They've been like this for ten minutes. Should I up the heat (6/10) or just keep waiting?

They've been like this for ten minutes. Should I up the heat (6/10) or just keep waiting?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cuisinart-755-26GD-Classic-Stainless-Multi-Purpose/dp/B000ND5CAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475035020&sr=8-1.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck I just realized there are a ton of potatoes stuck to the bottom, I scraped them off and they're brown on the bottom. maybe ruined my wok. help me Veeky Forums

ya goofed.

I think they're ok now but wok might be gone

You can scrape it off in hot water and soap stop being melodramatic

What have I done

Can I still use this?

Looks great. That greasy shit is the best

I meant the part where I scraped off the coating. Is it still safe?

>using a nonstick wok
lol u done already fucked up

just put a bit of oil in it after you clean it

Oh shit son. Throw that away along with the potatoes. Enjoy eating teflon senpai

Well this day sucked. Thanks anons.

>scraping nonstick pans with anything metal

Please educate yourself about proper care of nonstick cookware beforehand next time you mong

>that pan on the left
I have two pans of the same brand. I think we're soulmates, OP. You're gonna be the bottom though.

Fuck nonstick cookware. Season some cast iron and enjoy the same effect.

No one told me about this, I don't even know what nonstick means.

This is bait.

Yes I ruined an entire pan to bait ck

Fuck off retard

You better hope that's actually the case, because it's not you're actually retarded.

and in the end you only played yourself

if it's*

Literally I was never told this. I just bought the first pan and wok on amazon. How was I supposed to know I can't even use metal on my cookware?

>starts off with "literally"
Ah, you're a chick right?

probably british. but they're all homosexual anyway.

i'm from california. sorry i wasn't born knowing everything

>using non-stick anything in the first place

>nonstick wok
What's the point? A wok is only good at temperatures too high for nonstick.

can you recommend a new one for me?

anything good for general frying vegetables/gravies/soup/oatmeal etc

well now you know next time to google care instructions before you use something

when I was in hs I fucked up a waffle iron by using non-stick spray on it a few times causing a buildup on it that basically won't dissolve, learned the lesson there to read up on shit before I do stuff like that

Get a pot and a skillet, both with lids. Ideally stainless steel but if that's too expensive then anodized aluminum. Nonstick can be fine when used correctly but you've shown that you're too retarded for that so you should should stay away from it for now.

You don't make oatmeal in a wok son.

Didn't have a pot.

I have a skillet but it's not really shallow enough to stirfry. I don't have a pot though, I should get that too.

>cancer and tastelessness can be fine when used correctly
Really makes you think.

>skillet not shallow enough for stir fry
nigga what

deep*

ok I got this one amazon.com/Cuisinart-755-26GD-Classic-Stainless-Multi-Purpose/dp/B000ND5CAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475035020&sr=8-1.

I believe I have rubbed steel implements on my nonstick skillet and tava but not enough to scrape off the coating. hopefully it's okay.

are there any other things I should know about that I might have missed? For example I didn't realize that if you put water in hot oil, the fact that water repels oil makes the oil splatter everywhere.

no dude, if you scrape off the black, youre fucking up.

Ok, that one seems decent.

Get a cheap generic carbon steel wok from a chinese restaurant supply shop or chinese supermarket. It's what everyone uses. It's like the one piece of cookware that the cheapest most basic option is the best. Just season it well.