Post food truck ideas, rate others

Fry Wheel
>Literally everything is fried
>Menu designed after those "eating contest" system where if they manage to eat it under a time limit they get it free/prize/cupon/etc.
>Adorn side of truck with winners
>Mostly work off of novelty, so you don't expect many folks to be regulars, to compensate you follow events (like state fairs)
>some menu items I have tested include twice fried cornbread (sweet chili inside of a cornbread coating & desert corndog which is a hollowed out banana fried in sweet batter with fillings (done peanut butter & jam, chocolate, lemon puree)

post n' r8?

Neat idea, but impractical. How are people supposed to keep track of the time (etc.) for the eating contest yet still serve other customers?

The key to a food truck is speed & simplicity.

I do agree that fried food is a good idea for a food truck though. Frying is simple and fast. It can be used for many different foods as well.

>Neat idea, but impractical. How are people supposed to keep track of the time (etc.) for the eating contest yet still serve other customers?
See, that's the main issue. You would record the time a person is given their food, and they come back with finished food. Only problem is if they go and just throw the food away I suppose, but why the fuck would people do that?

You would put a time next to certain meals (only some would have the timed eating gimmick like a 3" corndog and shit.

food trucks are fucking stupid

Trust me, if you start messing with business, you will quickly learn that the type of people to try to screw you out of money are not only the most annoying, they are the most persistent and frequent customers. If you give them an inch, just an inch, they will take an ell my friend.

Medieval food trucks that adhere to sumptuary laws and humoral menus. You have to bring your own cutlery, but they sell their own brand that you can latch to your belt. Everything is served in bowls, or on trenchers. They have non-alcoholic beers and grape juices. Dishes with meat or imported spices are marked up to an absurd degree. A humanities student, paid minimum wage of course, entertains guests with narrative poetry. One dish in particular is served exclusively to the guest who spins the greatest tale of the night: a complimentary chicken blancmange.

Idea of starting a chink breakfast food truck where we serve steaming hot Chinese buns for about a dolla with hot soy milk sweet or unsweet as beverage. Basically have a Chinese breakfast truck

Unsure about this because its possible to implement and food is very simple but don't know shit on where to market it in fucking MD

Open one in California that serves dishes solely made out of bacon, avocado, and sriracha

Every dish name will be memey and have words like "epic" and suffixes like "-inator"

When you own a business you soon learn it isn't the customers who are fucking you over - it's every other entity you have to deal with. Everyone takes their cut from your bottomline, from the govt. to the suppliers you depend on most. Sure you try to price it in, but in a competitive environment it can be difficult. No one that I've ever met, particularly in retail, has said most of their customers try to fuck them over.

Quads speak

>Sell mainly alcohol
>find location
>set up fold-out tables and chairs
>profit

I call it The Bar Car

This guy in a truck.

Shit, wrong image.

A milk truck with asymmetrical (oval) wheels.
JUST
SHAKE
MY
MILK
UP

this is barely worth filming, the guy looks like he's thinking the same thing

Ukrainian-mexican fusion food truck

Borscht with tortillas, kvass and techila, black rye tacos with pickled eel

And etc

>BLITZ KRIEG
everything is blended to a pulp

I'd run a portable fitness truck that blended together protein shakes and other health drinks, and then while blending I'd have the customer run after the truck if they want their drink, and if they can catch up, they'll get it half off.

After all, cardio builds gains like nothing else.

It's called Fryover.
It's everything sold at a flyover county fair, including deep-fried butter.
I'll open it in Wichita and make much $$$.

Bravo, user.

Fry truck

Tons of French fry (chips) combinations with different shit for toppings.

>Garlic parmesan
>Chili cheese
>Fish sauce
>Teriyaki
>Poutine
Etc etc.

I'd never eat any if it cause it sounds so gross.

Oh, also a gourmet hotdog truck. Handmade dogs, braised and steamed, grilled, or panfried.

Nice, fresh buns buttered and toasted right to order.

Fresh ingredients for the toppings. Yum

>Borscht with tortillas

Well shit, I need to try this

And I guarantee you'll pronounce poutine incorrectly.

>captcha: select all candy
>select the two pics with candy
>"need to make more selections"
>no other candies
>pic a starbucks drink
>accepts
Frappucinos are candy.

The morally superior food truck

>Everything is vegan and ludicrously expensive
>Follows around Apple conventions

Vladimir Poo-tin. Fuck off with the French vomit speech though. It's vulgar.

It's poo•tsin.
Not hard to say, user. Try it: poo•tsin.

Anyway, best food truck is something you can toss out the window quickly and cheaply. Fresh cut fries are good. Potatoes are cheap. Toppings all come in cans/bags. Only things you have to refrigerate are cheese curds/shredded mozzarella, sour cream, ranch, drinks, and leftover toppings from the warmers like nacho cheese, chili, and gravy.

Biggest problem is the fryers and propane. Propane is expensive and oil is messy and a pain in the fucking ass.

If I could do it all over again, I'd do hot pressed sandwiches and crisped soft shell tacos. Couple of sandwich presses and a medium sized flat grill. Maybe make an in house salsa and sweet and sour sauce that I leave at my window for free. Sell only bottled soda/water and coffee, but price gouge the shit out of it. Try to share most ingredients between products, and keep them relatively simple. Vegies would be entire interchangable, but Id have to have sandwich and regular breast meat. I could have an iron brand with my logo for in the press and a hand held one for tortillas. Thats the best food truck

I've posted in the thread with my [joke] idea already, but was wondering: d'y'all think food carts count? I owned one when I was at university and made pretty good money when I did.

Food carts are to food trucks as bicycles are to motorcycles. It counts, but it's different.

The ability to order ahead.
If you have a fixed route, then publish it and let people order in advance.