Non-textbook books

Any recommendations on books that aren't purely textbooks? I've been looking at pic to get ready for grad school.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!wYp2FIgC!-BfWKgWulnIvzJ-vHdSPqwNmRRBaPQNsNlTYZszBwCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the best intro to Category theory books.

I love this one. Soviet Union has a lot of fun books like this.

Have you found the book to be worth your while?

I haven't gone through it yet.

Is bottom left of that a troll

Yes, good eye

No it's not a "troll" you redditor

Is there a Soviet book based on Math? I want to try a Soviet book, but i have close to 0 knowledge about chemistry

"The chicken from Minsk" was written by a soviet I think

My man, I have a collection of math(and others sciences) from the Soviet. And this list keeps increasing every day.

I took "I've been looking at" a little too literally, I guess. Anyone else use this book to prepare?

Okay so i grabbed a bunch of pdfs, djvu and epubs, is there a recommended ereader which you all use?

Woah

Care to upload these in an archived format?

"mathematics made difficult"

There's even more of them if you pirate search "Physics Complete" 5.21 GB, there's also a link in the Veeky Forums google pages to tons.

Ignition!

upload it to mega; so we keep this list alive forever user!

You guys would have to wait, cause I got a shit internet. But I'll upload it on mega.

Here it is:
mega.nz/#!wYp2FIgC!-BfWKgWulnIvzJ-vHdSPqwNmRRBaPQNsNlTYZszBwCI
This file will be bigger the next month, anyway.

What a pointless endeavor. I bet you haven't even read/studied a single one of those books. You just like the idea of having them there so you could potentially start reading them any day - except you don't, and never do.

You couldn't even be so wrong, my dear user. Not only I did read some of those, I'm reading some right now(non-textbook: 107 chemistry stories[not there, but from soviet union], mathematical circle[with my little brother], you failed your math test, Comrade Einstein; textbook: some problem books on physics(that is in the physics folder), a course of mathematical analysis and problems in plane geometry). But it's okay, user, just because you don't read the many books you download, don't assume others do the same.

Different user here, I've collected books in the past without reading them, and as of the last year I've been starting a new collection of books while reading them. You should try the same instead of assuming everyone is as much of a failure as you and professing your wisdom as a failure. You can't improve someone else, but you can improve yourself.

Flat Land by Edwin Abbott Abbott...yes that right two last names =)

this was a nice read

crazy seeing how slow mathematical development really is compared to when its all just laid out in a definition-theorem-proof style book

and here's another good one, especially if you're feeling unmotivated/incomptent mathematically

For pdfs, I use FoxIt, pretty great after you tweak some settings. For epubs and mobis and whatever, you can use SumatraPDF.

>implying there can be too many book threads on Veeky Forums

How is it a troll? It's just a simple category.

sumatra

>Projecting this hard.
Kek

evince for pdfs & djvus and calibre for epubs on gahnoo forward slash linux.

sumatra. goes amazingly well with texnic center

GNU's less

;)

microkek

What's a good non textbook math book for someone who has a degree in math? Looking for some "light" reading this summer.

Any of Gardner's puzzle books.