Piedmontese beef is meat from cattle having one or two copies of the inactive myostatin gene...

Piedmontese beef is meat from cattle having one or two copies of the inactive myostatin gene. This attribute provides a higher lean-to-fat ratio, It looks like beef and tastes like beef but with the cholesterol and fat content of poultry or white fish.

Aka it's tough as fuck

>TIL

>what is fassone piemontese
it tastes and feels absolutly great

Post pics of jacked cattle pls

neat

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to look into that. So, it's genetics, not diet, correct? Because at some point in the near future I'll be raising my own cattle, and I've always leaned towards Charolais, Black Angus, and Charolais/Angus cross for meat.

Sheeeeit. That sure doesn't look like a low fat content.

Sooooo it's like venison

Exactly this

If I wanted lean beef, there are plenty of lean cuts. If I wanted fatty cuts, there are plenty of fatty cuts.
Different dishes require different things. If you're autistic about dietary fat then you can just eat lean cuts. I see no benefit to an overall leaner cow.

Anonymous makes a valid point.

beef cuts are graded by fat content with Prime having the highest fat content, then Choice, then Select which has the lowest fat content.

The USDA grades the whole animal, so you may be able to look through some Choice steaks and actually find one that has more marbling than prime if you like that.

Certified Piedmontese cattle is raised in Nebraska by the Lone Creek Cattle Company and processed and sold by its sister company, Great Plains Beef.
The animals are kept free of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones. Raised on a vegetarian diet, they spend time on grass but are finished with grains. The meat isn't cheap but it isn't exorbitantly priced either. "Our price is just above prime and just below American Wagyu,

Well, not just fat

Age and color are also important. A younger, healthier animal is almost always going to tend to have more tender, fatty, and bright colored meat

A reminder to not fall for dishonest cunts trying to pass off their own house terms for USDA grades and be vigilant when putting out real cash for steak

Is this like the opposite of kobe beef?

Aw nigga, Piedmontese beef is God Tier!

>It looks like beef and tastes like beef
because it is beef you mongoloid idiot

>It looks like beef and tastes like beef but with the cholesterol and fat content of poultry or white fish

the point is you're not changing the flavor or looks for the different nutritional content you fucking autist

Not the fool you're replying to, but how on earth does the flavor not change if the fat content changes? Fat content has a massive impact on the taste and texture of the meat.

I'm not the one who made the claim to start with; I don't think I've ever had Piedmontese beef

Looks like it'd be perfect for making teriyaki beef