I was brought up to believe that fruit smoothies are super healthy but my new significant other says exactly the...

I was brought up to believe that fruit smoothies are super healthy but my new significant other says exactly the opposite.
Who is correct?

Depends on what you're putting in it. If it's just water and fruit then it's fine.... Unless you're under the 'don't drink ur calories' meme.

>Who is correct?

Neither. The idea that a specific food is either "healthy" or "unhealthy" is silly. All foods have pros and cons. It's a person's diet as a whole which needs to be examined, not specific foods.

Smoothies are high in fiber (which is good), and have vitamins and such from the fruit.

They're low in fat. That could be good or bad depending on the rest of your diet. If you eat a lot of fatty foods, then that's a good thing. If you don't, it's a bad thing.

They're high in carbs/sugar. Again, that depends on the rest of your diet: depending on what else you eat it could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Smoothie after sleeping 8 hours while not drinking at all(obviously) = super DENK.. don't go to tropical smoothie or the like because you might as well go chug a 3 liter of faygo instead.. if you make them yourself then why the hell not? You're letting preparation do some of the work your body will be doing and in turn relieving some stress from your digestive tract while bolstering it with hydration and fibre, your gf should stick to slimfast if she can't see the benefits of fresh fruits.

They usually have too much sugar. green smoothies are where it's at.

Fruit smoothies are no worse than fruits. The only people who are opposed to fruit smoothies are people who still believe in the 80s momscience of glycemic index and the evils of insulin - usually obese low-carbers.

this.
just have a balanced diet and eat a bit of "everything" and don't go overboard on anything. also i wouldn't recommend skipping something entirely either.
there's most likely some exceptions

There are 3 litre bottles of faygo? Biggest I've seen was 2.5.

>my smoothies are not full of sugar, like tropical smoothie

At every southern VA dollar store

they are better than juice but worse than fruit.

You think all the sugars in tropical smoothies are from the fruit? They just add fruit flavored syrup and call that a fruit smoothie

How can fruit smoothies be unhealthy?

Americans think they are fat and diabetic because they're eating too much fruit and sugar, not because they eat too many burgers and spicy chicken wings. So they've developed this national neurosis that anything containing sugar is probably unhealthy, based on the faulty premise that sugar is unhealthy (which it is not)

I've made lots of smoothies and i've never added fruit flavored syrup to any of them. I don't even own fruit flavored syrup.

Fruit contains a lot of sugar, aka carbs. These days people are frantically scared of carbs.

Add a small amount of fruit juice/fruit, water, ice, and then add several packets of aspartame.

You get the fruity flavor and the sweetness, without the sugar.

I just put fruit and milk in mine, so yeah.

Didn't know of the paranoia.
Strange people.

Calories in/calories out nigger
You may be drinking more calories than you know

Women are stupid, ignore them.

Yeah me too. If i was eating 2 bananas and a few strawberries and a glass of milk i would consider that a healthy breakfast. So if its all mixed together why would it be unhealthy?

>new significant other

Just call her your girlfriend or your butt buddy.

i prefer to eat that fruit it's made of instead of drinking it. this way i will remember that it adds to my calorie intake and eat less. amerifats seem to forget that a lot.

This.

Whenever I hear women discussing nutrition I want to choke them to death.
They're so stupid it hurts.

>If i was eating 2 bananas and a few strawberries and a glass of milk i would consider that a healthy breakfast

And you would be totally wrong.
Does Veeky Forums know nothing about nutrition?

>he doesn't "get on" with women.

>fruit
Carbs aren't necessarily a bad thing.

They are not a good thing either.
Further, sugars, the majority of the carbs in question, are absolutely bad in the quantities you find in a smoothie even when only fruit is used.