He uses the Oxford comma in a sequence longer than three

>he uses the Oxford comma in a sequence longer than three

Fight me, faggot.

>writing sequences longer than 3 in sentence form

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
But seriously, you're wrong.

>I have to go to the store for some eggs, milk, bread, cheese.
Sounds wrong.

>I have to go to the store for some eggs, milk, bread and cheese.
Sounds like bread-and-cheese is some sort of fucked up single item.

>I have to go to the store for some eggs, milk, bread, and cheese.
Ah perfect.

Faggot.

> that kid who, on the first day of class, asks the prof about his stance on the oxford comma

>EVER not using the Oxford comma

You are scum; you slithered out of your mother's filth.

> using commas
Normans depart rooooooooooooooooooooo!

Okay, maybe three is a low cut-off. But it looks and sounds weird in particularly long sequencies where the latter two are better to be rolled out in a single parse as opposed to disjointing them when the former still grammatically correct.

And then there's THIS asshole.

Oxford comma is love, Oxford comma is life.

Get rekt illiterates.

>all these typos on Veeky Forums of all places

Fucking phone.

>Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
This little gnome cares

Only women cares about muh commas. Literal cuckold tier for nu males and feminists

Elements of Style says to put a comma after every part of the sequence but the last one in any list three or longer.

Checkmate non-serial-comma-using fags.

Elements of Style is an obsolete etiquette manual for middlebrow fuckheads who want to pretend to themselves they're Ivy caliber. Educated men and highbrows create their own style.

the only reason the oxford comma was dropped was so that newspapers could save on ink. that's also why stuff like chris's became chris'.

I for one fuck up some commas

Oxford comma is love, Oxford comma is life and Oxford comma is something nobody gives a fuck about.

>Hi, I just today learned what an Oxford Comma is, probably because I heard that Vampire Weekend song.

You're wrong, user.

>I have to go to the store for some eggs, milk, bread, cheese, adult diapers, party hats, whips, chains, infrared film and baking soda.

>I have to go to the store for some eggs, milk, bread, cheese, adult diapers, party hats, whips, chains, infrared film, and baking soda.

The first one implies infrared film and baking soda are somehow linked. And while in my particular story they are, it's more enjoyable if you put the pieces together yourself with proper grammar.

I jut write until I've completed a full page, never using any commas whatsoever. Then I grab a handful of commas and just throw them onto the page, fucking everywhere, just let them land wherever I don't give a fuck

tussssss

In literature, sure. Not in academic, scientific, legal, or journalistic writing.

But doing away with the last comma isn't IMproper, user. And getting rid of it opens new territory for exciting parallels! THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES

>modern journalism having any valid formal merit; implying it's not 100% McCarthyian sensationalist bullshit for clicks and upjerks

>he uses punctuation

plebeian detected

Sounds like you read the wrong sources.

quit shitposting McCarthy, you have books to finish

>he unironically doesn't use the Oxford comma every time

Why do you enjoy being wrong?

Thank you, user.

congrats on having the same thoughts on journalism as my grandma

>There is no consensus about the use of punctuation

ENGLISH, EVERYBODY

>insulting your grandma
>insulting your seemingly wise grandma
I hope when World War III happens they build a trench just for you while everyone else gets to remotely pilot mechs.

Not that user but your grandma sounds patrish

Bragging about your use of the oxford comma or getting faux-mad about its absence makes me instantly hate a person. It's standard usage in american english so acting this way does not make you a special snowflake, it just makes you an obnoxious try hard.

No the consensus is to use blanket rules that don't perfectly suit every scenario but pretend they do because America