Taco Thread

What do you do to your tacos to make them the best?

Toppings, spices, etc.

Doing beef tonight. 80/20 or 90/10?

>What do you do to your tacos to make them the best?

Your mum usually has me warm her up with some cunninglingus.

What is up with Norwegians and Taco Night?

90/10
it's not a burger

my aunt always added a jar of tostitos mild salsa while she was cooking the ground beef. Not too bad.

If you're using hard corn tacos, you need dry meat sauce, fresh cut iceberg lettuce, cheddar cheese grated and some sour cream. Then a harsh taco bell sauce.

90/10, instead of adding water use v8. It will change your perspective of the crunchy taco.

I make a sauce that's just cilantro lime juice chipotles in adobo and sour cream in a blender

First the tacos in your pic are trash. Hard shells are garbage. If you want a hard shell get corn tortillas and fry them into shape yourself. Second why the fuck is there just loose lettuce and tomato? Make some god damn pico de gallo, third (I don't give a fuck what anyone says) sour cream is awesome, or avocado, don't need both though. Adobo sauce is good as fuck on them too. Cheddar is okay but quest fresco is better or manchego or honestly most of the various cheap mexican cheeses are good. I guess that basically sums it up.

>anything but soft corn tortillas, meat, onions and cilantro, with lime wedges and hot sauce on the side

What the fuck does 80/20 mean? I've never heard that shit.

That sounds fucking delicious!

You're drunk

>everything other than my very specific preference is objectively wrong
Literal autism

It is the meat to fat ratio of the meat. The larger the first number, the less fat percentage in the meat.

80/20 ratio of what? beef/pork or meat/fat ?

I as always get like 70/30 cause it's the cheapest.

You're just gonna drain the fat anyway right?

>everything other than soft corn tortillas, meat, onions and cilantro, with lime wedges and hot sauce on the side is NOT A FUCKING TACO
FTFY

Frying your own corn tortillia into a taco shell is the tits. Keep them light. You can salt if you want or even sprinkle some parmasan on them or both.

>hard shell
>ground beef
Puke

Anyone god a recipe to swear by for beef that isn't ground beef?

I've always cooked my tacos with ground beef and I'm starting to get sick of it. I'll try fish tacos but I was curious about slow cooking some cheap piece of beef to get that carnitas style tacos.

Spice the fuck out of a nice steak. Totally cover it in salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, paprika, adobo spice, etc. Squeeze some limes on top while its cooking, rest it and cube it up.

>beef
>carnitas
Just Google carne asada recipe.

If you want pulled meat throw a pork butt or a chuck roast in a crockpot for like 10-20 hours, the meat will be literally falling apart and make delicious tacos (seasoned appropriately of course).

Or get whatever (preferably fatty) beef, pork, chicken, fish, goat, lamb, whatever, chop it up and fry it. Beef tongue also makes fucking GOAT tacos. Or grill meat and slice/chop it.

Ey I'm making tacos tonight too
Picked up a pound of 90/10 ground sirloin. Shit's gonna be good.
Also, for seasoning and sauce, old el paso or die

>cheap piece of beef to get that carnitas style tacos.

Carnitas is pork you fuckwit

I clicked this thread specifically for this guaranteed autism.

Buy those frozen fillet of fish, cook them then put one in a corn tortilla with some tarter sauce and cole slaw and wa la.

No seriously though lettuce and amerixan cheese and mayo is good too. Taste like mcdonals fillet o fish.

Thanks Veeky Forums I just remembered it's taco tuesday down at this local joint near my house. They have this salsa that's really some good ass shit.

>is good
>Taste like mcdonals

Pick one.