ITT: Delis/Food counters

ITT: Delis/Food counters

This thread is comfy as fuck.

Delis with a couple of tables set up for the customers are the best.

was so pissed off when i got here and the sandwich was $20 and not even as large as i was told it would be

so many better delis on random corners of nyc

5$ for a philly on a 10inch sub with a can soda
4$ for an actual lamb gyro freshly cut off the roast spit and then roasted on the grill with veggies and oil topped with all the fresh salad options you could want and 50c for ala cart falafel.

Good thread

I live near an Indian Delhi

No one in my family ever took me to a deli and helped me figure out how it works. So oddly enough, I get anxious about the idea of trying it out for myself, like I'm not going to know what to do and make an ass of myself.

How did you all become familiar with delis, and how much food is appropriate to ask for? At a deli, would it be considered rude to ask for a recommendation, or should you come in knowing what you want?

My parents always cooked shit in the microwave, or at best, picked up from the packaged section of the grocery store. Going into a deli and trying some esoteric things seems neat to me, but I don't know what to do with it from there.

so an outhouse

>not having a kosher slicer

What's the point then?

>kikemeat

jews are so fucking picky

>joke
>you

yes I got the delhi part you streetshitter

This thread gave me assburgers

excellent sausage fest

There is no 'appropriate' amount bro, just go and tell what you want.

For instance, when I want olives I ask 250 or 400 grams.

It's the same deal with meat, nobody will judge you, don't worry about it. I don't even know why it would be 'rude' to ask for a recommendation. I do it a lot.

This. A good deli is like a good cheese shop. The workers at any proper deli are always happy to give recommendations and samples. They're competing aganist grocery stores and other conveniences. They thrive on personalized service and developing a rapport with their customers.

Yep, this 100%. It's not rude to ask for recommendations, that's what the people are there for. Just tell them what you want. You can ask for things by weight or by "count" (i.e. "can I get 20 slices of the smoked munester please")

holy shit a troll running a deli

This.

?Welp, my city is covered in water.
>Better grab a pastrami on rye before I loot some liquor stores.

>swedish knäckebröd on the bottom right
I like this place already

The point is to make them buy whole cuts at a time.

Whatsa mattah wi'that price for a gen-u-whine New Yawk deli sandwich, user? This ain't no Hicksville. You can't afford tha price then stay out the city!

>Chilly Willy Pork Belly Rapiers

is that the place from gta iv?

They have lots of delis in Pittsburgh. When I went there last, they were the only places I ate

That is not Brucie Kibitz

Katz Deli, Lower East Side Manhattan, on Ludlow and Houston. Down that street is a Rick Torisi and Mario Carbone restaurant named The Dirty French - which I promise will have Michelin stars come the October 15th.