Sup cu/ck/s. cranked my grill on high...

Sup cu/ck/s. cranked my grill on high. Placed this usda prime rib eye in between the two burners for six minutes indirect heat. Then seared for min and a half each side.

>uncooked meat

kill yourself

>seared for a min and a half each side
Are you sure? Looks like you forgot that step

>no crust
if that wasn't intentional try taking the steak out of the package in the morning or the night before and leaving it in the fridge uncovered with your seasonings applied. it should dry out the surface of the meat just a bit and make it easier to brown.

Still pretty raw, needs seasoning. Give it another 5 mins and a shake of Lawry's and pepper

Ill try this next time. You sure taking it out of packaging and exposing it to the fridge air like that won't give it that weird vagina taste though?

Only if you're keeping uncovered vaginas in your refrigerator.

This is very worth it imo. Also works well for a roast chicken.

u did gud aside from the browning and maybe rest a bit longer

Good start, but you got it backwards, sear the meat first, then finish it on indirect heat. As noted above, if the steak is frozen, let it thaw in the fridge for a day, if it is unfrozen, a tip (for both cases) is to pat it dry, sprinkle it with course sea salt let it rest on the counter for 20 min or so, pat it dry again and pop it in the freezer for ~10 a 15 min while the grill warms up/coals ash. The only other seasoning you need is ground black pepper (if you must). If you want to guild the lily, make an herb butter and put a knob of it on right before you take it off the grill and let it melt while the meat rest. Allowing the meat to rest is an absolute must.

Finally, any time you cut steak, especially the tougher cuts, always cut against the grain, and the tougher the cut the runner the slice; this makes the muscle fibers shorter and will make the meat taste more tender.

*thinner

Reverse sear is a legit method.

Why would you put a steak in the freezer before cooking it? That's retarded.

'Reverse sear?' um yeah, ok, 'legit' if you want to eat a boot. The purpose of putting it in the freezer is to further dry the exterior of the meat to create a better crust. Retard.

meh, I get about the same result with a better sear using just direct heat for two to three minutes per side depending on thickness

That looks like shit. The sear is terrible and it looks chewy. My chef would tell you to clock out and go home if you plated some some horshit like this, my god what a waste of a decent cut of meat.

Looks like shit

>Calls us cucks

>Can't cook a slaughtered animal properly

Stay cucked, OP.

I hope you're a female.

>Hope you're a female

Really is OP's only chance at life

>searing last

Is this a new meme?

yes. search reverse sear

Can I get a r8 on my steak guys? I like to keep it simple

>charcoal grill
>salt and pepper

The money shot

looks like you absolutely nailed it, good job

fuck these retards with bad taste

looks good OP

Wow thank you. You got any steak pictures to share user?

Let's get more steaks in this thread!

Btw OP I'd eat your steak any day of the week. But I'd prefer a little more char on that sumbitch. Otherwise nice work

That's the opposite of bringing the steak to room temperature that you ideally do before cooking it, so that you don't have to overcook the exterior to still cook the interior.

A steak isn't fried potatoes.

Read the thread above yours and anons already posted a superior method to actually drying out the exterior.