ITT ancient food memes: pre 2008

ITT ancient food memes: pre 2008

>honey mustard

Honey mustard is a forever meme, though.

Honey mustard that tastes more like mustard than honey is garbage.

This. The ones that are more dijon-focused are superior to the Crayola yellow colored ones.

Why don't you just dip your "tendies" in pure honey, you fat fuck?

Honey mustard is just plain gross.

Who ever thought mustard needed to be sweet? It's ridiculous.

>Eating cultivated wheat and other grains
>Not snagging salmon out of a river with your mouth, or chucking crude spears at buffalo

I rarely eat chicken tenders and never wanted to be apart of the "tendies" meme from like what, over a year ago?
At my old fast food job they had damn good honey mustard that had bacon lardons in it. Shit was dank. I used it for dipping their "handcrafted" jalapeƱo tots in.

Ancient memes user, not the prehistoric ones.

It's awesome, don't have any please so I can have it all. MOAR HONEY MUSTARD

Sidenote: brown mustard is absolute dogshit, and if you like it you fail at life.

ketchup is meme sauce

Have you ever dipped nuggets or tenders, hell even fried chicken in honey? It's actually really nice.

Sometimes I use hot sauce and honey together, that's even better.

Wrong viscosity.

Its so strange to me that hot sauce is the most common condiment. Honey is SO much better on fried chicken. I like some of the other sauces better on chicken tenders or nuggets but honey is best on fried chicken

I remember when everyone treated tofu like a 'meme food' when I was growing up.

Same with 'greek salads' with cranberries and feta, as well as 'oriental salads' with the oranges, sesame seeds, and teriyaki dressing. Oh, don't forget chicken ceasar salad!
Every place had a molten chocolate cake dusted with powdered sugar.
Putting sun-dried tomatoes in absolutely everything.
Hazelnut coffee.
Low carb burgers with lettuce for the bun.
Astronaut ice cream.
Crock-pot meal recipes.
Pesto.
Chardonnay, Merlot, and White Zinfandel
Balsamic drizzle on everything.
'loaded' nachos and baked potatoes.
Fat-free chips and low-fat variants of otherwise fatty snacks (WOW chips)

Man this is actually a fun thread, thanks for the nostalgia, OP. Pic related is a menu from the 90's rife with goofy fads. The main point is that we called them food fads, not 'memes' like all you slick 13 year old youngsters are doing.

srircha and honey is pretty great on fried chicken

>Really radical roll
>Yuppie Soup
>Awesome coolfish sal, man

Where did time go?

>Astronaut ice cream.
>meme

Fuck you

Were these an early forced meme?

Haha nice post reddit!

tang was also a meme

I'm glad the fad of putting bacon in every fucking thing back in the early 2010s has finally died down.

I didn't think it was possible to overrate bacon, but those fags found a way.

The teriyaki sauce with black cherries sound intriguing.
Do you reckon they used the cherries as a substitute for/in addition to sugar?

That isn't ancient, it is still a meme. I work in a fairly nice restaurant that averages about $60 a head and adults request honey mustard, even on their salads.

Yeah, and they're gross.

I agree with that at least.

But honey mustard is delicious, especially if it's made with Dijon mustard

I girl i used to fuck dipped her mcds nuggets in straight honey like she would order like 10 honey packs a la carte and would sit there with a fucking bowl and squeeze out every last pack before she could begin eating. I tried one bite of this unfortunate combination and i woildve thrown it up if it wasnt so bland. Why the fuck do you need to diabeetify your main entree of your meal when you have a soda in the side with 2 ounces sugar with it? Why not just toss in some sugar with your chicken breading?

theres too much variety on this menu, i wouldnt expect any one thing to be exceptional. The only thing missing is soy ginger chili honey chicken

Who knows. The 90's were the wild west for all kinds of weird fusion stuff that was really popular in America. We've mostly dialed it back, even going so far as seeking out "authentic American cuisine." Whatever the hell that means.

Swear to god the chocolate ones have crack in them

>not liking honey mustard
Kys

OMG YES MEME FOOD MEEEEEMES

I don't drink soda with meals, or hardly at all. Just water. Maybe you shouldn't fuck fat chicks user, then maybe you could enjoy honey on chicken.

Paninis were a 2007 meme

Remember when ciabatta was a meme?

>molten chocolate cake dusted with powdered sugar.
Good stuff
>Putting sun-dried tomatoes in absolutely everything.
Why wouldn't you? Haha, but really, they're delicous
>Hazelnut coffee.
10/10 stuff
>Low carb burgers with lettuce for the bun.
Never heard of this, sounds neat
>Astronaut ice cream.
Same as above, is it like freeze dried or something?
>Crock-pot meal recipes.
I honestly hate this, it's so easy to make crock pot food and its so nasty
>Pesto.
I like it but it needs tomato paste
>Chardonnay, Merlot, and White Zinfandel
Don't drink alchohol, wouldn't know
>Balsamic drizzle on everything.
Pretty good
>'loaded' nachos and baked potatoes.
So good
>Fat-free chips and low-fat variants of otherwise fatty snacks
Glad these exist

The ciabatta fad popped up all over fast food places and suddenly just vanished, just like the more recent pretzel bun/roll. RIP in peace cheesy bacon pretzel dog from Sonic ;_;

These gen z faggots don't realize that mcdonald used have honey for their nuggets and that chick-fil-a still has it

wraps
hazelnut sweetener
aspic
sugar free/fat free snack cakes
asiago cheese
polenta
ranch seasoning
whole grain wheat
frozen yogurt

hot tang in the winter is freaking awesome

Polenta is forever.

what's the story on this menu? it's great

>fine China
>silver flatware
>flower arrangements
>long, leisurely dining
>old-world wine

Society really has degenerated.

>ancient food memes
19290's-30's - dedicated hot dog/chili joints
1950's: drive in burger joints with waitress service (sometimes on roller skates)
1970's: Pizza Hut introduces middle America to pizza by seriously playing down its Ital;ian origin
1980's: sparkling water, raspberry sauce from a squeeze bottle, sushi, chicken nuggets, New Coke
1990's: chicken on pizza, chicken in Ceasar salad, chicken in Alfredo pasta, chicken in everything!
2000's: fucking turkey sandwiches

I remember, I always got honey on my McNuggets when I was little. I don't think it was really honey, probably just flavored corn syrup.

I don't know if they still have it, haven't been to McDolans for years

no, it's a meme food nigger.

People dipping and flavoring everything with ranch dressing.

chipotle as an ingredient was a meme in like 2006

What is this guy says

Meme sauce is the new chipotle

Steel cut oats

>1950's: drive in burger joints with waitress service (sometimes on roller skates)
My town still has an A&W like that, but they don't use roller skates.

I wish we could re-meem wraps. I still get them where I can.

Motherfucking MSG

I would try almost everything on this menu.
Are those 90's prices for a fu-fu fad restaurant?

I have honey beer battered chicken tenders in my freezer right now.
They're just slightly sweet and they're actually quite nice.
Thanks Tyson Farms!

Most pretzel buns/rolls tend to be too firm/hard to properly accompany the sandwiches they were a part of. Same for most of the ciabatta.

There are a couple 50's style diners around here and a local chain drive through.
B-Bops has pretty good burgers.
Our A&W is also a Long John Silvers.

I'm angry at LJS because those fuckers never ask me if I want sauce in the drive thru.

Mother fucker, if I just ordered fried fish for 4-8 people, I'm gonna want some fucking tartar sauce.
Fucking people out of sauce is not a good way to pinch pennies when they don't want to eat your food without it.

my sisters used to go nuts over this shit when we went to the children's museum.

didn't care for it.

>I'm angry at LJS because those fuckers never ask me if I want sauce in the drive thru.
So tell them you want sauce. You don't have to wait to be asked like a fucking autist.

>WOW Chips
That was a fucked up time. The second I had one at a friend's house I immediately knew something was wrong.
Aside from that, earlier in the 90s I don't remember anything being even remotely ethnic and people were just straight plebbing all the time. It's like the most exotic thing was mexican food.

RIP fondue

1980-2008

I actually went to this place when I was on vacation years ago with my family. It was honestly fucking awful

It's not even a meme, it's a gimmick. This is also very 2008 to me. Shitty in the same way.

bacon memes and bacon accessories were the lol so random meme of old

greek yogurt is getting old

cronut is old but not 2006 old

hah yes, turkey sandwiches
turkey sandiwches and Totinos pizzas

>slightly sweet

there you go, not glazed in liquid bee vomitus

Im a bit older than the "snapchat me bae" born in 1995 demographic.

Fuck off with your shit taste boomer. Deep fry some shit and glazed honey over it? I can eat chicken and waffles but chicken and honey is pure garbo pleb taste. The girl in question was white trash, fyi.

I eat fondue at least thrice a year.
T. Leaf

I don't think there's a mustard shortage, friend.

Water sommeliers

The 90s were trash

>ctrl + f
>no grapefruit
One of the original meme foods tbqh

>cheesecake factory

Perfectly embodies the first decade of the 21st century to me as well

Went there recently and everything was so.... stale. Grandiose dining rooms, oversized kitchen, excess of staff running around inefficiently, and a menu about 10 times too large and 2 times too expensive.

POUTINE.

>implying poutine is an ancient meme, pre-2010 I didn't know a single people talking about it out of Quebec.

what tendies are these???? They look really good

> implying life matters outside Canada.

I was there three days ago for my anniversary. Good times.

Oh my god neck yourself fucking faggot

He's right that Cheesecake Factory sucks you coalburning niggerlover.

Quebec has all kinds of different sweet mustard at hamburger/poutine joints. They;re used for corn dogs. I say all kinds, because it seems like each place tries to make their own custom sweet mustard. This one place, I

It's actually pretty good*

Fuck off and die you shitstain, I LOVE honey mustard

t. obese child

It's a scan from Menagerie in LA circa mid 90's. The restaurant seems to be long gone, though.

V A P O R W A V E

How the fuck can anyone seriously defend Cheesecake Factory? They make a bastardized verison of every food style America has ever bastardized. I didn't know it was possible to debase Italian or Asian cooking more until I went there. Might as well put ketchup on elbow noodles and call it pasta marinara.

>ketchup on elbow noodles and call it pasta marinara
Reminds me of Jacob Two-Two :')

A E S T H E T I C

thats because real cibatta is cheaper and so much better.

Holy shit, remember when McDonald's had oriental salads with the little oranges

Only black people like Cheesecake Factory. That's a very black-pandering restaurant.

I would be all over that sake oyster shooter

I..I like honey mustard, though. That sweet/tangy combo is everything.

Y'all need to get on some honey fried chicken. Shit is so cash.

Literally drive down to SC to get some of pic related.

When I occasionally make/get chicken waffles, I get honey instead of syrup. Much better that way

I've never seen more than 2 black tables at CF even during the dinner rush. It's a white establishment to the core.

I think you meant to say Red Lobster.

Was this even a Hanna-Barbera approved restaurant?

Adding to that, does anyone ever remember when Denny's used to cross-promote HB shit?

Holy shit, I'm not the only one who associates Cheesecake Factory with 2008?

Yeah, and the plates are named after Yogi characters.

Sucks that it's the last one open, and I doubt HB would allow a new franchise.

Forgot to post menu pic.