This man thinks that the insights of theoretical computer science are as deep and as important in the endeavour of...

This man thinks that the insights of theoretical computer science are as deep and as important in the endeavour of understanding the universe as the ones of physics. According to him theoretical computer science is like physics with a bottom-up approach.

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

scottaaronson.com/papers/philos.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

of course he is right

No.

No one can tell for sure.

In some aspects he's not wrong.

we will never understand the universe so you can think about things however you want and reach the same non conclusion

Sure, physics involves a lot of computation. The study of computation itself can be a very useful investigation into things which involve computation as a foundation, like physics.

Computer Science as the Science of Computation is very important to a lot of fields. Computer Science as the Science of Memory Management by Flipping Bits on a Magnetic Disk, etc. is not as important to other fields.

There is no such thing as "the universe".

The concept is a leftover from people that believe souls exist.

What do you call the set of all things that exist?

CS -> information theory, which is relevant to physics. Hard to say more than that.

>implying CS isn't Math
If you consider most branches of Math important you have to consider CS important

>CS
>Math

lol no, it can't be math when the hardest thing you'll learn in a CS course is the merge-sort algorithm.

>Magnetic Disk
>2016

Has anyone ever pointed out that you are an idiot?

>i know about first-year undergrad cs curriculum and that makes my opinion valuable

typical case of using a tech so much you forget that you are using it.

i think all research today have very much use for memory management since that's the basis of the machinery they are using , constantly.

Merge sort was covered in my CS101 course

>lol mathematicians are so stupid the most advanced thing they do is muh epsilon delta

you are hearing me talk

except that isn't true you fucking retard

ignorant idiot who take introductory CS course and think he beat the matrix

can't argue from a physicists point of view,
but his arguments made here

scottaaronson.com/papers/philos.pdf

have been very inspiring to me & gave me a new view on the matter.

>i got baited once and now i think that mergesort is the epitome of cs

>baited

That dude was mad serious. He just wouldn't let it go and went on to make several additional threads trying to argue CS is the greatest and everyone else is spreading anti-cs propaganda.

and now you are basically doing the same thing. you even saved screenshots of his replies?. people like you and him will never contribute anything to this world