Saturated Fat

Is saturated fat good or bad?

It's basically animal fat. We are animals. So there's that.

Of course, too much fat is never good. But I don't believe saturated fat is the Hitler of nutrition.

too much of it is bad, not too much of it is good, like water, or cats.

so whats the hitler of nutrition?
sugar?

no, veganism

is it? how bad is veganism?

it's pretty bad man, pretty bad. the personality never recovers from it

but from a dietary perspective
is it bad?

Something tells me there's something in between good and bad

well you quit gaining the powers of the animals you're not eating

i'm serious

I'm not?

no

Check out reddit.com/u/frigocoder. He'll tell you why veganism is bad and why keto and saturated fat are good.

>keto
keto? what's that? keto diet?

Low or no carb diet. High in fat (especially the saturated kind) and protein. Usually under 60g carbs per day. Your body uses ketones as a source of energy instead of glucose.

that's the atkins diet, right?
what about my fiber?

To aid your research, use redditcommentsearch.com. Type in keywords you're interested in and there'll be huge comments with in-depth explanations supported by solid scientific research (not observational studies).

The only bad fats are transfats, those are the ones that will fuck your shit up and cause you to get a heart attack. The others are fine but you might become a fatty bumbum if you eat too much of it.

Trans fats are a bi product of many food industry methods of transforming unsaturated fats into saturated fats by catalysis. They are becoming banned in the EU, but americlaps might be eating solid poison for longer because of your fucked up free markets.

>because of your fucked up free markets.
I'm brazillian.
Also, Omega 6s are bad, no?

Omega-6 is not bad. In fact, it's an essential fatty acid. There is some evidence suggesting that a high Omega-6:Omega-3 ratio could be harmful.

Fiber is not an essential nutrient.

Yeah yeah, that's what I heard.
That lots of omega 6 and very little omega 3 is harmful.
but omega 3 is so hard to come by.
i eat flaxseeds to get my omega 3, but flax seeds are expensive, taste like shit, and you have to grind the motherfuckers.

On top of all that, you are not even getting adequate amounts of Omega-3. Plant-based sources of Omega-3 come in the form of ALA, which is not an essential fatty acid. DHA+EPA are essential, and the body needs to convert ALA to DHA+EPA. The conversion rate is very low, below 5% for men. Furthermore, there is some evidence that suggests that consuming large amounts of ALA can cause eye problems in the long-term.

WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THE FUCKING OMEGA 3 THEN

Good or bad... for what?
Health?
Tallow Lamps?
Tanning Leather?
Speak up.

health

>too much fat is never good
No way! Too much of something is bad? Holy shit someone call the presses! OMG THIS GUY IS A GENUIS.

If you're active, a little saturation is ok.
The health effects are overhyped.
I like to think of health in general in terms of cancer.
Either it can kill you motivate you to use the rest of your life in a way that has meaning.
True for everything else as well.

This comment brought to you by Tindyman's Carpet.
But Tidyman's, or I'll kill you.

you know, for a person capable of reading (or at least copy-pasting), you sure are sperging out really hard on a small portion of that user's claim

Have a source for that last statement?

If you eat a balanced diet consisting of lots of different vegetables, good quality animal products, complex carbs, fruit and nuts, and you eat no processed garbage, refined grains/oils, added sugar etc you don't really need to worry about saturated fats and cholesterol

t. not a doctor

seconded.

>Is saturated fat good or bad?
yes

Saturated fat is essential for testosterone production.

>le balanced diet maymay

retard

>hitler of nutrition

Processed sugars

(other) processed carbs are the Mussolini of nutrition

Eat fish.

I suggest a helium tank

No, use nitrogen instead. Less valuable.