About to read pic related. What should I expect?

About to read pic related. What should I expect?

Shit, like everything else that hack wrote.

Beautiful tragedy

Also the best Metallica song

Shit like this post is ruining Veeky Forums. You're not funny, you're fucking annoying.

I'm not trying to be funny. I genuinely think Hemingway is fucking terrible.

At least provide reasons.

>What should I expect?

you should expect it to toll for thee

Boredom

Absinthe and angry Spanish people. Also, the girl Robert Jordan fucks looks boyish.

A kind of straightforward war novel with some good sequences and descriptions. The characters and their interactions (especially the hamfisted romance) aren't quite as good as they are in his other works.

I like Hemingway but I feel like he dropped the ball on this one in particular.

Introduce yourself to Hemingway with The Old Man and the Sea.

>*I*
>b-but this is just like my personal opinion, it makes sense for me to post it online!
>anonymous board

next stop: secure tripcode

Couldn't tell you, but I'm planning on starting pic related around sundown.

T. Yellowcake Autism

Just finished that book this morning actually. I loved it.

Bells
Balls
Bulls

>functional alcoholism: the book

Try having a drink everytime someone in the book does.

Was the sun also rising as you finished it?
:^)

Bloom left this one out of his canon list for a reason

No, I live in Nunavut

I can't read when I'm actually drunk, but I will probably grab a bottle of some kind before reading to sip on. Most likely Jameson, unless something better is marked down.

Tell me, how much are books there? Do they cost more or less than groceries? You probably live in Iqaluit? What bookstores are there? -- Any Indigo/Chapters locations? Or do you only use the library? What's that like? I live in BC, btw.

This. Felt derivative of his other novels. Like a more escapist conflation of The Sun also Rises and Farewell to Arms.

some highlights:
- tale about killing nazis
- tale about pilars matador
- whole group relations development (mostly around pablos role there)

honestly the last one is where he really 'flexes his writer muscles' the most in this one, but it can be unfortunately really hit and miss with todays 'party people'

also weird words are to give you the feel for the poor spanish mountain ppl language, some of my friends found that irritating

other things hemingway is excellent for: best ever(most realistic to me) descriptions of drinking/getting drunk(that slight 'buzz' descriptions after two glasses of some local vodka), most realistic descriptions of getting wounded and the whole healing process(more farewell to arms thing but here its also accurate), i'm sure description of shooting the drivers or whoever they were in farewell.. also is the best ever(of course i cant fully relate but i'm pretty sure it would feel the same to me)