They say Einstein was really bad at math as a student and even failed a calculus exam

They say Einstein was really bad at math as a student and even failed a calculus exam.

Which calculus was it? I'm having trouble with integral calculus :(

Did they say how he improved himself and ended up becoming a math genias?

I mean if even Einstein had a tough time, does that mean there is still hope for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xTz3QjcloI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kys

yes, everyone that sucks at math is a genius that will revolutionize physics.

In related news, Darwin was said to hate vomiting, and I hate vomiting so I know I'm going to be a great evolutionary biologist.

It is a myth. In fact, before he was 15 he mastered differential and integral calculus.

>They say
"They" are idiots. It's false information. Einstein was a good student from an early age. But if your resolve to study diligently hinges on little anecdotes and urban myths like this, you're hopeless anyway.

these

Actually the saying is that he had a learning disorder up to the age of 8.

Probably just bogus parents tell themselves to keep their hopes up on their retarded kids.

It's likely true, most people of his sort are autistic.

Einstein was an architect, not a plumber.

Just eat a healthy diet, get lots of exercise, and do lumosity. I started 7 months ago and I'm already closing in on Einstein.

He was always bad at maths. He got lucky with relativity not to mention he copied most of it.

I guess you could say, he was relatively bad at math.

Leave your upvotes at the door.

Maybe you'll steal someone else's work and be worshiped by neckbeards for centuries to come

he wasnt bad at math or science, he just saw no point ingoing to school.

that's like saying bohr ripped off einstein

stop being so criminally ignorant

That's an urban legend. Einstein was always good at math.

I think everyone has had tough times with everything. You just need to simply work at it. If there's anything you don't understand - ask it. If there are problems you can't solve - solve a whole lot of them.

it is about as true as you being over the age of 18 (which you aren't)

>8140559
does that mean he was such a genius that he mastered differential and integral calculus with 15 or was he just more interested in these things than others

I mean if schools would start teaching these things so early on, could kids "master" these things, too?

fucking android app

Nope.
His biographers got this wrong.
Bc he did his a levels in swiss where 6=1. He was always good at math.

OP, you're stupid. Just get over it

Coming from a country which also has a 1 (worst) to 6 (best) grading system that looks very impressive.

if these do not help you then you are just a fucking idiot
learn to move on when you suck at something

mit ocw
kahn academy
patrickjmt
pauls math notes lamar

What didn't he get sixes in?

Language stuff, geography, art, chemistry (still a B tho)

that's not true

but it is true that he was a fucking dipshit and needed mathemeticians to guide him through differential geometry

I'm bad at german but I'll try, from top to bottom the not 6 ones
german grammar and literature
french
eglish is a -
italian
geography
chemistry
some kind of history

I don't know what's the last two

That cursive Fraktur is a bitch to figure out.

That's a very interesting question and it's a part of what we call "nature vs nurture debate".
Personally, I(along with many scientists) take an intermediate position in this debate, and I believe that it is a combination of both - Einstein was a child with far above-average intellectual capacities who utilized them to a sphere of his exceptional interest - mathematics. Both were necessary to excel in calculus at such a young age, and I don't think that a normal child would be able to achieve this result even with formal education.

By the way, here is an interesting PopSci video on this subject if you're interested - youtube.com/watch?v=9xTz3QjcloI

Naturgeschichte is Natrual History. I think number 14 is Im Technischen Zeichuen which could be In Technical Drawing. The closest I can get to 13 is Im Kunstreichuen which might be In Art Drawing

Planimetrie Triginometrie is planimetric or planar trigonometry. Stereometrie geometrie is the geometry of 3D solids. Analytische geometrie is analytic geometry. Darstellende geometrie should be projective geometry.

Read his bio and they talked about this. Its not true. People said it while he was alive and he told them "I've never failed a class in my life, not even gym."

It is true that he did not take as many advanced math classes as others in his field, he later expressed regret over not taking more math classes.

So maybe you could say he was "bad at math" compared to some of his peers but he was still far better than the average person.

>upvotes

That's total horseshit. He excelled at Mathematics, receiving the highest possible grades in all of his physics and math courses. He started having a tough time while he was sorting out his General Relativity equations and having to deal with Differential Geometry. He had a tough time with some of the most advanced pure Mathematics at his time. Can you blame him being a Physicist? Mathematicians have a hard time with the subjects.

Actually he was a failed fridge mechanic. Look it up, I'm not even joking.

He got married. Check out Mileva Maric, Shes the one doing all the maths for him.

German here:

1. German language and literature: A
2. French language and literature: D
3. English language and literature: N/A
4. Italian language and literature: B
5. History: A
6. Geography: C
7. Algebra: A
8. Geometry(planimetric trigonometry, stereometry, analytic geometry): A
9. Descriptive geometry: A
10. Physics: A
11. Chemistry: B
12. Natural history: B
13. Artistic drawing: C
14. Technical drawing: C

Wrong.
6 - Best
1 - Worst.

So, an A = 6, ..., F = 1

So you say, he aced amth with his 6's.

He probably was really good, but the best choice was to do some dog years at the patent office. That's probably when they decided he'd be selected to become famous. Perfect role model for future engineers and scientists.