Youtube Cooks

ITT: Rate cooking channels on youtube.
youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson/featured

I think this guy is pretty interesting. But what's Veeky Forums's opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/henlips/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI
youtube.com/watch?v=1oGHXD_oaUA
youtube.com/watch?v=KaOQGMJKowo
youtube.com/user/kooktocook
youtube.com/user/chaplinsrestaurant/
youtube.com/watch?v=5VycYEOc8Zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That guy's channel is better as an exploration of history than as a cooking channel. I like his vids but I've never really wanted to make anything he's shown.

For recipe videos, there's nothing better than Food Wishes.

youtube.com/user/henlips/videos

His vids are pretty neat in that he uses historical implements and ingredients and I really enjoy the ones where he picks a random recipe from an old cookbook. Honestly his enthusiasm for historical reenactment alone is enough to keep me watching. That being said, the cooking aspect takes a backseat to the historical in his videos (which isn't a bad thing), but it has always been a history channel and not a cooking channel.

>nothing better than Food Wishes.

Literally just "buy this box and follow the directions on the back" 0/10 shit taste

His food videos are actually pretty good. My grandmother loves the sauerkraut I made from his video.

>it's another boiled pastry with some kind of filling episode

>I think this guy is pretty interesting
You do know that comes across as insult?

This guy appears to an edgelord hipster faggot fedora cunt

He has great recording equipment, the costumes and the history lesson are interesting and how he keeps it authentic as possible using the cooking equipment and ingredients people had access too and what not. His enthusiasm about it all make for pretty comfy vids. I want to try his pemmican recipe to mass produce it and store huge amounts in my basement so if the end of the world comes I'll be rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI

I watched his pemmican episodes a while ago and I really want to try to make my own.
I'll probably use moose this fall.

I made the mushroom ketchup, it's my goto over A1 for beef now

youtube.com/watch?v=1oGHXD_oaUA

youtube.com/watch?v=KaOQGMJKowo

I thought it was pretty neat when he covered Conner Prairie considering I live like five minutes from it.

Though was Gordon Ramsay at first.

Love this guy's videos, but I can't stand how he always mixes dry ingredients with his fingers.

youtube.com/user/kooktocook
i seriously hope Veeky Forums has seen kooktocook back when they were actually posting videos

pro at cooking
youtube.com/user/chaplinsrestaurant/

youtube.com/watch?v=5VycYEOc8Zw

love these guys.
it's guud, and real easy to do

I heard anons here say that the fried chicken is great
But he is kind of limited because he tries to keep the videos relatively short and low budget and he makes everything himself or at least he is the only one on camera
Sure there were some amazing things in the past in terms of cooking but kitchens were fully staffed and they had more than 20 minutes
Still some of the things he does legitimately surprised me not because they look good but because the methods are so simple and the ingredients so lacking I wouldn't belive them possible