Shit science question time!

Shit science question time!
Okay here's the deal: about 4-5 minutes before feeling a very compelling desire to take a shit I get this hyper focus. Suddenly reading some new wikipedia article, learning something new, studying on something usually boring and mundane becomes extremely interesting to me.
After taking the said shit, the focus is flushed down the toilet.
Is this phenomenon widespread? Does everyone feel like this? What's the science behind this?
>gotta go take a shit now

I have never heard of something so bizarre.
Maybe when you read interesting things you associate that feeling with taking a shit since you tend to read interesting stuff on the toilet?

have you thought that... being hyper focused and starting to learn something new makes you want to take a dump?

I think your shit may be giving you an anal orgasm, and you're all fucked up on oxytocin afterward.

You probably don't want to take the shit so it's like procrastination but with productive things, the inverse of the pure excess that shitting is

>he doesn't have a custom-made anal plug to stimulate those feelings whenever he wants

Well, I like to take a shit, no procrastination here

I get the exact same thing OP, thanks for making me feel not-weird.

Well, that means this is not an isolated case. I guess there should be scientific articles about this, if there are none, this is a great topic for research.

Holding your shit creates a situation in which you're delaying something and it feels good to delay things sometimes and so that's why I hold it when I'm at work a lot.

>4-5 minutes before feeling a very compelling desire to take a shit I get this hyper focus.

Holy shit I get this exact same thing user. When I'm on the toilet and before, I get all these ideas and 'inspiration' and I feel more focused but after I take a shit the feeling pretty much goes.

I thought I was the only one.

I get a similar feeling OP

Probably only happens because shitting feels good to you. Try asking people with hemorrhoids.

Minus the moronic wording, I support this theory, you are being inversely penetrated which is increasing chemical activity and obviously affecting your mental state.

That "theory" doesn't make much sense, really.

its an evolutionary advantage, think about it, your running around the forest, hunting some wolves or some shit, and all of a sudden your body realizes it has to take a dump, you cant just stop where you are out in the open and take a shit, a wolf will come eat you or something, you need to find a safe secure location to drop a load off, so your mind gets super focused to accomplish this task, once youve done your business of course you can take your time so the sense of hyper focus leaves you

DUDE buy a butplug that will give you the feeling of taking a shit all the time. rumors says that this was how Einstein discovered the law of special relativity

when you word it liek that . i kinda also agree on this somewhat. i think Veeky Forums might be on to somthing here. if this board would ever contribute anything to science it would had to be shit science anwyays

Ok i think i have a nice formulation of a theory surrounding this. i will just take a shit first and then will formulate it rigorously with mathematical notation.

I experience this feeling sometimes, its unpredictable, sometimes my focus is razor sharp, sometimes nothing.

any biologists/neuroscientists to comment?

I experience this in the exact opposite way, shittting makes me lazy

Well, i guess it's better that shitting makes you want to learn than vice versa.

This. I do this.

When I have to pee, suddenly I can focus on my studying. Same thing when I have to go to an event, or even better if I have to go to class. Suddenly I can focus on the studying now, but it's too late and that's the problem.

Side effect from authority figures using personal privacy as a reward for work.

Otherwise this is the only time your body produces adrenaline, to work up the muscles that push out shit. This happened to me when i got an office job. Go bicycling or jogging once a day to work those muscles all out.

Is is something like
>3am: Desire to work intensifiies
>shower: suddenly genius

It mystifies me how these things work.

>When I have to pee, suddenly I can focus on my studying
Something is distracting your subconscious mind from going "hugblahglabadabalagablogadog." You keep part of your mind busy with piss thoughts, allowing you to focus on something directly in front of you.

I also like theory. Out of curiosity hyper-focus poopers, are any of you modest or overly modest about your shitting (like could you take a dump in a public place, are you overly concerned with attention when shitting, or do you have concerns about others seeing you nude in general situations)?

If it's not evolutionary advantage or semi-distracted mind, then I wonder if it's trained into you. Like when your parents were potty training you ("focus on when you have to poop, Billy") or because you get uninterrupted quiet time when you poop (so your brain is all "now's my chance") or something else trained into you as being a good time to focus or something.

I think it has something to do with evolution. I am not modest about shitting, I like to take a good, rancid, smelly, giant shits. Of course I prefer my own toilet to public places. I have concerns about being seen naked, but that should be normal, I guess?

Yeah, think everyone knows that Feeling
It s just the Feeling like being Einstein ;D

OP, this is the correct answer.

Once you lose the chance to do something (ie, you have to stop working because you have to attend a meeting), you wish you could go back and do that thing. Taking a shit is like a gradient of this effect, where you slowly realize that in a few minutes you will not be able to continue studying. That encourages you to keep studiyng while you can. Similar to how if you know you're going out later in the night, you feel the ability and the urge to study before its time to leave.