What does Veeky Forums think of Ethiopian food?

What does Veeky Forums think of Ethiopian food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrrzSKo7xwE
youtube.com/watch?v=_O-bfN1cYBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it all boiled or simmered ? Out of all that shit on that plate desu id just pick the potatoes out of the bottom right and eat them

>in b4 some "joke" about something that happened in the 80s

The food is too spicy without the bread, and I hate injera. So.

Link related looks p comfy desu. I'd like to try it someday but don't know anywhere nearby that makes it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrrzSKo7xwE

>implying there isn't still food aid going into Ethipia by the ton
You can go donate to hungry chilluns right now in that shithole.
Spicy baby food, not bad , but I don't mind finger food.The bread is weird but I like it, nice and sour and unusual.

Look at this faggot who can't handle a little itty bitty bit of spice.

Ethiopian is pretty tasty. I love the bread it's like a sourdough crepe

Spicy curry-like dishes on funky tasting bread? What's not to like? Really the only somewhat challenging thing about it is that the bread is kinda sour, but the dishes are spiced to go with it so it works.

Bretty gud. There was a solid Ethiopian restaurant in the same city as my university, my friends and I would eat there pretty often. Like other anons said the curries are all quite spicy but the bread is weird (but good imo). Also the Ethiopian grandma that owned the restaurant was chill as fuck.

didn't we just have this thread?

the consensus seems to be most people hate the bread (spongey, sour pancake type thing) and the authentic spices (berbere) are gross and poorly coordinated

spouse won't eat it with me. he only likes the coffee

this is a case where americanized dishes are far better than the authentic stuff
my local one is considered not authentic enough by east african immigrants which means it's good lol

it's all stewed though there's lots of oil/butter

Mmm, I love it. Used to know a gal who would throw a huge Ethiopian potluck type deal in her backyard with lots of people. Was fun. My uncle and his friends would play live music too

There is lots of good African food. I'm murican btw

Ethiopian restaurants in America make me laugh. They charge top dollar for what is literal poverty food.

Colonialism BTFO

>They charge top dollar
Where? My local one, while small, is 10-12 for an entree. If you want the big variety plates for 2 people and a dessert it's gonna be $50 with tip.

>for what is literal poverty food.
Not really, the ingredients themselves aren't particularly cheap.

Fuckin great.

It's easy to make at home and most places don't go spicy enough. If the sour bread puts you off, sub roti or pitas. Hard boiled eggs are a good addition to wat.

Love spicy lentil stews.

Its Baller

I've never been to an Ethiopian restaurant in my life and I am currently staying in a poor, niggery part of town that has a lot of them so I was thinking about trying one out. What are some safe/go-to items to order that isn't vegan trash?

Confirmed for absolute shit taste, not only in food, but also in men.

NEITHER DID THE ETHIOPIANS
HAHAHAHA!

For someone with your palate I recommend some Hamburger Helper, Mt. Dew by the Side and a glass of Bleach to wash it all down.

oh you you've never been to one either but you want to make a snarky fuckface comment like a piece of niggershit that's cool bro

now fuck off and kill yourself with a pair of kitchen scissors

Injera is easily one of the weirdest foods I've ever eaten as far as texture is concerned. It doesn't even feel like bread.

mushy shit on spongy bread.

Cat vomit

It's not for everyone, but I love it. There's a reason why it's become one of the recent trendy cuisines in America. It's different, but pretty comforting if you're not weirded out by the bread.

Most of the African cuisine I've had has been North African, which is pretty damn great. But it's interesting sometimes when you have the opportunity to try "sub-saharan" foods. Of these, Ethiopian and perhaps some West African foods are the most popular in the States (the latter especially with people of Caribbean origin).

don't know how to make it and think finger food in public is inappropriate so never tried it

injera is sooooooooo fucking good. i had a few eritrian friends and every time i came over it was always awesome when they made fresh coffee and injera

Jamal, please.

It might put some people off, but I fucking love it. A nice mix of familiar Western flavors and more spicy ones.

Injera is the most kickass sourdough-crepe-pancake-pita ever, the variety is great, the italian deserts are great, the coffee is great

It's especially good if you're with a bunch of friends

The only thing good about it is leaving the sourdough

>No tacos, no pizza, no fries, no sandwiches

What a weird autistic opinion to have

there's a difference between things you eat with your hands and finger food, I mean finger food as in shit you literally use your fingers as a spoon to scoop up, that shit's gross and no one wants to watch others eat that way.

>I mean finger food as in shit you literally use your fingers as a spoon to scoop up

You appear to be unique in your definition user.

You appear to be Aspergers as fuck in your pedantry.

So people eating chips and salsa grosses you out?

no, but people eating salsa without chips or the aid of a spoon does

I'm not the person assigning a very obscure definition to a word that's commonly understood to mean anything that one eats with one's hands.

>I mean finger food as in shit you literally use your fingers as a spoon to scoop up
lol what the fuck? Who uses this as the definition for finger food?

So what in the fuck are you talking about?
Literally the first link on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=_O-bfN1cYBo

Very tasty and very filling if you eat a lot of injera.

However, its the only food to ever give me stomach pain. I'm not sure why, maybe the food was bad, or maybe I should have had more injera or maybe my body wasn't ready for the spices.

It only happened once out of the dozen or so times that I've had ethiopian food.

um, normal people, you should leave here sometime and talk to them

every picture i see of it looks like diarrhea. just honest assessment.

>judging man's character based on whether or not he likes injera
as for the rest, the traditional spice combo needed tweaking
it's no coincidence only people who grew up on it prefer it
authenticity is not an inherent good, snob user

Could be the teff flour itself, more injera probably wouldn't help. I haven't experienced this but heard similar stories.

Holy fuck that's still so expensive!
The place by my house charges around 10 USA bux for a huge veggie platter with all kinds of good shit and unlimited bandagebread. They also have beer for like 1.75

why does this video need to be made? it seems intuitive to me that if youre givven a bunch of spongy bread and a shit load of sauce, you use the bread to mop up that shit and eat it.

Never had it myself, but I hear the locals can't get enough of it.

I eat all of them with a fork and a knife.
Also hard shell is for plebs

halp

Kys

suck a dick nigger

>The place by my house charges around 10 USA bux for a huge veggie platter
>veggie
OK, that's why

What happened to that weirdo with the weird definition of finger food that found out he just didn't know how to eat the food

It looks like the kind of thing that has the same consistency when it comes in and when it comes out

3 out of the 4 things in that picture look like something my dog might throw up on the floor

I don't get this meme, it's one of the the most juvenile critiques possible.
>le stew is le poo!

Only made that distinction because I've never tried the meat there. I usually go with a group of friends and a couple of them are vegetarians.

I bet it's still really cheap though, they just don't have the prices listed online. We end up splitting the bill and paying maybe 5 USAfunbux apiece with drinks and tips included.

you asking us because no one in ethiopia knows what food is?

Pig disgusting.

Because theres a lot of people like dumbass