Tfw you correct one of your friends on how to pronounce "Gyro"

>tfw you correct one of your friends on how to pronounce "Gyro".
>tfw you're the only one who actually knows how to pronounce it and your dumbshit friends all pronounce it wrong.
>tfw they yell at you, thinking you're wrong, when you fuckin' aren't.
>tfw you know more about the food they eat, but they don't believe what you say because they're ignorant shits.

I need new friends.

New friends don't need you.

Tomato is a fruit kid detected.

who gives a shit

how'd you pronounce it then?
Isn't it j- i- ro?

Yhee-row. It takes a throat movement not common in English.

Yeah OP i hate it when people pronounce it Gyro and not Gyro

like that meme dinosaur?

you're probably the type who puts an extra emphasis when pronouncing words to make sure it sounds authentic as possible but you sound like a little faggot instead.

its actually pronounced Yu-Gi-Oh

I feel that pain, bro.
Yeah, you need new friends.
While people of different intelligence levels can be friends, it's difficult when you're friends with an idiot (or idiots) who think they're always right.
However, it's not proper etiquette to correct people's speech in front of others, so technically you were kind of being an ass. I understand the frustration, though. When people pronounce gyro wrong, it makes me want to punch them. I get the same feeling when people add "one" or "ones" to the end of their sentence, usually behind a demonstrative pronoun.

The pronunciation depends on what you're talking about. a compass gyro is pronounced completely differently than a meat gyro. I bet you're a sperg lord and think the meat gyro pronunciation applies to both.

does this trigger you?!?!!1

Why would ANYONE think that? One is a greek meat dish, the other is a fucking geographical tool. There's zero connection.

No, but that does tell me what kind of person you are.

literal autism

I asked native Greek speakers how to pronounce it and I've heard literally every possibility.. basically no one really fucking knows but I always call em Hee-roes with that throat shot someone mentioned

The connection is that in both cases the pronunciation of the word changed from its original language when it was Anglicized.

That doesn't happen in every case. Like in the word Gyro. Not all words change pronunciation when they become Anglicized.

Greek reporting in.

The word "Gyro" (γύρω) means 'around' and so words like gyrocopter or gyroscope derive in the same way.

Likely Cypriots pronounce it J-eeró but most Greeks use the gamma pronunciation, something like y-eeró but with a gh undertone to the y. Search up how gamma sounds like.

so technically "Gyro (gye-roh)" can be correct?

top kek

A double e or I would suit it but yeah

made me kek

>tfw some weewuz Greek fag corrects you on pronouncing his meme food when you just wanted a donair anyways

jy row copter

It's almost as if English is a terrible language

Does yogurt get pronounced different when it's Greek? Is it like oy-hhhhrurt?

>mfw I know how to pronounce it
>I intentional say it wrong to piss people off
>mfw I have no face
One of my friends likes to be that asshole and correct people all the fucking time.

As opposed to you, that asshole who does silly things on purpose to piss people off?

That asshole that hates it when someone pisses off the asshole detected

Y(gh)-a-oú-r(rolled rho)-tî

I don't mind assholes getting pissed off.

I just don't see the point in doing something whose intent is to piss off people in general.

they probably know how to say it right, they just love to saw it wrong and then roast your autistic ass after