What comes to your mind when you see this image?

What comes to your mind when you see this image?

people who crease books in bookshops deserve to die

There's already a thread on McCarthy. Great author, by the way.

Faded blue jeans, it's disgusting

Other covers are better. The ones with the scenery. This is for the, oh the guy from no country for old men what other books does he have, crowd

Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat.

I get mad, because those covers are horrible, and it's the version i have of BM.

He sat at the table and picked up the tortilla and bit the tortilla and tortilla tortilla tortilla tortilla and thanked her and left.

>Old formen

Bunch of corncobby chronicles about tortillas, dirt, spitting, and saying "ye" in obnoxiously long sentences. I eternally shit on Faulkner, his disciples, and all other corncobby ilk.

The malevolent sun throbbed like a phallus on the horizon

Remember when Veeky Forums loved McCarthy?

No but I think we do

He's probably my favourite author. I don't care what these fags say.

Unbridled corncobbery.

those covers are way too busy.

A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.

I don't care what anyone says, this is the most vividly intense and illustrious sentences I've ever read.

>and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and

genius!

>illustrious
Well known, respected, and admired for past achievements, user?

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shillelagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

how corny

Polysyndeton reverberates with beauty, man. Also, as a biblical echo it always work and it's quite easy to identify.

a banana smoothie

i fucking HATE this BOARD

it's immersive and common of flow-of-consciousness prose to use a salvo of "and's" and "or's" when laying out a scene in high detail

Why no The Road?
They should have The Boarders Trilogy in order.

Man those covers suck ass

He does it for the entire book though. He uses and instead of commas.

how can he write all of these but I'm still waiting for the last game of thrones book?

This old faggot is like the Men At Work of literature.

he has a personal vendetta against most forms of punctuation. he thinks it clutters the page.

He's in his 80's that's how.

I can see how an emasculated bi-curious genderqueer would see him that way.

Time is passing for R.R. Martin as well

Why project this hard? Get help buddy

Yeah but I have every confidence that Grrm will comolete his final book and not leave his editors scrambling through his notes to finish it for him.

McCarthy on the other hand is working on three novels simultaneously, and to be honest I think we'd be lucky to see one of them finished. Dude is old.

>nothing can get past my impenetrable shield of memes

>Yeah but I have every confidence that Grrm will comolete his final book and not leave his editors scrambling through his notes to finish it for him.
I don't know, dude could keel over at any minute. Average lifespan for fatties isn't that long

swish, two points

>that wasn't a three-pointer
my foot was way behind the line bro

why is that copy of blood meridian so fucking thick?

publication companies do that with more popular releases to make them seem more important because page count obviously dictates the importance of a novel.
I once saw a copy of Heart of Darkness so thick it could've told the story three times over

Was it printed in pt 40 font or something? I have no idea how you can make Heart of Darkness thick. Unless the paper itself was extra thick which just seems like it'd be a logistical nightmare.

It had just a retarded amount of pages devoted to forewards and notes from the author and annotations and maps and journals and self-important nonsense. It was obviously purposefully thick to make it look important among larger novels on the shelf

This is the greatest thing that has ever been posted on here

They add a lot of fluff to recent editions to HoD. Foreward by so-and-so, essay by some guy, an old foreward from conrad, the Congo diary, footnotes etc

i have a copy of the communist manifesto that's like 400 pages, filled with introductions, essays and reviews by marxist scholars

Well, nothing comes to my mind because I'm not easily impressionable like all these other faggots. Let me guess the average of all your IQs: is it 75?

youre a fucking dumbass, no offense. whats your favorite s4s meme you ugly bitch? cause there are few better than this one. sorry you dont understand whats going on here but it's your fault for failing to grasp the intricacies of this meme. get acquainted, dumbshit. introducing monkey. best thread on the board at any given time. just the right combo of post-ironic word association, cryptic transpondence and fuckangry rants directed towards the enigmatic monkey himself. a brilliant, enthralling synthesis. this meme has found its groove, its WAY. you havent. probably never will. aimless basic-ass surface-level fucktard

the word "meme"

no it isnt

this

Bad covers.

He spat and coughed on his coffee in shock. You read McCarthy?

Yes.

He grabbed at his belly with rich howling laughter and when he finished he took a tear from the bottom of his eye with his forefinger and sighed.

He spat. What's wrong with McCarthy?

Look, he said. He pulled a book from khaki green rucksack with a printed hammer and sickle on the side and pointed at the cover and tapped it with his finger and nodded with a subdued smile. See this? He said.

Yes.

This is called "literature". His subdued smile broke. You'll know it one day.

Alright.

He placed the book face up on the table. The waitress approach and tilted her head mid-conversation to see the title.

"Nausea? Ain't that the which one about the root's existent 'nd such?" She chewed her gum,

The worlds enveloped - his face redenned to match the temperment of his mind aflurry. His eyes widened and his skin itched with breaking sweat. He'd been foiled, by a waitress of all things.

Worst attempt at McCarthy's style I've ever seen. Bloom is rolling in his grave.

Ok.

God these editions are tacky-looking.

McCarthy is literature for people who don't read literature

Whenever other boards have a pick your favorite book thing his name always comes up

He was born in New England, why do y'all call him a corncob

Exactly for that reason. He acts and writes like he's this folksy ye olde tyme Midwesterner and it's all complete bullshit. He even changed his name to Cormac from Charles or something.

10/10 Cormac impression.

butthurt samefaggot strikes again

Veeky Forums still does, it's literally one guy doing the memes

dude that Down Under song was brilliant

0/10 don't quit your day job

I can't imagine hating an author so much that you spend 100 % of your time making troll posts on Veeky Forums when you could be reading or actually having a life

Dissapointment

death traps

They're supposed to be thundering across the plain, a ceaselessly advancing horde. You want him to break it up into short staccato sentences? Describe it like a lifeless tableaux?

the graphic designer ought to be shot

>he keeps writing "monsieur"

"i fucking despise anglo writers, why are they so bland compared to the rest of the world?"

v. nice

A real writer can do so without being all cheeky and breaking fundamental rules and justifying it with muh postermodernism.

I wipe my ass on your scarf you virgin hipster.

Plenty on Veeky Forums still do, it's just there's also a few who keep forcing le epin maymay.

> from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning

This gave me shivers when I first read Blood Meridian. That whole chapter is devastating.

You say "forcing" as if it isn't already firmly established. Every thread gets derailed with the corncob memes and those who get triggered by them. This has been happening for a while now.

This guy gets it. The massacre happens so quickly that it should effectively be expressed via an extensive sentence where the grotesque details begin to blur.

> a real writer can do so without being all cheeky and breaking fundamental rules
> a real writer can do so without breaking fundamental rules
> implying a real writer shouldn't break fundamental rules

I hope to see a new McCarthy book published while he's still here. I remember reading somewhere that he was planning his next novel to be a long one.

Personally I just wish people would say why they didn't like him rather than shitposting.

But again I guess I'm also not actually that keen on shitposting.

The ' fundamental rules ' were broken with modernism dummy. Also in no way is McCarthy a postmodernist. You sound very stupid

the fact that there's so much resistance to the shitty memes should tell you how little it is being established. People don't like things that aren't funny or clever

Blood Meridian is widely classified and observed as a post-modern piece of literature. I don't care for your dissenting opinion on the matter, you child.

Show me *one* source that does this

you sound like just another mad corncobber t b h

inb4 bitching

I'm not mad user, I'm just disappointed. Now go to your room and make another cringe review

>cringe

good one lad

>le wikipedia is a source

Millenials are hilarious

>wikipedia
>a source

Right on cue with the bitching. Retards are too predictable.

> people who point out that I am copypasting wikipedia to back up my idiocy are retards

arguing with you is a waste of my time. So long, clown

Don't act like you wouldn't have made a stink about any source he posted you corncobbing retards.

>he
>not (You)

transparent

Kek, you retard. If you were having a real argument with me you would have pointed out why wikipedia is disreputable and not just parrot the memes that your grade 10 teacher told you yesterday. By all official accounts, it's reliable in the large sense. You're just buttdevestated about being wrong.

Not that I have to worry, since apparently you're so secure with your opinion that you've felt the need to abandon he argument. I'm sure you'll stick to that.

neurotransmitters

what is this your first week on the internet?

you're the retard you retarded retard. i would have accepted any source that didn't just say "it's postmodern" and instead actually had some sort of explanation

yeah good 'real argument' you faggot woman posting something that just says 'postmodern novel' fucking congratulations, get this guy into the whitehouse

If you're going to break your promise of fleeing like a little bitch you can at least show yourself the respect of not appearing to do so out of pure, blind buttrage.

i'm the other person who criticised your use of wikipedia you blind faggot