What is the most disturbing, fucked up book you've ever read? I don't mean like, disturbingly bad...

what is the most disturbing, fucked up book you've ever read? I don't mean like, disturbingly bad, or disturbing as in the amount of graphic visual gore it entails in it's texts, but I mean disturbing on a visceral level. I'm looking for the real deal too, not some poorly written baby goosebumps pap. I mean, what is the height of fucked up and disturbing that you've ever known? I only want people who are confident in their expertise to answer this question.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogg_(novel)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blood Meridian sure spooked me the judge hid in the Jakes and he force-fed the kid tortillas

Parts of the Sound & The Fury disturbed me just like the scene with Jason acting like he'll let Caddy see her baby and then he takes money just to drive right past her

Threw my book at the wall.

Also The Story of the Eye was pretty fucked up, but the disgusting shit was so constant it was practically boring by the end to me

my diary desu lad senpai

lmao I had just tapped to the erotic bit at the beginning when the disturbing shit started in the story of the eye and I still had my dick out and I was like wtf ew

>The Story of the Eye
I actually read story of the eye and found it particularly relaxing to read. I only read through it half way though because it was just a bunch of piss sex, which don't get me wrong, I have nothing against.

L'Abbe C.

>Threw my book at the wall.

how angry were you and what sound did it make?

the bible

bump

I guess it's a little predictable but I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream made me feel uncomfortable. For such a short story, Harlan Ellison did an effective job of creating a genuine sense of misanthropy through AM. My gripe is that it really is too short and by the time you're engaged with it, it's finished. I kinda wish Harlan would be willing to create a full-length novel out of the story but I know that's just wishful thinking. I also know he's not the most consistent of writers so he might find a way to mess it up...

The Consumer by Michael Gira

The Tunnel

Geek Love by Dunn. Not a great novel overall but definitely the most fucked up one I've read.

Go outside your home and go to the nearest billboard and read it. The trip alone will terrify you.

Agota Kristof's trilogy of lies. It ends on the notion that no story can be as cruel and horrible as life itself and the story is brutal.

EDEN
EDEN
EDEN

>The Consumer by Michael Gira
I really wish they would repress this.
and this

especially michael gira's book, it's over 100 fucking dollars for a copy.

have you just saved every picture off her instagram/twitter or something? why? why do you feel the need that these are the pictures that should go along with your posts?

I secretly want to be a girl.

what are you talking about?

roasty.

why her specifically?

we like who we like

no rhyme nor reason.

so you found this girl and proceeded to save all her pictures? do you just look at them, or do you just have them so you can put a picture with your posts?

bump

East of Eden?

>Threw my book at the wall.

Try manga. Homunculus and Ichi The Killer.

a furious sound

Why are there so many scenes with boiled eggs in Story of the Eye? Is that a French thing? Like, at one point the kids are just throwing boiled eggs into a toilet for fun. No explanation given.

if we're counting manga Ito definitely needs a mention

Thomas Ligotti's workplace horror stories got a gut reaction out of me. He somehow manages to capture the absolute bleakness of being chewed up and spit out by the workforce, and then spins that into something even bleaker.

>not having a boner the whole time reading story of the eye

did you guys even read the book??

dude just download a copy and read it

also, implying $100 is expensive for an out of print collectors item

I found it shockingly tame, but I guess it must have been pretty degenerate upon its initial publication. Mostly it consists of a bunch of watersports and vanilla sex. It didn't really get interesting for me until they went to Spain and saw the bullfight.

Look up Pierre Guyotat.

bump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogg_(novel)

That ending was fucking haunting.

Some of the imagery in Lewis' the Monk are pretty strong.

Unironically, it was probably the Bible.

Johnny Got His Gun was disturbing at the time that I read it, when I was 14-15, but I haven't read it recently.

sorokin, 'four stout hearts', it's a novel
also 'possibilities', it's his short story

both are utterly disgusting to the extreme

Isn't that le swans man?

Something about Gira always disturbed me, the way he acts and wears that cowboy getup. He fits the persona of his music (at least it's early stages) very well and I don't think I would ever crowdsurf at his shows because he might cut my genitals off and force feed them to me.

A lot of people say Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk is messed up. I liked it.

The Great God Pan?

The Idiot

Maybe not the most disturbing, but The Sparrow caught me off guard a few times with some viscerally graphic scenes that changed the nature of the text.

"The entire Story of the Eye was woven in my mind out of two ancient and closely associated obsessions, eggs and eyes, but nevertheless, I had previously regarded the balls of the bull as independent of that cycle. Yet when I finished reading to him, my friend remarked that I had absolutely no idea of what the glands I was writing about were really like, and he promptly read aloud a detailed description in an anatomical textbook. I thus learned that human or animal alls are egg-shaped and look the same as an eyeball. This time, I ventured to explain such extraordinary relations by assuming a profound region of my mind, where certain images coincide, the elementary ones, the completely obscene ones......"
Not sure about why specifically the obsession with eggs exists, but contextually it seemed part of the process of discovery for Simone's fascination with eyes.