "diehard mexican" to eat them

That looks like it could be really good actually.

People in the US would enjoy organ meats more if our source wasn't crowded shitcovered birds.. your pic looks absolutely delicious

Not the original guy but if you take the flour, 1 egg per 2 cups, a can of coconut milk 2tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt you've got yourself buckwheat pancakes.. these things pack around 750 cals each and taste so good you'll want another.. as for the groats make sure you sprout them before cooking.. they pair nicely with just about anything beans or rice would pair with

Also many gluten intolerant peoples like buckwheat because it isn't a grain, it has many of the properties of grains but is actually the fruit of a seed, on a plant with some nice flowers :)

I think that is best reworded as:

>>People in the US would enjoy organ meats more if they grew up exposed to them instead of fast food and boxed dinners.

I've never had them Brazillian stye but I've been to a couple of places in Japan that are famous for their organ yakitori. Heart has a shitty texture

B-bbbbut mah tendies!!!!!!1

i want to try, will get a tube next time ill be ikea

пздц нy зaчeм

beats salad

Haggis! heart, liver and lungs minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt.
Could eat it every day.

You can buy fried chicken livers at the Wal-Mart here. Americans eat plenty of organ meats.

I puked a little. what country?

You're on an English-language food board but you aren't aware that Haggis is Scottish? How is that possible?

>not knowing where Haggis is from

>Haggis
>"what country"

What the fuck?

Even Americans know about Haggis.

I live in an area filled with latinos, blacks, and jews and they'd know fucking Haggis is Scottish. Or at least British.

>what country?

American detected.

outsiders will never understand

I forgot to add that its then wrapped up in the stomach of the sheep, Usually served with mashed potatos and mashed turnip, Delicious!

I didnt want to trigger you anons, sorry for that. I was only suprised people are willing to put this in to their mouths and actually enjoy it czechia fag here but I always wanted to live in the usa

I don't know man. I'm an americlap and my friends/family are reasonably well travelled and adventurous and for the life of me I can't get them to eat most of the organ meat I make. Dad will eat my grilled chicken hearts and everyone liked pate until I told them what it was. They'll eat the fuck out of the sausages I make, but won't touch liver.

Person I find tripe vile, but I'm white as fuck.

All of my foreign friends rated this meal in range "very strange" to "I will never taste this," lol

Irony here is I can't handle most organ meats but love tripe. Chinky as fuck.

%%Kholodets%%

Poutine > american junkfood

racitura

You can come live me user.

Maybe it's more of a Cajun thing but I haven't met a lot of people outside of the South that like them.

I tried it once with some Russian friends during new year. It looks weird, but other than that it was great.

Canadians food standards are set so high that most things we consider "gross" are illegal (haggis etc)

What is truely disgusting are the petroleum bi products we allow in our food. Many artificial colours and flavours (even natural colours and flavours) have such sickening origins it makes cured and cooked livestock guts seem great.

Pink Slime and processed """""cheese""""" singles are some great examples of terrible western food practices.

This.

What I find ironic is that someone will turn their nose up at offal dishes but will for some odd reason have no problem cramming their facehole with chicken nuggets, pink slime hamburger patties, cheese-like powder with their Kraft Dinner, and so on.

>be britbong
>all food is seemingly made with 'natural' flavourings
>assume it's a meaningless marketing term
>see some pop tarts in Tesco
> "made from natural and artificial favourings"

How is this possible gusy?

PNW fag here.

I have not met a single person who doesn't like crawfish

>How is this possible gusy?

There are multiple flavoring ingredients added to the food in question. At least one of them was artificial. At least one more was "natural".

People from Vienna reading this should go to Elvira's asap and eat it. I fucking love this shit. I would order a vodka 'Für Erwachsene bitte' to wash it down. Fucking delicious!

Because offal tastes terrible (ie not like meat)

what the fuck would a vodka for kids be

a russian vodka

forgot my picture for post some of you autist think that tripe (tripas) is childsplay as far as strange foods go. Most normies just see the "eating the poop chute" aspic of it.

I twinged a bit reading this, but I'd actually try it.
The bane of my existence is those tiny cabbage fucks, I think it's Brussels sprouts.
I swear they are the devil's own nutsack

This is literally 60's American cooking
Or somewhere around there where gelatinous cooking was the rage

Mansura parish reporting.
I've only known people from the north east of the states to hate boils.
Everything west of here devours it

We eat them in Sweden, but we cook them in dill and eat them luke warm

that's some crappy looking boudin

My experience suggests that most non-americans don't really know what root beer is, and when I've brought some along they didn't particularly like it.

Root beer is delicious, but never get BARQ'S they have the worst root beer I've ever tasted.

No worries my man, I come from a trueblooded A&W family.

Brain sandwich. Fried calf's brains onna bun. It's not as popular as it used to be, but it's still hanging around in some regions of the Midwest.

Would eat, Have had others types of heart tbqh.

t. brit

have eaten, would NOT eat again. Definitely aware that shit has passed through them.

woul eat, but that doesn't look great.

vile.

looks a bit shit, not unpleasant, just not v. well made.

mmmm good stuff

nope

bland meme

not at all weird.

I imagine mad cow largely killed the market. I'd give it a try, though.

I like A&W as well as MUG, but never Barqs. Barqs is the RC Cola of rootbeers

Alright, we were in agreement until you insulted the best cola they sell.

RC Cola is the Wendy's of soda.

Sure, nothing wrong with that, it's a lot better than being the BK of soda.

I understand and appreciate the greatness of A&W, but fucking MUG? That stuff is the worst. Flat bubblegum in a bottle. And then you insult Barq's. I like Barq's a lot for its bite, and have a similar regard for Dad's.

I can totally understand people who don't like Barq's. But preferring Mug? That's some pansy bullshit right there.

Pig kokorec

pig heart and liver pâté. The world just isn't ready.

I'm a retard.

Pig fucking disgusting. Multiple small patties increases the char flavor. Too big of a patty can never be cooked right, you'll either get rubber on the outside and red slime on the inside or one uniform soggy flavorless lump. At that point you might as well just make a kotlet.

Fatass lard boy detected everybody holy fuck goddamn son

I live in a shitty midwest state so I can't really get them easily, but I could fucking eat crawfish almost every fucking day if I had the chance.

For the record
"Natural flavouring" can be rodent butthole, they figured out rodent buttholes can smell sweet treated properly.
implying wendys isnt the Cadillac of fast food