We need to save Veeky Forums

What's with all the shitposts lately? This used to be one of the best boards.

It's been happening to other boards though. Personally i think the mods are either asleep or leaving us to rot, but who knows when there are /trash/ tier threads flooding in with no regulation

>This used to be one of the best boards.

lmao

This and I honestly think there is just a huge influx of absolute shitposting meme-faggots who are 15 or 16 and love posting bullshit where there are no repercussions (ie: mods slackin lately).

Gets hold fast though. Only legit board I go on anymore is /out/. Some newfags doing minor things like not checking catalog and dupe threads, but for the most part it's infinitely better than most other boards I visit. Veeky Forums gets an honorable mention too.

This board has like one mod that is only on for like an hour a day.

Also the shills.

Too many shills posting their corporate ads are the biggest problem. The occasional shitpost is easily ignored and can sometimes, if somewhat sophisticated humor, be a bit funny.

I'm sort of hoping the mods will fix this once i wake up. But it's probably going to be same or worse as today.
Good night though, Veeky Forums

>lately
YouMustBeNewHere.png

Just ban Australia and 80% of shitposts will disappear

There was a lot of I work at x ama threads for a bit. No clue why that started popping up so often

I thought this board was the highest quality for the first six months I browsed and then thought it was loaded with shills and shitposters... four years ago

I think it's just a phase everyone goes through on this board

This was a nice board back when /v/ was heading to shit. Then the shills started rolling in around 2014.

Now the ocean of piss metaphor is literal. Just out on your scuba gear, you'll find something eventually.

Fuck the mods for banning frog posters

Cross boarders, joey-posters, and even more than normal fast food threads have been running this board for a couple years now.

I'm no chef, but i was hoping these threads would be losing streak by now and we could get back to being a slow board that actually focused more on making food at home and the professional side/show-off side.

>fast food threads

I don't get why people respond to them when this is supposed to be a cooking board, unless they're responding to themselves to generate hits. I mean who the hell comes to a cooking board to bullshit about fast food chains? Even if it were a food board, who, without being paid for it, would ever even mention fast food?

Ban the al/ck/oholic threads. They should be on /soc/

/tv/ rejects (who in turn are /b/tards/normies) are ruining every slow board

Al/ck/ threads were always a part of Veeky Forums culture. Them becoming non-stop generals was just another sign of the board turning to shit over the past 2-3 years.

I'm a (somewhat ex-) drunk cook who has been giving cooking advice, posting oc, and otherwise yelling at people here since 2009, and will defend al/ck/ threads till the grave... but fuck general culture.

Welcome to intrusive advertising in an era of banner blockers.

>implying 4spam overlords don't receive payment for blatant product placement

I like to think most co/ck/s employers got new software so we can browse at work anymore

tfw.

>This used to be one of the best boards.

Veeky Forums was never a best board.
At its height it was like /diy/ is now: an extremely slow board that was mostly noise but very occasionally a knowledgeable professional would drop in for one or two posts.
This was a very long time ago.

This.

>lately

at least last 6 months.

what even happened to the Veeky Forumsoff? where did all the angsty tripfags trying to out perform eachother go?

it's just stoned fast food eaters and bullshit, and it's slowly getting worse.

>we should build a wall and make them pay for it!

People would rather shitpost memes than actually discuss things. Its been happening all over the internet.

people like to hang out and talk shit funposting and offering occasional advice when promted until a legitimate conversation needs to be had. it's been habbening all over the socailsphere!

Ah yes, the occasional advice and quality that comes from "for me its the mcchicken"

I can't tell if you're intentionally being retarded or not.

Says the anime poster. "Nice" thread m8.

For ur mum it's MyCock.

Metashitposting like this is a subtle way to shitpost, you fannie.

For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

Its a little more than normal, but this board has always had a decent amount of shitposting. Been here since 2010 and the only thing that's really changed is the quality of the shitposting.

>No board can ever discuss its own problems ever

>lately
This board isn't even that bad. Visit /g/ or /tv/ if you want to see a truly bad board.

More or less what this user said, if you compare it to others it's at most the same

I've only been here for like half a year and nothing much has changed since then, but ive learned to only bother with decent threads aka like 1/7th of the threads

I still always wonder how many people here actually cook at least like 2-3 times a week.
There were a few polls a month ago or so and they clearly showed that the average age is like 23 so yea what do you really expect

You simply ignore it

>I still always wonder how many people here actually cook at least like 2-3 times a week.
>2-3 times
>a week
That's your benchmark?
I cook 2-3 times a day. I have to!
#notachef #notevenacook #foodisfuel

It's not exactly a bad benchmark for this board, given how many people here just eat fast food, frozen pizza, ramen, etc. or get takeout.

>he fell for the advertising meme
Mate. That's exactly what they want you to think. Get a grip.

Just let it die.

I cook like 3 times a week and make multiple meals, because I just wouldn't have the time for more. Sometimes I take some to work, but not too often. I also only eat twice a day
Anyway

The best fast food sandwich.

Oh, fuck off.

t. non-shitposting Australian.

>whats with all the shitposts?
Its a collection of,
a) mods becoming lazy and skewed as shit as Hiro doesn't hold them to the same standard moot did.
b) a massive influx of normalfags, marketers. trolls and newfags thanks to the US Election putting /pol/ in the spotlight.
So essentially Veeky Forums is like America and the newfags are like illegal immigrants and the ICE/Moderation aren't doing their goddamn jobs.

I caught a b& in under 10 minutes for responding sarcastically to a shitpost thread, it sucked, but the mods were on their toes.

>lately
What the fuck, man? Only place worse than this board is /po/.

I like to think that mods check your post history before issuing any bans, and if you have a healthy mix of good and bad posts, or you're genuinely entertaining, then you might get away with some things that other people don't get away with.
It could also go the other way and if you disagree with an anonymous mods and make them feel stupid then they could check your history to find any reason to ban you.
A telltale sign of that is when you get b& for a post that you made a week ago. lel