Tfw hate the taste of cooked fish but love it raw

>tfw hate the taste of cooked fish but love it raw
Other than Mexican and Japanese, what other cuisines have a raw seafood culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Make-Lox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravlax
youtube.com/watch?v=YlTukY9fV9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inuit

Hawaii (poke), Italy (carpaccio), France (oysters), Nordics (smoked, cured, and fermented)

Peruvian ceviche is apparently good

most carnivorous fish cultures tend not to cook their food, so that might be a good place to start

I love both. Aguachile/ceviche is god tier but gimme a fried tilapia with a side of rice and beans and I'm licking the plate clean.

A lot of countries have an uncooked fish dish.

Japanese has sushi. Mexico has ceviche. And America has the filet-o-fish from McDonald's.

Koreans eat raw fish too

>ceviche
>raw

Don't give me that "chemically cooked" shit. You know damn well what we're talking about.

nobody has mentioned my favorite food

>raw

>Raw

wikihow.com/Make-Lox
Lox is uncooked.

Dutch

gravlax is god tier

I think you've just had badly/ over cooked fish that isn't very fresh.

cured salmon hnnnnnng

Yum, tasteless fish.

no onions?!

Danes have a few dishes, one of the more common ones is Gravlax / Gravad Laks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravlax

What most people here prefer is pickled herring in curry.

>I think you've just had badly/ over cooked fish that isn't very fresh.

I'm not OP but in a way I see where he's coming from. I like nearly all fish: raw, grilled, fried, you name it. But for whatever reason I despise most canned fish. Raw tuna? God tier. Tuna out of a can? Tastes and smells like rotten cat food. A fresh salmon steak grilled over a fire? Mouthgasm. Canned tuna? Blech.

I agree with you about standard canned tuna or salmon, but I canned some salmon that I smoked for around 2.5 hours that is great. Makes the best smoked salmon dip I've ever tasted.

It tastes like whatever you mix in the breading before you fry it.

>pickled herring in curry
youtube.com/watch?v=YlTukY9fV9Y

Right. Tasteless fish.