That awkward moment when you venture into a "superstore" and you realize what has become of humanity

that awkward moment when you venture into a "superstore" and you realize what has become of humanity.

Indeed, plebs still post rotated pictures. Humanity is doomed.

can't believe the world turned literally sideways mates

Bet the Oreo churros are tasty. I'll suck your cock if I'm wrong.

What city and state is this?

Walmart, USA

Come visit, it's a magical place.

Scale is important to me. I do not go into superstores or any big box kind of place. I even avoid the supermarket as much as possible. That's part of why I choose to live in a place where I have lots of little mom and pop stores that cover most of my needs in a cost effective manner within walking distance. If the business is not ion what I consider a human scale I don't want to give them my money.

I work in Walmart. I'm a Cart Pusher (Which, surprisingly, I make $15/hr at 40 hours a week. It pays good because it's in Florida heat.)

There are a lot of demographics that go to Walmart, but I notice two major divides.

Fats and not fats.

The not fats are normal people, anything at a weight that would've been acceptable before the advent of the corn syrup era. They push carts into corrals (unless they're nigs or single mothers), they move their own groceries, they typically buy bagged vegetables and components to meals, and shop in amounts that are best described as 'human'.

Then there are the fats. They're inhuman due to a total lack of shame. They ride the motorized scooters. Some own their own, but still demand to use the store's and will sit at the entrance until one is available. They purchase two, three, four times as much food as the not-fats. They usually employ smaller relatives to move this behemoth load of calories. Six or seven times a day I'll be called for a carry out - just carry their groceries to load them into their car. One or two of these will be a person so old they can hardly move, or legitimately wounded by surgery or somesuch. The rest are just so obese they can no longer function.

This divide between the fats and non-fats is stark. There's a few inbetweens, but the bulk fall well into one side of the spectrum or the other. It makes me wonder if we're seeing the beginnings of a branching of our race. Homo-sapiens and Homo-Crassus.

You're actually wrong. DO IT
Also the frozen twinkies are largely inferior to normal twinkies if you go through the hassle of baking them, but they're great frozen right out of the box since they don't freeze all the way through. Worth a try, if you're not on a tight budget.

>corn syrup era
Did you coin that? Really says it all. Because I don't think the origin of the morbidly obese segment of the population is due to a lack of shame at all. It's due to the cheap and easily availability of the kind of calorie dense foods we all crave. For most of human history these kinds of foods required substantial effort (or expense) to obtain. Yet now in the corn syrup era they're cheap as fuck.

I don't think people end up obese because of a lack of shame. They end up overindulging just a little here and there and it adds up over the years. Then by the time they are obese the amount of food they need to consume to keep from feeling hangry is obscene. That's the spectacle you're observing. And I would bet getting into this position has everything to do with whether or not those around you reinforce those kind of eating habits as "normal". If you grew up in a family where dinner was a couple frozen pizzas washed down with soda and ice cream for dessert it might not even occur to you that your diet is ridiculous. Because mom shops in a scooter and that's your normal.

And if we're going to place any sort of blame here I'd target corn syrup before people's ignorance.

It's just junk food senpai, no need to get edgy

>modern era
>not having a rotating monitor

mobile posters need to be rounded up and force fed glass

>whether or not those around you reinforce those kind of eating habits as "normal".

I think that's exactly right.

In my case, I don't snack. And I eat every meal at the dining table, because that's how it was when I was growing up. Fast food was never eaten. Those are the habits I learned as a kid and those have stuck with me. I'm sure that if I grew up eating a pile of microwave meals sitting in front of the TV with a 2L of cola then I'd be a fatass today.

>modern era
>living in a hovel that's filthy with uncontrolled wires everywhere

Ever try uploading a pic straight from your phone's camera? Yeah, that's the bullshit we have to deal with

>Ever try uploading a pic straight from your phone's camera?

No, why would I want to do that?

I grew up the same way you did, except my family did snack. That shit caught up with me pretty hard in my 30's. I do not snack anymore.

>premade frozen sandwiches

literally why. the easiest fucking thing in the world, and there's a demand for a premade frozen version?

we live in dark times

I have things to swap out, controlling wires is more of a nuisance than it's worth, considering no one's ever going to see them so who cares

I work in a toy store. My theory is that since everyone's child is 'oh so advanced and special' that they never have stacking toys and, thus, never learn the crucial sandwich skill of 'stacking'.

Yeah, it's not hard.

hahaha... holy shit bro. you win the internets today.

those great value sandwiches look good

Obviously you'd only have one of these a day, its the fat asses that make this a problem

you're a complete fucking.. goddamn it, I fell for a troll..

Werks on my phone

use clover

Can sorta confirm. I worked at wal-mart for around six months before they laid me off, but fat people tend to be their own category, while nonfats have a split again of normal and non normal.

I worked grocery, and this is my favorite story.
>Just started working only about three weeks
>standing around doing some shit
>guy comes up to me and asks where the taco sauce is
>point him to the isle I'm pretty sure it's down
>he says it's not there
>I notice this guy looks pretty fucking high, long blonde hair, that kind of dude.
>I go and ask a coworker real quick where the taco sauce is
>"Taco Sauce? Man that's some fucking white ass taco bell shit" shows me exactly where it is
>I go back and find this guy and show it to him
>he looks at it for a good moment and goes "nah man, the taco bell sauce. You know?"
>I'm holding back laughter at this point
>I go and check for it in the back
>Don't have it
>go back to him and tell him
>"Oh...(pauses)...hey do you know any good guac recipes?"

I'm never going to forget this story. Pretty alright job otherwise.

kek'd hard - thanks

>I don't think people end up obese because of a lack of shame.
I'm curious to know whether people that eat because 'it makes them feel [emotionally] better' actually eat for that reason, or just because they can't stop themselves.
I've seen quite a few obesity-oriented programmes on tv, and I'm surprised to see the amount of people saying they got that fat because of traumatic childhoods/periods in their life.

not trolling unfortunately

It's really a shame. Corn syrup is in literally every processed food in amerifat land. Go to any grocery store, and I mean any, and do a quick survey of how much shelf space is taken by processed vs non-processed. Then randomly pull processed items, sweet and savory both, and look at the ingredients. Every single one will contain corn syrup.

Having said that, I'm not some fanatic. I don't drink soft drinks or eat processed meat, but occasionally I'll have some potato chips or corn chips. But I'm fortunate in that I don't like sweets and I like to cook my own meals from scratch.

When we start our kids on soft drinks virtually from day one, have the convenience of buying our meals in a box, and being too lazy or "busy" to cook, you end up with a country of sugar bombed zombies waddling along to their diabetes quack with a 64 oz coke in their pudgy little mitts.

>file name
It says it all, you fag

mobile posters should be banned from posting

You know that there are online image manipulation tools, right?

>But I'm fortunate in that I don't like sweets and I like to cook my own meals from scratch.
Same here. And as a guy who likes to eat I realized a long time ago I had to sidestep most of what's sold in a supermarket if I didn't want to end up a fatass.

That's part of why I try to avoid superstores and even supermarkets as much as I can. They're pretty much out to try to sell me shit I don't buy, so why go there in the first place?

I do use Sam's but my cart only contains unprocessed staples like rice, beans, dry pasta, olive oil and meat or fish if it's fresh. I have the luxury of having a seperate freezer so I'll buy a whole angus ribeye in cryovac, cut it into steaks and vacuum pack them. I grind and make my own sausage and some cured meats.

Before the 1950's when marketers began to sell amerifats on the idea that they needed to buy their processed foodcrap and stop wasting their time cooking, poor people were generally thin and muscular because they ate meals made from staples. Nowadays, one of the first signs someone is poor or lower middle class is they're extremely obese. Not because wealthier people eat better, but because wealthier people bought into the workout meme and have the income to use for that.

>Not because wealthier people eat better, but because wealthier people bought into the workout meme and have the income to use for that.
That's part of it, but it's like the Sneeches. When only the rich could afford to be fat they were cool with it. Now that the poor are fat the rich want to be thin. It goes beyond just working out. Rich people didn't buy kale in the 80's, now they sure as fuck do. And it isn't poor people lining up to buy bowls of ancient wholegrain salads even though a generation or two ago that would have been considered poor man's food from another part of the world. If you see a vegetarian or vegan restaurant in a neighborhood that isn't wealthy it will almost always be catering to some sort of religious observance. Because most secular vegetarians/vegans did not grow up poor. How many chefs at high end places are doing vegetable driven menus over the last decade or so. Two of the trendiest restaurants on Manhattan's LES are Dimes and Fat Radish, both of which are popular with fashion and entertainment industry types. There are lots of rich people out there eating diets very similar to what poor people would have eaten a century or two ago.

Fuck, I'm not even rich, but most of what I eat is pretty similar to what a poor person in the Mediterranean or South Asia eats. I live off mostly vegetables, beans and grains because I don't really trust the meat and dairy at the supermarket, and avoiding it for the most part makes it easy to stay trim.

But yeah, I lift, too. My point is plenty of educated, well off people are also changing the way they eat because a quick look at the poor and how they eat is a good study in what not to do.

It goes a little farther than that. During the world wars, the military teamed up with industry to figure out a way to feed the overseas troops. They came up with a lot of admittedly clever solutions and shipped then out. When the war ended however, they had all this technology and nowhere to use it. The meals they were sending to the troops tasted like ass but were effective nutritionally, but now the troops wernt eating then. Nobody at home saw any reason to eat them, so they started to convince the public that they could save so much time by buying ready made meals. In order to get people to want to eat these new pre cooked foods, the meals were also packed with salts fats and sugars.
Interestingly, this coincided with the suffrage moment, so ready made meals gained support by claiming to liberate the American housewife from the drugery of making dinner. They were ment to free her time to do what she wanted to do, and while it really is a nice concept, the side effect was that we started feeding our families absolute trash. This narrative of a family being too busy to cook has persisted to this day.

>$15/hr, full time

damn, user, well done. this is actually impressive for a job without a college degree requirement.