Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced toaster oven?

My new place lacks an oven and I need something that's good enough to bake a few chicken breasts or a Cornish hen and maybe cookies in occasion.

What's your budget like?

I've used many over the years and honestly even the cheapass ones do a pretty good job. The only complaint I ever had with one is that the removable "crumb tray" at the bottom was so shallow that it was nearly impossible to remove it without creating a bigger mess than it was supposed to help with.

The reason I ask about your budget is that ideally you'd get one with a convection mode built in. The Kitchenaid KCO222 is a great choice in my opinion; has convection mode and costs about $70.

Looking to go 80 or less. So that's an option I guess. And I don't eat toast ever do crumb tray isn't a bother

bump

They are such a mess.

oven or microwave unless your an electric bill Nazi.

Its no messier than anything else.

its a lot of counter space for something your oven already does.

did you not read? my new place LACKS AN OVEN.

>They are such a mess.

A mess? How so? Are you too stupid to cover the food you're microwaving? Or monitor the cooking so that you turn it off before the food splatters or boils over?

You're retarded. You can't clean the bottom on some toaster ovens. You mean it's literally impossible for there to be a mess on your microwave and stove after dozens of uses? Are you saying that you're smart enough to never have to clean your stove or microwave in your entire life?

just get a combo oven+microwave

This, last flat I rented had one of those, piece of shit was covered in burnt grease

I made bread a few times in it and when throwing a glass of water the muddy greasy water would drain from the bottom and cover my washing machine in a layer of filth

working on a budget here. and i have a microwave

so put some foil on the bottom, genius.

I have a larger version of the thing in your pic and I like it a lot. It is my only oven as I live in a small apartment without one. It serves its purpose well. It was a bit pricey though, but it seems good quality.

is cleaning too much for Veeky Forums

The point is why shit up your kitchen in the first place when you have an oven.

You can't see how its more faster and more convenient? Especially if you're just cooking for one or two people.

Only if you eat frozen garbage everyday.

I have a cheap 12'' hamilton beach one. Works ridiculously well, although it's very noisy.
Cost $50 CAD (so about $0.50 USD right?), has a convection mode, a timer, a removable tray, the grill set on the low position automatically extends outward when you open it. Very easy to clean up.
Don't know how solid it is yet, though, since I have only been using it for half a year.

No, even for regular cooking it's faster and uses fuckall energy compared to your oven. The only real issue is that they're small.
As for counter space, they don't take much more than a 4-slices toaster while being a lot more useful, and being better toasters than dedicated toasters.

>Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced toaster oven?

Dunno if it’s a good or bad brand, but I’ve got a DeLonghi toaster oven that a friend gave me several years back, after his wife’s uncle passed away (it was still in the box, unopened) and it works fine for me.

I’d suggest avoiding gadgets with digital screens such as the one in your pic and stick to physical dials and knobs, as toaster ovens aren’t heavy duty top quality items and usually the first thing to fail, is the digital electronic gizmos.