Have you noticed how it is perfectly normal to have good female musicians, sometimes even better than male ones...

Have you noticed how it is perfectly normal to have good female musicians, sometimes even better than male ones, but how all female writers suck or reach a below average level at best?

Why is this so? And what does this reveal of music and literature as arts?

Because you haven't actually read anything by women, but at the same time you ask them about their tit size randomly along the day. What's next? "
"Please post profile views of your face?" ;)

On one hand, women do tend to write from a very specific female perspective that men often cannot relate to. On the other, there are plenty examples of masterful female writing. Though there doesn't exist a woman with name recognition on the same level of the greatest writers in history.

For a good female author I recommend Cory Daniells King Rolens Kin trilogy. Phenomenal action, exceptional political intrigue, fantastic romance (kills off shit tier weak female love interest) but then lightly toys with another relationship.

>Have you noticed how it is perfectly normal to have good female musicians, sometimes even better than male ones
no

austen

>On one hand, women do tend to write from a very specific female perspective that men often cannot relate to.
You've got my attention, give me some writeresses which this phenomenon is prominent with

/thread

Rhetorician watcher

>doesn't exist a woman with name recognition on the same level of the greatest writers in history

A lot of people have The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged as their bible.

Rhetorician watcher

/Misogyny thread

George Eliot is on par with anyone you could compare her too, and better than most of them.

your mom

why is she so underrated on lit

He's right though, Margaret. Please tell me the gamut of great female musicians, that doesn't include Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell, or Nina Simone. Singers don't count.

Ok. Gloria Jones. Bjork. Patti Smith. Joan Jett. Janis Joplin. Lauryn Hill. Stevie Nicks. Claire Boucher . Joni Mitchell. To name a few.

Are you of those weird shits that listens to classical music.

Because she's pre-modernist and not Shakespeare, Dante, or Homer

>Are you of those weird shits that listens to classical music.

in which case he should know pic related, anne sophie mutter, evelyn glennie, etc etc

Entry level experimental and "self-aware" pop GRabage

You say the word misogyny and got TRIGGERED.

even though it was a joke, faggot.

If you can't listen to well produced and thought out pop music without getting angry, for no reason, you're probably mentally ill. I could list others but you'd be like "waaahhhhhhh she isn't telling me people I knowww!! hipster!!!"

It's weird, you should focus on literature and shut up about music. Assuming you know about literature.

Here is the lit guide to being right.

Step 1: Ask someone to tell you about talented people in a given group
Step 2: Call whoever they reference garbage or shit
Without wasting a thought to explain why.

Congrats you are so right.

Fiona Apple's Idler Wheel is the epitome of the female voice.

Jesus you got angry. I never said there were no good female musicians or writers either I just didn't like the ones you listed. also waaaaaahhhhhhh

I wasn't the one who asked for 'talented people in a given group' and I'm pretty sure I explained why they're shit.

>if you don't enjoy aural sugar specifically formulated to run mindlessly through one's head without providing any challenge or beauty, you are mentally ill
Wew lad

If you're calling Bjork "self aware pop garbage" you're a fucking goon minded fool.

The music equivalent of a writer is a composer/songwriter.

Name 5 good female composers/songwriters. you can't

The lit equivalent of a musician would be a stage actor.

Yeah. That's what I said. If you get angry at well produced acclaimed music, that's designed to feel nice, you're probably mentally ill. Yeah. Or at the very least stuck somehow with high school opinions.

Pretty sure all you said was "pop garbage"

I mean how many weren't pop. Go ahead and count, if it's not too much trouble for you.

Did you see that I included two categories in my comment. "Self-aware pop garbage" and "entry level experimental"? Guess which group I would include Bjork in?

That's like saying that not gorging on cake at every party you go to makes you crazy. What you put into your ears impacts your brain.

Pretty sure I also included "entry level experimental" in my comment. Name an artist OP listed who doesn't fit in one of those categories

Neither actually. It isn't called "experimental". Who calls music experimental this isn't 2006.

>That's like saying that not gorging on cake at every party you go to makes you crazy

Nobody is forcing you to gorge on cake and music doesn't have the same effect as gorging on cake. Shit metaphor.

Joan Jett and Janis Joplin weren't experimental they were legitimate rock and roll pioneers.

But allow me to apologize for failing to see your buzzwords and by the way MU is over there and Pol is up north

>"To name a few."
>probably struggled for half an hour to think of all of these, when he could have named twice as many as male musicians in five or ten minutes that are as good or better in your subjective opinion

>Are you of those weird shits that listens to classical music.
yes. Here you are calling me out for my taste, and yet I though we would have an actual discussion.

also this, although I actually believed that it went without saying
p sure this post is going to get ignored, what with you sperg retards sperg retarding out at 3 posts per minute, being unable to make a proper argument for your standpoint.

"also this, although I actually believed that it went without saying

""p sure this post is going to get ignored, what with you sperg retards sperg retarding out at 3 posts per minute, being unable to make a proper argument for your standpoint."

there was an empty line between these two sentences, fuck you Veeky Forums

Sorry let me travel back to 1960 and start referring to it as "Avant-garde". Fuck off

>probably struggled for half an hour to think of all of thes

Anonymous 28 minutes ago

Anonymous 25 minutes ago

Difference of 3 minutes.

Who the fuck calls things avant-garde is this 2013.

here's your response, now stop bring so fake

>He could of thought of male musicians faster! That means that good female ones don't exist!

How does this work moron?

Sorry I should have included "Mom Rock" in my comment to cover all the bases. Also interesting suggestions. Is anyone who doesn't share your musical taste an elitist and of those elitists are those who don't share your taste in female artists nazis? Like I said before there are female artists I like both in literature and music. Stop being such a faggot

Do you understand what I said at all?

...or else used wikipedia lmao
I was just trying to go the charitable interpretation route tbqh.

There is no way you can even name that many female musicians at all, unless you're a roastie and you have the argument already prepared for >muh girl power maymay

It doesn't mean that they don't exist.
It means that they don't exist nearly as often.

And if you're any serious about music, you'll be listening to _serious_ music, i.e. classical, where a "female" composer literally becomes the exception to the rule

Also, please refrain from attacking me personally. It's pointless because I'm anonymous, and it makes you sound like you're anxious for not having any actual arguments.

Lol Mom Rock. I don't give a fuck about your taste or what you think about mine. I just think that you calling anything you dont like garbage is equivalent to being a faggot. It's sad because you probably think literature is objective at the same time. You wouldn't be wrong, but you would be a fucking huge hypocrite.